Motherwell - Livingston

‘Well fans no longer jizzing their pants about Turnbull after an anonymous second half [emoji38]
Thought we were the better team for at least the last half hour and kept their danger men quiet. The defence certainly looked more settled in the second half. Tiffoney was outstanding after coming on and Menga gave us another threat going forward, don't know how he didn't get a penalty at the end!!! Also thought Miller did really well in a new role for him. Worked his socks off and gave us a bit of height in midfield. Felt we missed Keaghs or Lawson first half though as their tenacity and energy could have matched Motherwell's better than Miller or Byrne. Odoffin needs to learn how to tackle, I like that he throws himself into challengers but he'll get booked more than he'll win the ball with how late he is. Hardie has taken a huge knock in his confidence and, not for lack of trying, was dire today. Should have buried the penalty and the one he stabbed from 2 yards out that the keeper sidefooted clear without having to move. Not a bad team performance all in today, lacked a bit of intensity and a cutting edge up top. Referee gave Motherwell EVERYTHING and all 3 goals came from set pieces. I can't remember Stewart having to do too much other than that. Turnbull is a fantastic player and Motherwell will be fighting off bigger teams if he can keep it up, but I felt we dealt well with him and ariyibi (who I thought was a real threat) in the second half. Some good things to look forward to next season; Tiffoney looks an ideal partner for Miller or Dykes, Menga has settled into his role as a winger, Kelly has been offered a deal as, I'm sure, has Byrne, Lamie looks reasonably comfortable as a centre back at this level, Bartley coming in to give the backline a bit of protection and Hamilton are staying up so we only have to finish above them [emoji23]

We were awful. Motherwell weren't great but didn't need to be as we self-destructed. Since when did we become so bad at defending set pieces? Obvious to say but we need to completely reconstruct the defence in the summer.  I am not convinced that the guys we still have can be organised well enough. And very clearly we need to get a new keeper if Kelly goes... 

Referee was shite.

We were awful. Motherwell weren't great but didn't need to be as we self-destructed. Since when did we become so bad at defending set pieces? Obvious to say but we need to completely reconstruct the defence in the summer.  I am not convinced that the guys we still have can be organised well enough. And very clearly we need to get a new keeper if Kelly goes... 
Referee was shite.
That's a bit harsh. Weren't great and Motherwell took advantage in the first half. The backline might be fantastic once they get playing together...we seem to forget that the GHL unit played together for over 2 years so knew where they each needed to be at all times. You only get a solid defensive unit by playing together.

Very mixed game from us . Some suspect defending along with some good passages of play in the first half, then foot off the gas in 2nd half and Livi took full advantage to get right back in it. 

Enjoyable game considering it was the last day with nothing at stake. 

Big Tam Aldred hurtling into a double-pike into  row D of the Hunter and landing in the middle of the flag was decent entertainment. 

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Where the hell are we going to play Donnelly?

Tbf, Robinson said in his pre-match yesterday that he wanted to have a look at him playing as a #6.

Not really a game to judge him but a few wayward passes aside he was fine for the most part though he looked a bit more uncomfortable at LB.

5 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

That was rather entertaining with both teams creating chance after chance. It could easily have been 6-5. The goal from the corner was sexy as was Gboly’s footwork for the first penalty.

Didn't result in a goal but that backheel from Scott through to Cadden. OMG.

Cadden had a lovely nutmeg in the first half as well. I’m sure the story of the match will capture a few of them.

I hope the person in the disabled section is alright. Liam Donnelly knocked their hat clean off as he blasted his clearance of the face. Looked a sore yin.

I hope the person in the disabled section is alright. Liam Donnelly knocked their hat clean off as he blasted his clearance of the face. Looked a sore yin.

Aye, that was just below me in the POD.

I saw Donnelly put his laces through it but didn’t see who he’d scudded. There was a fair amount of concern from both sets of players.

Hope they’re alright.

A mad game, quite enjoyable in the end but I was #seething at half time. Gave away some pish goals and I actually thought we looked alright going forward, just lost all defensive nous.

There will be changes for us next year no doubt, sad to see some real cracking players for us go, but we need a bit of refreshment. Tiffoney done very well when he came on and it was encouraging to see De Vita play a more prominent role than what he did last week.

The setup at Motherwell is fantastic, all things considered - quite jealous tbh, glad that they got in a good crowd and response from their local community. 5.5k for a menaningless end of season game against us is a good return.

I’ll be bursting for the League Cup groups in a few weeks like most. [emoji23]

Aye was a belter thought his wheelchair was gonna go right over! The fella got taken outside for a good 10-15 mins to get checked over but seemed alright in the end.

That was my boy's 2nd game he's been taken to and still has a record of 100%wins, when we saved their penalty I genuinely got a feeling that we would never lose a goal with him in the stadium!

First time I've sat in the south stand and was a pretty good viewpoint, good enough to see all 5 goals, gboly's sexy footwork up close and some of griffith's best saves. All round a decent game.

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Good to see the West coast assert our supremacy in all three games today.

Such supremacy guided yourselves to a very respectable 8th place finish, which looked like never happening at one point, well done to all at Well.

Edited by tree house tam
Fat fingered drunk