Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

• 3 weeks later...

HEADING FOR THE BIG 150

2 wins all season, not won away from home since April last year.

Last season it was all about the kids, this season he has an experienced squad and we are still very poor. The man can talk the talk.

Whos to blame? as a fan base are we to accepting of failure? are the committee to naïve? and also to accepting of failure?

We are relegated if you go by the form we have produced all season I cant see us clawing back the points to stay up. Crowds are dwindling due to whats on show, to say the least it has been pretty pathetic. I cant remember the last time I enjoyed a game.

The stats say we have the worst manger in our history of our club yet we still stick by him as if we owe him something time for him to jump or be pushed from the ship and atleast give us a fighting chance next season or we could find ourselves following the same route as BRECHIN.

Hi I wonder if anyone could help me, my uncle Gordon Hamilton who was the player manager of your club in the early 80’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week suffered a heart attack. Does anyone have any memorabilia that they could share with me as the more we talk about his football career the more it helps. I’d really appreciate any help on this thanks, Gary

20 hours ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Hi I wonder if anyone could help me, my uncle Gordon Hamilton who was the player manager of your club in the early 80’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week suffered a heart attack. Does anyone have any memorabilia that they could share with me as the more we talk about his football career the more it helps. I’d really appreciate any help on this thanks, Gary

Shared onto stranraerfc supporters Facebook group

On 26/02/2020 at 10:06, 1870ToonBlue said:

HEADING FOR THE BIG 150

2 wins all season, not won away from home since April last year.

Last season it was all about the kids, this season he has an experienced squad and we are still very poor. The man can talk the talk.

Whos to blame? as a fan base are we to accepting of failure? are the committee to naïve? and also to accepting of failure?

We are relegated if you go by the form we have produced all season I cant see us clawing back the points to stay up. Crowds are dwindling due to whats on show, to say the least it has been pretty pathetic. I cant remember the last time I enjoyed a game.

The stats say we have the worst manger in our history of our club yet we still stick by him as if we owe him something time for him to jump or be pushed from the ship and atleast give us a fighting chance next season or we could find ourselves following the same route as BRECHIN.

The rug was pulled from beneath Fazs feet last season, losing backbone of his team, very poor player budget also ,to keep us up this year would be a success story, a bit of realism needed.

The stats say we have the worst manger in our history of our club yet we still stick by him as if we owe him something time for him to jump or be pushed from the ship and atleast give us a fighting chance next season or we could find ourselves following the same route as BRECHIN

Would like to see these stats...we had a lot worse managers in the 80’s and we were further down the league.

4 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

The rug was pulled from beneath Fazs feet last season, losing backbone of his team, very poor player budget also ,to keep us up this year would be a success story, a bit of realism needed.

The rug was pulled from his feet last season in losing who exactly??  A very poor player budget but we raved about the players brought in and players kept. The team he has at his disposal is one of experience and not short of quality and one of which he should have done better with, its not the KIDS that he had last season that kept us up. Your right realism is needed time to realise that there are other options available.

1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Would like to see these stats...we had a lot worse managers in the 80’s and we were further down the league.

http://www.fitbastats.com/stranraer/manager_records.php

If you can find anything that says hes not then point it out please and thanks

Without having the time to check it out I’d be fairly confident that the records of Neil Hood, Gordon Hamilton and Nobby Clark and possibly Davie Sneddon and John Clark are worse than anything we’ve seen in recent years.

Even if their records aren’t worse there can be no doubt that the “football” that was served up was more often than not... much worse. Or at least it felt like it.

The danger of comparing stats from different eras is that the assume that all the conditions, economics, finances of the club relative to others, league level, etc etc are the same. Which is quite clearly not the case.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Without having the time to check it out I’d be fairly confident that the records of Neil Hood, Gordon Hamilton and Nobby Clark and possibly Davie Sneddon and John Clark are worse than anything we’ve seen in recent years.

Even if their records aren’t worse there can be no doubt that the “football” that was served up was more often than not... much worse. Or at least it felt like it.

The danger of comparing stats from different eras is that the assume that all the conditions, economics, finances of the club relative to others, league level, etc etc are the same. Which is quite clearly not the case.

Maybe it did feel like it at the time but this season so far 2 wins out of 25 is unacceptable.

Clearly not the case but it is the reality that comparisons will be made and when compared the stats say he has been a poor appointment in my opinion and many others opinions. Unfortunately the powers that be have different ideas and visions for the way forward. I have accepted that League 2 will be our new home but a change is required or it will soon be the Lowland.

Statistics don’t take account of any context. It is not competent to rely on them solely to make a case whatever the debate.
For example, we went 28 games without a win under Sanny McAnespie and were truly terrible for that period (except a heroic defeat at a Celtic Park). That’s statistically worse but I doubt you’d be saying that Sanny was a poorer appointment or that the club should have made a change in 1988.

What ever way you paint it, our record is horrendous this season,  will now take something miraculous for us to stay up. 

Our position doesn't come as a surprise. The manager made it very clear at last seasons end of season do how difficult it will be for a few seasons yet given the financial constraints. 

Posted my reservations on here at the start of this campaign about the squad and my opinion hasn't changed much. 

I can't see what changing the manager at this stage would do. If we were going to get rid it had to be done before January to give us a fighting chance. 

With a poor budget and relegation looming would we be much of an attraction to any managers out there? 

You guys have 7 (seven) home matches left to play and only 4 away games.

You are clearly miles behind everyone in terms of crowds, finances, and crucially points.

Why dont for the last 7 homes games you try and bring a pal to the games with you.

Might not sound alot but if all 300 of you do it that's like having 8 home games.
Extra 300 x £14 = £4200 a game EXTRA.
4200 X 7 = £29,400 extra that the club clearly needs.

The fact that if you did that to your average attendance and it would put you on par with 2nd lowest in the league Montrose (challenging play offs) show how fine the margins are and how that extra money can help with an extra player or two during the season.

Someone saying crowds dwindling, if this is the case then the budget that they would have started the season for say 450 fans a game wouldn't cover the costs if only 347 is the average so costs need cut somewhere for that too.

Awful merry go round to be in but I think everyone in the league knew that yourselves would be massively struggling this year and potentially for a the next couple to recoup costs and save the club from dissappearing .

Just checked companies House and the club are a charity so can't see losses etc so can't comment on any of that.