• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
AlanCamelonfan

Football nation cup final

Football nation cup final between spartans and camelon juniors will take place thursday 23rd may at prestonfield linlithgow 730 pm kick off.

I have backed and defended eosfa all season but I'm sorry this is indefensible. Both teams idle on Saturday I suspect it's because linlithgow rose are away from home on Saturday and can't trust their ground to people. They should have moved it to another venue. Absolutely shocking  

Football nation cup final between spartans and camelon juniors will take place thursday 23rd may at prestonfield linlithgow 730 pm kick off.
I have backed and defended eosfa all season but I'm sorry this is indefensible. Both teams idle on Saturday I suspect it's because linlithgow rose are away from home on Saturday and can't trust their ground to people. They should have moved it to another venue. Absolutely shocking  
Dig at Linlithgow unwarranted.

6 minutes ago, John S said:
19 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dig at Linlithgow unwarranted.

How is it not. Only possible reason that game isn't taking place on Saturday is because they wouldn't let them use the park. Don't know why you are sticking up for hem it was camelon who helped boness out not linlithgow 

Don't know what that's got to do with anything. The thing is you don't know the reason therefore the dig is unreasonable. It wouldn't matter to me what team it was. Find out for sure then have your moan at them.

26 minutes ago, John S said:

Don't know what that's got to do with anything. The thing is you don't know the reason therefore the dig is unreasonable. It wouldn't matter to me what team it was. Find out for sure then have your moan at them.

What would be other reason that was he date the final was meant to be

I don't know although I would want to find out before I said anything.

1 minute ago, John S said:

I don't know although I would want to find out before I said anything.

It doesn't bother me mate. I;m only a supporter of Camelon Juniors I'm not a committee member. Thats the way I feel about it. It is the only explanation.

Aye, 'cause Lithgae have never let anyone use the ground when they have been away... Except they have, this season in fact.

Bit of a pity, that, was planning to go to that game on Saturday, after looking at fixtures in the area. Thursday will probably attract a lesser crowd.

56 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Aye, 'cause Lithgae have never let anyone use the ground when they have been away... Except they have, this season in fact.

Obviously trust livi more than  us. Big difference when it's a friendly over a cup quarter final 

Obviously trust livi more than  us. Big difference when it's a friendly over a cup quarter final 
Acht, admit it Alan you're making shit up again

2 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Acht, admit it Alan you're making shit up again emoji23.png

Aye is that why it's been changed to Tranent on the sunday get it up you ya fucking c***s

Aye is that why it's been changed to Tranent on the sunday get it up you ya fucking c***s
Enjoy your wee trip to Tranent Alan. And calm down eh. 🤣

Linlithgow have had no say or influence in the setting of the date. Linlithgow played Crossgates in the League Cup at the start of this season and hosted Livingston in the Betfred Cup on the same day.  

Let's look at a few facts you have missed.

Linlithgow wouldn't want a game on a Thursday if they had a choice. Financially a Saturday games are more attractive as people tend to buy more drink.

Rose play home midweek games Monday and Wednesday as other nights activities restricts access to club.

Linlithgow have never had issues over clashes with their own matches in the past.

Or is it maybe the EoS wanted a standalone date for the final. Similar to yesterday which boosted the crowd with neutrals.

A larger crowd surely appeals to competing sides, financially and sponsors for coverage.

31 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What an incredibly classless post. 

The game was scheduled for Thursday at Prestonfield.  I was contacted today to ask if Sunday was available instead, unfortunately there is a long standing fixture booked for Sunday at the park already.

As such instead of insisting that the final goes ahead on the Thursday the EOS have found a suitable alternative venue.

There wasn't a requet made for Saturday.

45 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What an absolute walloper.

38 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

With respect - not that you deserve it - Livi was one of the 3 major domestic cup competitions in Scottish football. Their match somewhat trumps something at our level. But we hosted them quite happily on 2 Saturdays where we were playing away from home. I think we'd have managed Camelon and Spartans alright. 

Are there any matches in the senior leagues set up for Saturday 26th? My guess is there are not because it's the senior Scottish Cup final. As Tynie says, we've had a booking for Prestonfield  on Sunday 19th for months as we are hosting a local schools tournament and it would be a major disappointment to the community if we were to let them down. I'm sure Tranent will look after you all just fine too.

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

What an incredibly classless post. 

The game was scheduled for Thursday at Prestonfield.  I was contacted today to ask if Sunday was available instead, unfortunately there is a long standing fixture booked for Sunday at the park already.

As such instead of insisting that the final goes ahead on the Thursday the EOS have found a suitable alternative venue.

There wasn't a requet made for Saturday.

The game was originallymeant to be on the Saturday. Fair enough the Sunday but it could have been played the Saturday. Yous have done yourselves 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The game was originallymeant to be on the Saturday. Fair enough the Sunday but it could have been played the Saturday. Yous have done yourselves 

I want you to read this very slowly.  Linlithgow Rose were not asked to host the final on a Saturday.  Linlithgow Rose do not have any influence on when the EOS schedule a cup final.

Hopefully there will be a full moon for you to howl at soon.