Stranraer FC 2019-20 - heading for the big 150

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Is he any good?

He hasn’t played for us much but when he has he’s looked horrific. His highlight reel for us would mostly consist of him dribbling out the park. His second touch is always a tackle and he isn’t very good in the air for someone so big. 

On 29/12/2019 at 15:20, wee_bairn said:

He hasn’t played for us much but when he has he’s looked horrific. His highlight reel for us would mostly consist of him dribbling out the park. His second touch is always a tackle and he isn’t very good in the air for someone so big. 

Decent player then

He was done for Annan a few seasons ago. I look forward to him scoring on Saturday now.

He was done when he played with us in his second spell. Scored a few bangers but couldn’t run the length of himself. Definitely not the player you need when you’re trying to stay up.

19 hours ago, placidcasual said:
22 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
You've signed Ryan Stevenson from Troon

http://troonfootballclub.co.uk/ryan-stevenson-joins-stranraer/

Have watched him waddling about for Troon a couple of time this season. He is beyond done and a bizarre signing.

19 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

He was done for Annan a few seasons ago. I look forward to him scoring on Saturday now.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was done when he played with us in his second spell. Scored a few bangers but couldn’t run the length of himself. Definitely not the player you need when you’re trying to stay up.

Sounds encouraging.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Stevenson is a really strange signing. He was utterly finished for us, and that was now a full 3 years ago.

Beginning to wonder if it's the same Stevenson... If so, I've seen him a few times playing for Troon and he wasn't very good.

Maybe Stranraer have signed him up for some sort of coaching role ?

Beginning to wonder if it's the same Stevenson... If so, I've seen him a few times playing for Troon and he wasn't very good.

Maybe Stranraer have signed him up for some sort of coaching role ?

Stevenson is good friends with our captain and the assistant manager. That’s probably helped bring the move.

Although if that’s the way we operate there not much point in having Stuart Wild as chief scout.

If Stevenson has been brought in as an additional coach we’ll end up having as many coaches as players.

Denny Johnstone has joined on loan until the end of the season.
He came on in a game a few weeks ago and was utterly abysmal. I saw him in a betfred cup game away to Berwick and he played pretty well I thought. Was strong, won headers and linked the play well. Very slow though.

MacKinnon told us when he signed he would be a big player for us this season. Make of that what you will.

He came on in a game a few weeks ago and was utterly abysmal. I saw him in a betfred cup game away to Berwick and he played pretty well I thought. Was strong, won headers and linked the play well. Very slow though.

MacKinnon told us when he signed he would be a big player for us this season. Make of that what you will.
V Berwick. Is probably not a great game to assess tbf[emoji2960]