Motherwell - Livingston

10 hours ago, nsr said:

Can we just give David Turnbull the keys to the city of Motherwell now?

Also, can Motherwell be made a city in honour of David Turnbull?

Rename Hamilton road Turnbull road imo.

46 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Terrible marking for the header. The second goal is worse than I remember and I thought it was really bad. The boy is heading away from goal for the pen - silly.

Still, I thought there were encouraging signs for us going forward during the first and second halves. There can’t have been many games this season where we’ve had 19 on target.

We might’ve nicked a point but it’s maybe a bit much to expect giving away 3 set piece goals inside 25 mins. We need to get a couple of CBs in. Overall, Motherwell didn’t make the defensive errors that we did. Reasonable game for end of the season stuff and good to see a decent home crowd in the stand behind the goal. 

Edited by crispy

21 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Aye was a belter thought his wheelchair was gonna go right over! The fella got taken outside for a good 10-15 mins to get checked over but seemed alright in the end.

That was my boy's 2nd game he's been taken to and still has a record of 100%wins, when we saved their penalty I genuinely got a feeling that we would never lose a goal with him in the stadium!

First time I've sat in the south stand and was a pretty good viewpoint, good enough to see all 5 goals, gboly's sexy footwork up close and some of griffith's best saves. All round a decent game.

Griffiths? You need to buy a season ticket for next season and get upto date with the current squad mate. Gillespie has been playing for the last 6 month in goal and is class.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Scott Tiffoney threatening to be an effective top flight footballer is not something I expected to happen.

Looks really promising after 6 months out on loan, definitely a starter next season next to Dykes for me

I wouldn't be surprised to see Livi struggle. How many points have they picked up since teams figured them out after their initial good spell this season?

Our immunity to relegation appears to have unfortunately spread to Hamilton, so they'll be safe.

2 hours ago, nsr said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Livi struggle. How many points have they picked up since teams figured them out after their initial good spell this season?

I think it was 30 points by NY then 14 after.

I think we’ve looked a lot better going forward in this second half of the season and I felt yesterday was pretty even, for example. I think we’ve lost 15/16 games by a single goal (generally 1-0) because we weren’t doing enough up top. The last half a dozen games have been for experimenting. Kelly has missed a couple, Lamie moved from LB to CB,  etc. so results have been secondary. With a couple of defensive additions, I think we’ll have a competitive team again next year. 

How many of this Motherwell wonder generation do you expect to see at the start of next season? Do you think you will start the season with a stronger or weaker squad than you’ve ended this one with? The loss of Morgan for St. Mirren meant they were on a bit of a hiding to nothing I thought...

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Turnbull’s first is better than I thought. Didn’t realise Scott laid it off for him.

The layoff was brilliant. Scott is already showing the benefits of getting a run in the team - he was looking much more accomplished than he was when he was getting sub appearances here and there. 

3 hours ago, Swello said:

The layoff was brilliant. Scott is already showing the benefits of getting a run in the team - he was looking much more accomplished than he was when he was getting sub appearances here and there. 

Aye, I've mentioned this before but you can see why the club seem to like him. The more he's finding his feet the more confident he seems to be.

On top of the lay-off he had 2 or 3 decent efforts (that didn't go wildly over the bar Curtis Main-style) and his link-up play and general awareness is good. That backheel that played  Cadden in was *cough* Zlatan-esque.

He'll pull out wide and drop into #10 areas and actually seems far more creative than someone like Main and already looks more capable at this level than a Dylan Mackin. Understandably he still seems hyper aware of opposing centre backs and their physicality.

If he can spend the summer tanning creatine and get 6 months in the Championship there's definitely a space in the team for him.

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I've mentioned this before but you can see why the club seem to like him. The more he's finding his feet the more confident he seems to be.

On top of the lay-off he had 2 or 3 decent efforts (that didn't go wildly over the bar Curtis Main-style) and his link-up play and general awareness is good. That backheel that played  Cadden in was *cough* Zlatan-esque.

He'll pull out wide and drop into #10 areas and actually seems far more creative than someone like Main and already looks more capable at this level than a Dylan Mackin. Understandably he still seems hyper aware of opposing centre backs and their physicality.

If he can spend the summer tanning creatine and get 6 months in the Championship there's definitely a space in the team for him.

I thought against Accies at the start of this run he looked like he was struggling to get to grips with the game. Every passing game he's looking better and better though. He's picked up more to his game in the last 5 weeks than he has in about a year in the reserves.

Get him in the gym all summer, get him on loan for six months then get him in the fucking team.