Glenrothes

The statement I read was a goodbye and thank you to the Juniors. While looking forward to the EoS and running some youth sides.
You make it sound like they've folded.
He has a hard on for Glenrothes, remember [emoji23]

It's all about perspective. The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship's kitchen
I don't agree with your interpretation of this, but that metaphor is so good I had to give it a greenie.

2 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Doesn’t matter what club I support the whole of Fife knows about your obsession with TJ. We won’t be here long remember.

:lol:   get some help.

Edited by Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Wee Fifer said:

It's all about perspective. The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship's kitchen

Your perspective seems to be that of a melodramatic junior fan that probably never batted an eye at Montrose Roselea moving north for what they considered the betterment of their club. But Glenrothes moving from one East league to another is the death of the club.

Hearing that they are becoming kelty reserves, sad way to go but I suppose they have to get players from somewhere.

I’m unsure of facts but if anyone has seen kelty hearts u20s this year who have won their conference. I have to say its a good move for the club. These younger players will come from a good background with hunger and desire, also probably wanting less money than an experienced eos/junior player as well. I think with the way their season has went this could be a shining light and shows the clubs looking at long term future rather than just fielding a team. Seems sensible and good luck to them with that. Rather than spending money on ex players instead developing people who maybe aren’t quite ready for kelty first team but showed enough potential to play at a good level in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

You’re the one with the problem my friend. Trolling me from the minute I mentioned Glenrothes in one of my posts. You’re a  TJ  obsessed Blackburn fan , remember.

Do us all a favour, go and get a hobby and don't re-register for the 156th time.  Everyone would appreciate it,

39 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

I said “ the death of the club  as we knew it”  If people want to misconstrue that as me having some form of vandetta against the club that’s their problem not mine. 

Up until the end of the last decade Glenrothes were a very successful team with a thriving social club. They had no problem attracting players with transfers taking place regularly between them and all 4 of Fifes senior clubs and their record in the Junior Cup is better than that of Kelty.  That’s how I always knew it. Since it fell into the wrong hands about 8 years ago a whole host of managers and players  have been either undermined, mistreated or threatened by the previous chairman culminating in the position they find themselves in today.  Delapitation order from the council, rock bottom of a league even after the defection of 27 teams to the EOS and most recently being beaten 8-1 in a consolation league cup. 

I would look at Crossgates and the up turn they've gone through to be in this year's EoS Premier. There's nothing to stop Glenrothes bouncing back from a relative low point.

They're looking at their youth teams. So the idea of Glenrothes just becoming Kelty reserves doesn't seem true. Short term picking up some of the Kelty u20s seems like a good idea since Kelty are 2 tiers above and buying in experience instead of blooding youngsters.

2 hours ago, naebor said:

I’m unsure of facts but if anyone has seen kelty hearts u20s this year who have won their conference. I have to say its a good move for the club. These younger players will come from a good background with hunger and desire, also probably wanting less money than an experienced eos/junior player as well. I think with the way their season has went this could be a shining light and shows the clubs looking at long term future rather than just fielding a team. Seems sensible and good luck to them with that. Rather than spending money on ex players instead developing people who maybe aren’t quite ready for kelty first team but showed enough potential to play at a good level in the first place.

I've watched Kelty U20s them four or five times when they've played in Edinburgh this season. When I first saw them, it was very much "wow". They played a high tempo passing game that other teams couldn't match and their early results backed that up. I assumed that the style of play came from Lee Wallace as their coach. As the season progressed they weren't as dominant and the scorelines were much closer. I don't know if that was down to the opposition improving or changes in the Kelty line up. They play Spartans in the Conference play-off game on Friday night, so I might go along. I would put Spartans as slight favourites based on what I've seen of both sides in the last couple of months.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Wee Fifer said:

It was 80 odd not that long ago and according to the keyboard warrior earlier today only 25 . Anyhow I thought you enjoyed sitting there in your white plastic chair , red dotting  away until you’re blue in the face every new poster from Fife that mentioned the ex chairman of Glenrothes. 

Will you get a grip?!

Starting to sound like the sh1t, immature patter that makes the ‘Junior’ forum on here unreadable...

Fair enough, have an opinion. But grow the f*ck up :thumbsdown

50 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

If stating facts about Glens to back up my opinion on a thread entitled Glenrothes Juniors is immature then I’m guilty as charged. 

Here’s the apology to the man threatened to be beaten up (a father of 3 young kids who played for the club for many years) posted on another forum from the chairman in question. People can make up their own mind rather than listen to a grown internet hard man.

674345F1-B60E-4FD2-B3DD-8389A756C49E.thumb.jpeg.a606f28b86225cf71f660cb2710ad9f3.jpeg

Whit?!

I was more on about the page and a bit of bickering with Burnieman over f*ck all, but whatever. I’m just here for the football.

Yes, give your opinion on Glenrothes but let’s not get bogged down in petty schoolground sh1te

Confident if you check back the page you’ll realise it was Burnieman responsible for the bickering but thanks for the advice. From now on I’ll just ignore him and be more grown up by introducing f*ck and sh1te into every post.
Try ignoring Pie and Bovril because trust me, everyone is heartily sick of you. Nobody cares about your Glenrothes grudge.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
14 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:
Confident if you check back the page you’ll realise it was Burnieman responsible for the bickering but thanks for the advice. From now on I’ll just ignore him and be more grown up by introducing f*ck and sh1te into every post.

Try ignoring Pie and Bovril because trust me, everyone is heartily sick of you. Nobody cares about your Glenrothes grudge.

Dinae you start now, we’ve nearly got rid of him!

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
3 minutes ago, Spyro said:
Dinae you start now, we’ve nearly got rid of him!

You wont get rid of him mate, he's been at this for years.

Fair enough but I’m genuinely interested in what’s happening with Glenrothes tbh...

I didn’t realise the politics behind it all but I’m happy to hear all sides of the story rather than you pair squabbling over nothing. Plus I expect more from you... I’ve disagreed with folk on here before (especially the HL crew!) but I try and keep it on topic rather than things turning it into a personal issue against certain members. Wee Fifer has a valid point, he just spoiled it by acting like a bairn, don’t become one of them :angel

Fair enough but I’m genuinely interested in what’s happening with Glenrothes tbh...

I didn’t realise the politics behind it all but I’m happy to hear all sides of the story rather than you pair squabbling over nothing. Plus I expect more from you... I’ve disagreed with folk on here before (especially the HL crew!) but I try and keep it on topic rather than things turning it into a personal issue against certain members. Wee Fifer has a valid point, he just spoiled it by acting like a bairn, don’t become one of them :angel

Listen mate don't get involved, trust me. Feel free to talk about Glenrothes all you want and stick him on ignore. I'm done with it.

Is there any evidence that Glenrothes need to find anywhere else, other than gossip?
There is certainly a lot of gossip I'll give you that.
Hence I ask the direct question for now.
Maybe someone can answer ?

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

There is certainly a lot of gossip I'll give you that.
Hence I ask the direct question for now.
Maybe someone can answer ?

Probably the same people who said the same thing about Cumbernauld Colts and that clearly didn't happen