Hibs vs Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

All a bit moot tbh

Celtic will utterly boaby hertz in the cup final 

Pretty much.

I hope we finish 3rd but it's not going to ruin my weekend if we don't. I would also have no bitterness towards Killie finishing 3rd at all.

Kind of looking forward to the summer break.

Looking forward to this one, and a good finish to the season against these ever raging Hibees. However,  with Rangers lying down to their wee brothers, we have little chance of getting third and it’s going to be an unusual day of supporting Celtic in the Cup Final. The League Cup groups can stay a mystery to Aberdeen for a wee while longer.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Easter Road at the end of the season is always a good laugh, and the likelihood of an even greater drunken shambles than normal is increased. Lovelee.

If GMS is fit I would just drop the rest of the team to let them go on holiday, and put The Hibee Killer and one-legged Lewis up against the best Hibs have got. 

I reckon we'd still win 3-1 (Lewis misses a penalty).

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Easy home win for us as the sheep will bottle a big game they need to win as always

Enjoying your rather existential definition of what a 'big game' is for Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Enjoying your rather existential definition of what a 'big game' is for Aberdeen. 

Yer man Derek said the Hibs game in February was an "important game" for Aberdeen, and that one wasn't even a potential decider for European fitba'. To be fair, we Hibsed that game harder than you could bottle it, so it might not have been THAT important to you.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Yer man Derek said the Hibs game in February was an "important game" for Aberdeen, and that one wasn't even a potential decider for European fitba'. To be fair, we Hibsed that game harder than you could bottle it, so it might not have been THAT important to you.

Every game that every club plays is 'important' in some sense, even those against under achieving mid-table dross like Hibs. 

On the scale of 'big games' though, this one is ranked pretty far down. Finish 3rd ? Whoopee. Finish 4th ? Who cares, Hearts have a snowball's chance of beating Celtic in the final anyway.

I hadn't even begun to consider it a 'big game'.....I was just looking forward to a bevvy in Edinburgh....but now the subject's been brought up by you Hibees, I'm allowing myself a wee tingle now and then.

So cheers for that :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Every game that every club plays is 'important' in some sense, even those against under achieving mid-table dross like Hibs. 

On the scale of 'big games' though, this one is ranked pretty far down. Finish 3rd ? Whoopee. Finish 4th ? Who cares, Hearts have a snowball's chance of beating Celtic in the final anyway.

I hadn't even begun to consider it a 'big game'.....I was just looking forward to a bevvy in Edinburgh....but now the subject's been brought up by you Hibees, I'm allowing myself a wee tingle now and then.

So cheers for that :thumsup2

So it's important.. cheers for that. Try and and keep the sectarian chants to a minimum too. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

It was an important game because at that stage we were only 2 points behind the hvns and still within touching distance of the other ugly sister. There was plenty media talk of a title race which McInnes actually dismissed (and was subsequently proved absolutely right)

Just now, A96 said:

It was an important game because at that stage we were only 2 points behind the hvns and still within touching distance of the other ugly sister. There was plenty media talk of a title race which McInnes actually dismissed (and was subsequently proved absolutely right)

McInnes didn't think they would challenge for the league, genius.

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Self fulfilling prophecy imo. 

If he'd been all like "we're going to win the league! Heids first lads, INTAE THE c***s!" 

we would have won the league. Fact. 

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

He said there wasn’t a title race yet as it was still  too early , but that if there was still the same sort of gap among the top teams come April or May then you could say there was a title race. He also said that Celtic would be the strong favourites because of their greater resources........or at least that was the gist of what he said.

Edited by A96

Going to be another struggle with all our injury problems again - at least Shinnie is back but he didn't look right against Hearts. 

Wilson looks like he’s solved with wide area problem.

Two bonnie balls against the yams leading to both goals - if he’s out wide he’s less tempted to take the futile attempt to score worldies any time he gets the ball.

52 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Wonderful that your post about this entirely unimportant match - and chat about a game months ago - have not got the Dons fans ripping their knitting, no sirree

doctor.gif.9427916640b88691bc7a5ff9f6646291.gif

31 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Wilson looks like he’s solved with wide area problem.

Two bonnie balls against the yams leading to both goals - if he’s out wide he’s less tempted to take the futile attempt to score worldies any time he gets the ball.

FFS, only 12 year olds on Hibs.net use that term, at least call them cuntos?