Dundee vs St. Mirren

Wrong , I have said for weeks we will be in the play off's. That my friend is in our own hands. There is an outside chance on Saturday I would not bet against Hamilton this Saturday that's for sure. Over 2,000 tickets sold now. 
True enough, play offs are tense affairs. Look at Leeds last night, 2-0 ahead and crusing and they blow it big style.

I'd say we are good enough to beat United and ICT over 2 legs, that's obviously in our hands. Just takes a bad refereeing decision to spoil it though.

In terms of support for a club regardless of what happens, St Mirren have been up there with the best this season. Deserve far more than Accies. We'll just have to see what happens on Saturday, as McPake's interview sounds like he's in it to win it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

46 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's just phenomenal, isn't is? Our fans have been dragged through an utter dogshit season. In fact, the seasons that ended in 2015, 16 & 17 were also utter dogshit seasons ( though the great escape was brilliant, obviously, but shouldn't overshadow how rank we were until February).

Yet after all that, with us still in the playoff places and 10th place out of our hands, we are taking 2,000+ to Dundee.

We're some club. :wub:

That was one of my favourite seasons following St. Mirren. Even the anticipation of winning our first game and being able to lord it over whoever that was, after being so bad. 

I remember being convinced we were going to beat Falkirk away and couldn't wait to give them the vickies at 90mins. Baird got sent off and we lost 3-1. That must have been December. We won the following midweek away to QoS and typically I couldn't make it.

So many great games in the second half of that season too. Away to Morton and Ayr, beating Hibs 2-0 with a Stelios double, the home win over Dundee Utd, humping Ayr and Raith at home.

52 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In terms of support for a club regardless of what happens, St Mirren have been up there with the best this season. Serve far more than Accies. We'll just have to see what happens on Saturday, as McPake's interview sounds like he's in it to win it.

Dundee would be nuts to appoint a manager before the last game McPake wants the job this is his chance to win two games on the bounce. I hope not of course just in case St Johnstone get a result. 

20 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That was one of my favourite seasons following St. Mirren. Even the anticipation of winning our first game and being able to lord it over whoever that was, after being so bad. 

I remember being convinced we were going to beat Falkirk away and couldn't wait to give them the vickies at 90mins. Baird got sent off and we lost 3-1. That must have been December. We won the following midweek away to QoS and typically I couldn't make it.

So many great games in the second half of that season too. Away to Morton and Ayr, beating Hibs 2-0 with a Stelios double, the home win over Dundee Utd, humping Ayr and Raith at home.

Fair play. But we were still put through the wringer, was more my point, and fans still gave (almost) unwavering support*. 

I definitely can't allow myself to call 'staying up on goal difference' a 'success'.

* Apart from that one guy who had a go at Jack Ross at QoS :lol:

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play. But we were still put through the wringer, was more my point, and fans still gave (almost) unwavering support*. 

I definitely can't allow myself to call 'staying up on goal difference' a 'success'.

* Apart from that one guy who had a go at Jack Ross at QoS :lol:

We were certainly put through the wringer, I suppose it's experiencing the lows that make you appreciate the highs that bit more.

It's maybe easy for me to look back now with rose tinted specs about how much I enjoyed that season. 

Edited by houston_bud

You can feasibly add another 500 tickets onto that figure between now and tomorrow. Another couple hundred again if Dundee had a PATG or ticket on the day option. Its going to be some turnout regardless of what happens. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You can feasibly add another 500 tickets onto that figure between now and tomorrow. Another couple hundred again if Dundee had a PATG or ticket on the day option. Its going to be some turnout regardless of what happens. 

Glad to see it. Would be up there if not for a family emergency, but nice to see even this game will gave a decent attendance, even if it's largely St Mirren fans.

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Are you home for this game Chappy ?

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dundee would be nuts to appoint a manager before the last game McPake wants the job this is his chance to win two games on the bounce. I hope not of course just in case St Johnstone get a result. 

McPake's only getting this one game. The hopeless dab was in charge last weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Munoz said:

2600 tickets sold .

No way we sold 600 in the two hours the ticket office was open tonight unless they were queuing back to Underwood Road before opening (they weren't !). Didn't the club say we were given 2500 anyway ?