Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There was a Cowdenbeath Juniors - and in 1900s Cowdenbeath Athletic Juniors who were linked to the senior club

Ok. Interesting to note juniors isn't added on at the end in the table's i saw, tho it was for other clubs.  A few clubs also seem to have used athletic as a 2nd team name, quirk of history i guess.

There is no chance of Berwick turning it round.  Their lack of confidence was clear to see on Saturday and there genuinely didn't look to be too many players who were giving their all.

When Cowden were in the play-offs we turned it into a battle and every player worked as hard as they could.  Some even apparently tripped goalkeepers up off the ball.  It was men v boys in Cove and I'll be stunned if Cove don't win 3 or 4 nil again.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst technically true that makes it sound a lot nicer and more innocent than what went down.

Fully agree. It was a disgusting affair. I thought Sevco were going to do something similar but then the football authorities pretended that they hadn't died.

Plenty ex-Scottish League sides or their phoenix's in southern pyramid. East Stirlingshire. Gretna. Bo'ness. Leith. Peebles. Mid Annandale. Nithsdale.

Edinburgh City made it back... it only took 60yrs...
Edinburgh City were involved in a shameless takeover of Postal United. All joking aside, do the current EC have any link to the original club?

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:
Plenty ex-Scottish League sides or their phoenix's in southern pyramid. East Stirlingshire. Gretna. Bo'ness. Leith. Peebles. Mid Annandale. Nithsdale.

Edinburgh City made it back... it only took 60yrs...

Edinburgh City were involved in a shameless takeover of Postal United. All joking aside, do the current EC have any link to the original club?

The old social club which was in Baxter Place. In 1986 the folk from Postal United asked the social club which had kept the name going, to use the Edinburgh City name.

Could it just be that they're......much, much worse than all the other teams in the league? And indeed Cove Rangers?  Not sure how a hypnotist can make them better footballers.  Maybe he could make them all think they're Lionel Messi I suppose.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Could it just be that they're......much, much worse than all the other teams in the league? And indeed Cove Rangers?  Not sure how a hypnotist can make them better footballers.  Maybe he could make them all think they're Lionel Messi I suppose.

Might actually make them work hard on the pitch as on Saturday they were out-played and out-fought.  I'd have been able to score against their defence.

The biggest thing Brownlie noticed when he took 1st training session was how poor their fitness levels are.

Has anybody any idea if this managerial pair are here for next season? If not who will drive recruitment? This should be starting now or we’ll end up in the all too familiar situation of getting the arse end of the pick.

The biggest thing Brownlie noticed when he took 1st training session was how poor their fitness levels are.

As I’ve said earlier, at that level of football, the fitness levels of players boils down to more than just the stuff that happens at training. Players need to take a lot of responsibility too.

10 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Hearing that Berwick brought in a hypnotist to their training session tonight to try and combat the chronic confidence issues within the squad. Probably be as well playing him. 

It's an arsonist we need not a hypnotist.

Due to playing in the League Cup groupstage, the first competitive game back is on July 13th i.e. 8 weeks away. Even if you'd write that off as pre-season matches, LL starts on July 27th i.e. 10 weeks away. So it's not a long period of time especially if a new management team would be needed. Presumably the retained players would be back after about 4 weeks for around another 4 weeks of pre-season (perhaps couple of weeks of fitness/couple of weeks of friendlies).

Worst case scenario could be taking a few weeks to find management then a few weeks to find players.

On 14/05/2019 at 08:16, TheScarf said:

Not sure how a hypnotist can make them better footballers.  Maybe he could make them all think they're Lionel Messi I suppose.

Why not try the John Lambie approach.......................batter their heids together in the dressing room just before kick-off until they've all got concussion, and then send them out telling each of them they're Pelé, or in the 'keeper's case Gordon Banks perhaps?

5 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Why not try the John Lambie approach.......................batter their heids together in the dressing room just before kick-off until they've all got concussion, and then send them out telling each of them they're Pelé, or in the 'keeper's case Gordon Banks perhaps?

Before his car accident, of course.