Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

I see they’ve also signed Jordan Kirkpatrick and just been voted into a new 20 league with the big boys (with the money their spending they could be one of them).

I fully expect a number of departures from Stair Park in the coming weeks.

Difficult times what with L2 football next season and a low budget.

Hey ho keep believing fellow BLUES FANS.

Interesting times ahead that’s for sure.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

On 16/04/2020 at 08:27, bishopburn boy said:

Sadly that’s a sop to get the Dee on side , split to 3 leagues , so us and a couple others get whooshed into the bottom league , or even more likely 

we looked at it and decided we are ok as we are , so no change 

As predicted , no change , toon whooshed 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sad to see Stranraer relegated. I always enjoy an away day down there. I thought you would have done well “this” season. On paper you had a good squad and I thought you’d be nowhere near the relegation places

In my opinion we needed to be at full strength more often than not to survive. That wasn't possible due to injuries. Squad wasn't good enough in so many games. It was improving since new year though. That's why I'm disappointed we didn't get the chance to catch Forfar who were to be honest pretty horrific as well. All these crystal ball fans of other clubs who said we definitely wouldn't catch Forfar. How the feck do they know lol. Its been done before by Stranraer sides. Unlikely but not impossible with 6 at home and a game in hand. However its not to be so moving on..

Edited by Blue1870

In my opinion we needed to be at full strength more often than not to survive. That wasn't possible due to injuries. Squad wasn't good enough in so many games. It was improving since new year though. That's why I'm disappointed we didn't get the chance to catch Forfar who were to be honest pretty horrific as well. All these crystal ball fans of other clubs who said we definitely wouldn't catch Forfar. How the feck do they know lol. Its been done before by Stranraer sides. Unlikely but not impossible with 6 at home and a game in hand. However its not to be so moving on..
Since New Year, Stranraer had picked up 5 points from 8 games and still hadn't won a game in 2020 and had lost the last 3 in a row . Forfar picked up 6 points in 9 games so despite improving you still weren't catching up with them.

You would have had to pick up 15 to 20 points in the last 9 games to catch Forfar.

Since New Year, Stranraer had picked up 5 points from 8 games and still hadn't won a game in 2020 and had lost the last 3 in a row . Forfar picked up 6 points in 9 games so despite improving you still weren't catching up with them.

You would have had to pick up 15 to 20 points in the last 9 games to catch Forfar.

Which some of us think was attainable given performances in 2020 and that six of our remaining games were at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt we'll be signing players any time soon but the Daily Record (I know) has us down as signing Max Currie  - 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/max-currie-set-airdrie-transfer-22122339

Excellent young goalie who I've always been impressed with whenever I've seen him play against us. 

Best of luck for next season - whenever it is. 

I doubt we'll be signing players any time soon but the Daily Record (I know) has us down as signing Max Currie  - 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/max-currie-set-airdrie-transfer-22122339
Excellent young goalie who I've always been impressed with whenever I've seen him play against us. 
Best of luck for next season - whenever it is. 

It’s a pre contract. Don’t think there will be anything done until there’s a start date agreed.

Full time wages for part time football apparently.

Great keeper, deserves his move.

14 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

It’s a pre contract. Don’t think there will be anything done until there’s a start date agreed.

Full time wages for part time football apparently.

Great keeper, deserves his move.

Always been impressed whenever I've seen him against us. 

Not sure if we don’t need money to get through next season, the board have a plan in place or they’re not too worried?

I know that we have the Donate a Ticket option which has raised a reasonable amount, but it just seems like there is so much more that we could be doing to raise money to potentially ensure our club is able to compete next season.

I don’t know if I’m being a bit harsh, and maybe I’ve missed something, but some communication through an official channel about the position the club is in might help to focus efforts - if any effort is required.

Edited by GallowayBlue

On 03/06/2020 at 15:15, GallowayBlue said:

Not sure if we don’t need money to get through next season, the board have a plan in place or they’re not too worried?

I know that we have the Donate a Ticket option which has raised a reasonable amount, but it just seems like there is so much more that we could be doing to raise money to potentially ensure our club is able to compete next season.

I don’t know if I’m being a bit harsh, and maybe I’ve missed something, but some communication through an official channel about the position the club is in might help to focus efforts - if any effort is required.

Can anyone suggest who at the club, if anyone, it might be worth sharing any fundraising ideas with?