Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

7 hours ago, third lanark said:

Do Stranraer have a donation page set up?(looks like your in the same situation as us. Expulsion from your current division)

I was wondering this too. Some amazing amounts donated to other clubs, for example £27,500 to Stirling Albion, but I don't see anything on your club's Twitter. 

11 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

We have its on our official website, twitter and Facebook. Linked to whole match YouTube threads recently.

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1740-relive-donate-a-ticket

Thanks I’ve sent a donation this morning. All the best to Stranraer during these turbulent times

ive also put a link on a thread to do with the current situation on the Partick Thistle forum and hopefully you will get a couple other donations as well

Edited by third lanark

7 hours ago, BIGQ FAE KDY said:

You will be alright lads as I think there will be league reconstruction.Keep safe and keep the faith ^_^

Sadly that’s a sop to get the Dee on side , split to 3 leagues , so us and a couple others get whooshed into the bottom league , or even more likely 

we looked at it and decided we are ok as we are , so no change 

23 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Do you write all your own material?

It's more thoughtful than what he wrote on our forum - what a sad individual. 

Anyway here's hoping the Div1 clubs can garner enough votes to stave off the potential proposal to develop a structure that harms us financially.

Some recently very vocal Prem/Championship clubs may even vote with us but I doubt it. 

I notice there is a Stranraer Just Giving page but it's on £0 with a £25k target. Seems to have been on the go for almost a month. Can't find any recent mention of it on the club's Twitter, is that why it hasn't taken off? The donate a ticket thing seems to be a dead loss if junior sides like St Rochs have raised more.

20 hours ago, Owsley said:

I notice there is a Stranraer Just Giving page but it's on £0 with a £25k target. Seems to have been on the go for almost a month. Can't find any recent mention of it on the club's Twitter, is that why it hasn't taken off? The donate a ticket thing seems to be a dead loss if junior sides like St Rochs have raised more.

I think we are upto a grand. Not bad. Stranraer folk a bit slow on the up take of online stuff. Remember they just got the Internet there recently. I created the StranraerFCtv YouTube channel years ago and before that various websites. People still amazed some of the archived stuff is online.

https://donateaticket.com/donate/stranraer/

St Rochs are well supported and the heart of a big community related to celtic so no surprise there's is bigger.

Edited by Blue1870

Being a fan some 280 miles away I try my best to support the club,as best I can. I have recently purchased a donate a ticket site and also purchased a new shirt. Supporting a small team is a great thing certainly not in it for the glory. Hopefully the money from Ibrox will help the Blues get through this difficult period.

Ryan Thomson away to Darvel

Don’t think Thomson ever got to the level he showed against us when he was a Dunfermline player.
Some good games but not a player I was too excited about.
I know a lot of others really like him though.

20 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Don’t think Thomson ever got to the level he showed against us when he was a Dunfermline player.

Surely he is still under contract with SFC? 

Surely he is still under contract with SFC? 

Presumably he’s signed a pre-contract agreement.

There are suggestions elsewhere in P&B that Darvel are spraying around Championship level wages for next season. Who can blame him if he’s moving for a wage four or five teams what any part time SPFL side is able to offer.

21 hours ago, Mattmc said:

I thought we'd seen the best of him when he left last time. 

This time around, would have been an uphill struggle for him anyway,  as the overall performance

of the team has been mediocre to say the least.