Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

• 2 weeks later...
I see Leon Murphy has returned to us after his loan spell.

How did he get on with you guys?

Don’t think you’ll be seeing him anywhere near your first team.
Wasn’t awful but didn’t really excite either.
His one goal was a decent free kick.
Spent part of his time with us out injured.

On 11/01/2020 at 14:10, Mattmc said:

Don’t think you’ll be seeing him anywhere near your first team.
Wasn’t awful but didn’t really excite either.
His one goal was a decent free kick.
Spent part of his time with us out injured.

Quite talented needs a bit more playing time in league to mature, 

Good day folks, I have a logistics query I was hoping and would be most grateful if you can help with!

I am thinking of coming down to the game in a few weeks by train (from Glasgow). I did this journey once before and had no issues as the game got rained off after 30 minutes!

However, looking at the train times unless I make the 16:59, the next one is at 7pm and is longer too - mans I would likely not getting home until 10pm'ish which I am not sure is an option.

The questions are then:

1) is there a taxi company you would call reliable which i could organise to collect me from outside the away end?

2) Would leaving at 16:45 get me down to the station in time? (google says it is just a few minutes but that doesn't account for traffic/traffic lights etc.)

3) What to do about a carry out for the return train? Would like Fitba Bar put my supplies behind the bar for collection? And if so, would a total of 13 minutes  be enough time to get there, nip in and get the supplies and then get down to the station and on the train in time? (The other option I see here is having a carrier bag and stashing this somewhere near the ground if there are any green areas!?).

Any logistical help will be much appreciated as I really fancy the trip but just don't think I would be able to if it meant having to wait for the 7pm train. Cheers!

25 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Good day folks, I have a logistics query I was hoping and would be most grateful if you can help with!

I am thinking of coming down to the game in a few weeks by train (from Glasgow). I did this journey once before and had no issues as the game got rained off after 30 minutes!

However, looking at the train times unless I make the 16:59, the next one is at 7pm and is longer too - mans I would likely not getting home until 10pm'ish which I am not sure is an option.

The questions are then:

1) is there a taxi company you would call reliable which i could organise to collect me from outside the away end?

2) Would leaving at 16:45 get me down to the station in time? (google says it is just a few minutes but that doesn't account for traffic/traffic lights etc.)

3) What to do about a carry out for the return train? Would like Fitba Bar put my supplies behind the bar for collection? And if so, would a total of 13 minutes  be enough time to get there, nip in and get the supplies and then get down to the station and on the train in time? (The other option I see here is having a carrier bag and stashing this somewhere near the ground if there are any green areas!?).

Any logistical help will be much appreciated as I really fancy the trip but just don't think I would be able to if it meant having to wait for the 7pm train. Cheers!

Mate, we did this at the start of the last season there, had a taxi booked from a firm in the town for 1645. Made it with a few mins to spare.

Also bought the return journey carry out before the game and got the Stranraer office staff to hold onto it for us. Very obliging folk.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Mate, we did this at the start of the last season there, had a taxi booked from a firm in the town for 1645. Made it with a few mins to spare.

Also bought the return journey carry out before the game and got the Stranraer office staff to hold onto it for us. Very obliging folk.

Ah cheers renton, glad to hear it can be done. Did you phone ahead for putting the carry out in the office? I might have a bag which has work stuff and the like in ias well as the booze so if they would take a bag in that would be ideal! 

Just now, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Ah cheers renton, glad to hear it can be done. Did you phone ahead for putting the carry out in the office? I might have a bag which has work stuff and the like in ias well as the booze so if they would take a bag in that would be ideal! 

Nah, we just used our native charm when we arrived tbh

On 14/01/2020 at 18:05, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Would be great if they reopened the old "town! station and shut the harbour station, the old station was almost right behind the stand.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Robert Jones. What's the craic?

He looked like an Aly Dia style imposter when he arrived, see the Falkirk match thread for some (accurate) comments from Falkirk supporters. He was possibly just short of match fitness or not acclimatised to the level but as the season went on he improved.

At the start he hardly won anything in the air and what he did win bounced off him as if he was playing in defence for the opposition. He was winning a lot more in the air in his last few games but really should be winning everything especially when not challenged or impeded......he seems to mis-time his jumps some of the time. With Stranraer bringing in 3 forward players in the last few weeks I think he would have dropped down the pecking order a bit with less game time, so probably time to move on.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Looking at today’s bench I cannot understand why we allowed Smith (x2) and Jones to leave.

Div was a good player for us last season but has spent most of this season injured, Ian has been injured for most of his time at Stranraer and IMO didn't show enough when he did play.

Would have liked to see Jones stay but we have better options up top.

Johnstone, Stirling and Hamilton could all be back next week and there's another signing awaiting international clearance. Lewis McIntyre hasn't really put a foot wrong yet so may turn out to be a useful option too.

Edited by Moonball