Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

2 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Can anyone suggest who at the club, if anyone, it might be worth sharing any fundraising ideas with? 

Pretty much anyone on the committee will happily listen and take ideas on board - any one of Iain Dougan, Shaun Niven or Iain Robertson would be a good start. They all make themselves available so just send a message.

Not wanting to dampen spirits and it's great to have ideas, but from personal experience they also create work, so if you can follow them through that's even better.

Fundraising doesn't have to be done through the club, and IMO would even more effective if it was driven by fans, rather than the other way around.

8 hours ago, Moonball said:

Pretty much anyone on the committee will happily listen and take ideas on board - any one of Iain Dougan, Shaun Niven or Iain Robertson would be a good start. They all make themselves available so just send a message.

Not wanting to dampen spirits and it's great to have ideas, but from personal experience they also create work, so if you can follow them through that's even better.

Fundraising doesn't have to be done through the club, and IMO would even more effective if it was driven by fans, rather than the other way around.

Yes, I am aware of this and have ideas that I could take on myself. Just need to run them by people at the club to make sure that they are feasible.

I have tried emailing, a text, a Facebook message and now obviously I’ve asked on here but I can’t seem to get anyone.

If any of the people mentioned want to message me on here that would be great.

Edited by GallowayBlue

5 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Yes, I am aware of this and have ideas that I could take on myself. Just need to run them by people at the club to make sure that they are feasible.

I have tried emailing, a text, a Facebook message and now obviously I’ve asked on here but I can’t seem to get anyone.

https://www.facebook.com/stranraerfc

Not sure what's happened but if you drop the club FB page a private message, I'll give the chairman a heads up 👍

On 06/06/2020 at 10:00, GallowayBlue said:

Club guys will get lots of messages and are usually pretty busy, so have to sift through them. They'll get plenty of "advice" which is basically people talking pish, from guys who don't want to do any work themselves. . Stick with it if you are genuine. Actions do speak louder than words, as someone's said.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Took a run to Stranraer today and drove past the stadium. Whats happening with the main stand seats? More than half of them were taken out

Quite a few were rusted up or breaking having been in for decades, they're being replaced thanks to a grant and fans' donations.

Seats.jpg

34 minutes ago, Moonball said:

Quite a few were rusted up or breaking having been in for decades, they're being replaced thanks to a grant and fans' donations.

Seats.jpg

Ah right. I went down to a game last season as a neutral and sat in that part of the stand and honestly didn’t see anything wrong with the seats! Are yous selling off the old ones? Could probably earn a few quid 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ah right. I went down to a game last season as a neutral and sat in that part of the stand and honestly didn’t see anything wrong with the seats! Are yous selling off the old ones? Could probably earn a few quid 

I think most folk who attend regularly will tell you they've had a seat break while sitting in it! Makes for a good laugh but probably not ideal in terms of safety :D

Haven't heard anything about them going on sale but you could be right.

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

I think most folk who attend regularly will tell you they've had a seat break while sitting in it! Makes for a good laugh but probably not ideal in terms of safety :D

Haven't heard anything about them going on sale but you could be right.

When  I saw the seats were away I thought it was some “elevated safe standing” /Covid situation. Glad to hear it’s just repairs 😂

Edited by Thereisalight..

When  I saw the seats were away I thought it was some “elevated safe standing” /Covid situation. Glad to hear it’s just repairs [emoji23]

Approximately 900 new seats. The old ones taken out that are still serviceable are being used to repair some of the remaining old ones. More info

Great news tonight about Andy Stirling. If Faz can get him anywhere near back to his best we’ll be on to something. 

Slightly disappointed with the other news tonight regarding season tickets. 
£180 for 14 games compared to £215 for 18 last season. 
£12.85 per game compared to £11.94 a game on last seasons. 
Add in that general admission this season is cheaper than last it makes it even worse value. 
In addition to this we’re a league below last with a manager who could only muster two league wins. 

Around £8000 raised by supporters in recent months. It would of been nice to see a thank you reflected in the price of the season ticket.  

No doubt this comes across as me being very tight, for the record I’ll be stupid or loyal enough still to pay it.