Always wondered where the name ‘Warout’ came from. Obviously there are a few streets around the stadium with that name. Is it the usual story of rewarding a councillor or is there something else?

Edited by The Mantis
Feckin autocorrect

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Cheers Gogsy although it seems a bit of a stretch... I take it it’s pronounced Wearout, or Wearoot. like most folk south of the river I just assumed it was pronounced War - out :lol:

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Cheers Gogsy although it seems a bit of a stretch... I take it it’s pronounced Wearout, or Wearoot. like most folk south of the river I just assumed it was pronounced War - out :lol:

I'lll be honest I have always pronounced it War-out, never heard anyone pronounce it any other way

All the precincts of Glenrothes are named after the original farms thar worked the land they are built on. 

That's how we have areas known as Macedonia and a Newcastle as well as Warout. 

Sure is right.  All original farms and steadings that were built on during the years have been remembered by having estates named after them.    See this old map http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20289.  Anybody that knows the stadium will know that the trees shown on the map under the name Warout are still there.   Have lived in the town for over 50 years.  It is definitely War- out   

2 minutes ago, glenshomereg said:

Sure is right.  All original farms and steadings that were built on during the years have been remembered by having estates named after them.    See this old map http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20289.  Anybody that knows the stadium will know that the trees shown on the map under the name Warout are still there.   Have lived in the town for over 50 years.  It is definitely War- out   

I was just looking through the old maps myself...

The older map from 1900ish showing the old Leslie branch line passing just south of the stadium now and heading to Markinch

258F2F32-627F-4E74-B754-752E40A886F6.png

4F853763-3F86-4099-BFD7-D1D988AB2483.png

Macedonia getting renamed to West Macedonia to avoid diplomatic issue with Greece imo

Can a clever person remove the Juniors from the title of this thread please.

Good to see the new signings taking shape.

38 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Now that is what I call a fixture list:

At least 23 games before a return fixture (Arniston on 18th Jan?), lovely job! 👌

That is what was pledged when the First Division format was announced.

First Division opens with clubs playing everyone else once within their own conference (and also on the international weekend in mid-November). From end of October until the Christmas break, and through February, it's inter-conferences games. Mixture of both at New Year and January with the derbies, plus on groundhop weekend. Then return games in the conference from March onward. It'll undoubtedly get mixed-up a bit due to cup-ties, postponements and groundshares but the basic principle is a worthy one.

(Incidentally their first return game is actually the derby with Inverkeithing at New Year having previously meeting on opening day... it's cut-off the bottom of that image).

On 13/06/2019 at 17:28, The Mantis said:

It is War-Out.

For those Junior contributors that made the case that Glenrothes were about to fold:

Edited by Pyramidic

Interesting that the Pumphie tweets stopped as the goals went in.  The eventual score was:

Pumpherston Juniors 2-5 Glenrothes

At one stage it was 0-4 with Pumphie pulling two back in the second half.

The same thing happened with the Tynecastle match.  That final score was:

Pumpherston Juniors 1-4 Tynecastle

In their other game Pumpherston lost 2-1 away to Broxburn Ath.

I'm sure once @superbigal realises his mistake he'll be on offering the club an apology. Wouldn't hold my breath though as he'd have to get that confirmed by the man pulling his strings.

Glens are no where near folding , lots of things happening on and off the pitch , all positive