Glenrothes

18 hours ago, sniffer said:

Any news on Glenrothes juniors dilapidation order from the Fife council ?

Sounds a wee alarmist!  I hope the following links paint a more positive picture of Glenrothes stadium regeneration.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/544282/progress-made-with-warout-stadium-takeover-plans/

Auchmuty and Tenants Residents Association

http://auchmuty.ourplace.scot/improving-warout-stadium/

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Thornton man on the sauce last night.:lol:

I gathered that.  Such a shame that Thornton appear rooted in the past and appear unwilling to join the "big adventure".  It will be interesting to compare these traditional rivals in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

I gathered that.  Such a shame that Thornton appear rooted in the past and appear unwilling to join the "big adventure".  It will be interesting to compare these traditional rivals in a couple of years.

It could prove to be difficult as Fife Council have no money left to dish out after bankrolling  kelty for all these years.

First thing that they will have to do is get a former player to become the provost of fife then take it from there, throw in a few brown envelopes and hey presto. SORTED

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

I doubt Thornton could get into the EOS anyway. They literally play in a public park. If Syngenta & Glenrothes Strollers aren't allowed while having better grounds than theirs, there is no way the EOS can justify admitting Thornton Hibs.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

I doubt Thornton could get into the EOS anyway. They literally play in a public park. If Syngenta & Glenrothes Strollers aren't allowed while having better grounds than theirs, there is no way the EOS can justify admitting Thornton Hibs.

Spot on marten.

didn’t take gogglebox long to bite, 4 minutes lol

Sounds a wee alarmist!  I hope the following links paint a more positive picture of Glenrothes stadium regeneration.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/544282/progress-made-with-warout-stadium-takeover-plans/

Auchmuty and Tenants Residents Association
http://auchmuty.ourplace.scot/improving-warout-stadium/

Your puting up articles 4 years ago pal, and if you new yer stuff you would know the guy that was driving this Davie Nelson (in the picture) has passed away rip Davie but your a muppet.

1 hour ago, sniffer said:

Your puting up articles 4 years ago pal, and if you new yer stuff you would know the guy that was driving this Davie Nelson (in the picture) has passed away rip Davie but your a muppet.

BOOM.   Taxi for pyramidic

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

Inverkeithing's ground was a public park before they added a rail and some orange mesh fencing around their running track. If that is suitable then no reason why Thornton shouldn't be allowed to do the same to begin with. Especially as they've had planning permission in the past for a proper fence (and lights), so they can work towards that over the first season or two.

1 hour ago, sniffer said:

The Courier article is from November 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
I know it’s frowned upon in this community to have an opinion that differs from those who no longer support the juniors and I’m far too long in the tooth to be involved in childish arguments but I think you’ll find that Glenrothes have been in decline for nearly 8 years now. Their problems are highly unlikely to disappear now that they’ve swapped associations. It’s been well documented that from next season they will “inherit” the majority of Kelty 20s and only time will tell how that works out. I hate to see any club going to the wall so hopefully it does but will have nothing to do with Thornton being rooted in the past. You only need to compare these rivals over the past 2 years for proof of that.
You're not fooling anyone [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Very sad indeed. Announcement on their official Facebook now basically confirming the death of the club as we knew it. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of visits to Warout during my fathers playing days and although I turned down the opportunity to sign for them in the 90s always looked forward to returning there as a player. Feel real sorrow for the current committee who have put in a lot of hard work the past year or so trying to revive the club but unfortunately the behaviour of the previous chairman has tarnished its reputation and the damage is beyond repair. Club legend John Forsyth will be turning in his grave.

The statement I read was a goodbye and thank you to the Juniors. While looking forward to the EoS and running some youth sides.

You make it sound like they've folded.

He's had 25 different accounts on here all of which he uses to slag off Glenrothes and Burnieman. No shock to see him overreacting.

Here is the actual statement so you can all make your own minds up rather than listen to a facile vindictive troll.

Glenrothes Juniors Football Club have fulfilled their last fixture as a Junior Club before our move to the East of Scotland League for the forthcoming season. The current committee would like to thank the SJFA and the East of Scotland Region Juniors for their support since our formation in 1964 until the present day.

We would also like to express our thanks and gratitude to all the previous committee members who have served the club since its formation, former man...gers and players who contributed so much to the success of the club not only during the league and cup winning days but also during the non successful seasons who's commitment allowed the club to maintain a presence in Junior football.

Also a mention to the numerous volunteers who have assisted in providing our well renowned half- time and full-time hospitality. Your efforts and commitment have been greatly appreciated by visiting committees. We can't forget about the Pie Hut volunteers from the caravan to the current pie hut site, too many to mention but their efforts have been greatly appreciated and lastly the supporters who have supported the club through thick and thin.
As detailed previously the decision to move to the East of Scotland League was not taken lightly. After reviewing the clubs current situation and the benefits of joining the East of Scotland League the committee voted unanimously to apply and were subsequently successful and accepted into the East of Scotland League. We now look forward to competing in the East of Scotland League.

We would also like to confirm we will have an under 17 team who will complete in the AFYFC league next season and also welcome on board the "Young Glens" who will be competing in the forthcoming CEFSSA fixtures.

Behind the scenes there are lots of positive changes being proposed on and off the park, we will update on social media when these have been implicated.
Pete McQuade
Chairman Glenrothes Football Club

Edited by Jason King