Dundee vs St. Mirren

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

That was one of my favourite seasons following St. Mirren. Even the anticipation of winning our first game and being able to lord it over whoever that was, after being so bad. 

I remember being convinced we were going to beat Falkirk away and couldn't wait to give them the vickies at 90mins. Baird got sent off and we lost 3-1. That must have been December. We won the following midweek away to QoS and typically I couldn't make it.

So many great games in the second half of that season too. Away to Morton and Ayr, beating Hibs 2-0 with a Stelios double, the home win over Dundee Utd, humping Ayr and Raith at home.

The second half of that season was just phenomenal - even though I didn't get to any of the midweek games. It was arguably a better experience than winning the title the following season, although with the Great Escape I always had that feeling at the nagging of my mind that battering teams could end up being for nothing in the end.

The QOS midweek game was one I could make and I very much enjoyed the following morning at work.

No way we sold 600 in the two hours the ticket office was open tonight unless they were queuing back to Underwood Road before opening (they weren't !). Didn't the club say we were given 2500 anyway ?

As far as I am aware the club never said how many we got just that we had all the tickets it was my son who told me 2600 when he was down getting ours tonight and there was still 30 minutes To go when he told me that.

1 hour ago, elvis said:
2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
No way we sold 600 in the two hours the ticket office was open tonight unless they were queuing back to Underwood Road before opening (they weren't !). Didn't the club say we were given 2500 anyway ?

As far as I am aware the club never said how many we got just that we had all the tickets it was my son who told me 2600 when he was down getting ours tonight and there was still 30 minutes To go when he told me that.

We can give you up to 3800 dependent on what your board says they expect you to take. The Shankly holds roughly 2800 (you get given that initially) and the Main Stand section that holds the overflow for bigger supports (or the entire support for diddy supports) holds roughly 1000. 

I assume you've just been given the Shankly (behind the goal stand?). Your website doesn't make the distinction but says you've been given our full allocation?

Edited by Ludo*1

I suppose it's experiencing the lows that make you appreciate the highs that bit more.

This is it exactly. And it applies to every supporter up and down the country, bar the glory hunting wanks of the old firm.

And that is why it means more to your typical fan of every other club - something rangers and Celtic fans will never understand or experience.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Got my bus ticket and match ticket but just got a call to say the person standing in for me can't make it  so i will have to work. Gutted utterly gutted. 

That's a blow. Have you got access to BT Sport? / a link ? 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Got my bus ticket and match ticket but just got a call to say the person standing in for me can't make it  so i will have to work. Gutted utterly gutted. 

Sorry to hear that DZ. I'm sometimes "perplexed" by your posts on here but there is no denying your loyalty to the club and your commitment to supporting them whenever and wherever you can. Hopefully a better result than Accies tomorrow will cheer you up regardless. Or, failing that, a fine playoff victory next weekend that you can enjoy in person.

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

That's crap news. I know how much you were looking forward to the Match. 

That was one of my favourite seasons following St. Mirren. Even the anticipation of winning our first game and being able to lord it over whoever that was, after being so bad. 
I remember being convinced we were going to beat Falkirk away and couldn't wait to give them the vickies at 90mins. Baird got sent off and we lost 3-1. That must have been December. We won the following midweek away to QoS and typically I couldn't make it.
So many great games in the second half of that season too. Away to Morton and Ayr, beating Hibs 2-0 with a Stelios double, the home win over Dundee Utd, humping Ayr and Raith at home.
A season of two half's. Certain relegation fodder the first half, league champions winning form after January. An incredible comeback. Better than anything Rocky did

You can feasibly add another 500 tickets onto that figure between now and tomorrow. Another couple hundred again if Dundee had a PATG or ticket on the day option. Its going to be some turnout regardless of what happens. 
Would be silly if Dundee didn't announce a PatG. Plenty of interest with people who don't have tickets asking. Ridiculous that it hasnt been announced midweek so people can organised travel

Good to see the Saints fans turning up in big numbers, nice wee bonus for our treasurer ahead of the dreaded drop.  Accies to lose and 4-4 draw at Dens the ideal outcome
I'd take that all day long

We can give you up to 3800 dependent on what your board says they expect you to take. The Shankly holds roughly 2800 (you get given that initially) and the Main Stand section that holds the overflow for bigger supports (or the entire support for diddy supports) holds roughly 1000. 
I assume you've just been given the Shankly (behind the goal stand?). Your website doesn't make the distinction but says you've been given our full allocation?
Sounds about right