• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
mid-table

Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

Just as well they didn’t lose. They’d have trashed the place. Again!
To be fair how could you tell if central park had been trashed?

Last time Cove wrecked up Central Park they caused ten grand worth of improvement.

14 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:
17 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Just as well they didn’t lose. They’d have trashed the place. Again!

To be fair how could you tell if central park had been trashed?

Did you think that one up yourself?

Sair wan for Berwick. Feel for them. Always came across as a decent club.

However I'm 100% in favour of the pyramid (indeed, like many other, I'd make the bottom placed League 2 go down automatically).

So for me it's welcome Cove and commiserations Berwick.

Myself and @Stellaboz once took in a game at Allan Park. Was decent and the social club was excellent. Hopefully Pars will get a visit to the new ground soon so I can tick it off.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sair wan for Berwick. Feel for them. Always came across as a decent club.

However I'm 100% in favour of the pyramid (indeed, like many other, I'd make the bottom placed League 2 go down automatically).

So for me it's welcome Cove and commiserations Berwick.

Myself and @Stellaboz once took in a game at Allan Park. Was decent and the social club was excellent. Hopefully Pars will get a visit to the new ground soon so I can tick it off.

Code for tough titty Englanders

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Code for tough titty Englanders

That's a tad harsh. I wish them no ill will.

Allan Park was tremendous, I really hope that the new ground isn't too far for most locals to take a jaunt up to, or the lack of  pubs in the vicinity. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Last time Cove wrecked up Central Park they caused ten grand worth of improvement.

Would still have Central Park than a soulless piece of ground in the middle of an industrial estate in the middle of no where.

At least punters can walk to the pubs and shops and spend some cash in the town. What do Cove bring to the community? In fact where is the Cove community? The club just seem to label themselves as Aberdeen’s new team, is there a Cove or anywhere else they have an affinity with ? 

Just seems a strange set up to me, a football club for the benefit of its owners and no one else.

12 hours ago, mo83 said:
16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
They have investment ready from oil men and Paul Hartley to come in as manager. I expect them to challenge for top spot. 
Would be nice if they could act with a bit decorum this time round tho.

Surely the Management team can't get punted and Paul Hartley take over?

The manager is John Sheran, his assistant has been taking the team after his heart attack.

But only for matches, Paul Hartley has been at training and did the Berwick analysis of their games in advance of the play off.

He is also Sherans  son in law and his partner is the head of communications at Aberdeen.

Hartley is to come in with Sherans blessing as docs have told him to pack it in. Aberdeen connection will see loan players from them so everyone happy.

Mathieson  will revert to his position as assistant manager.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Allan Park was tremendous, I really hope that the new ground isn't too far for most locals to take a jaunt up to, or the lack of  pubs in the vicinity. 

Only way you’ll get there is driving. Get yourself an overpriced Barrett house on the site of Allan Park to really remember it. 

11 hours ago, Hallowed Turf said:

That first goal was never over the line.

We were robbed. 

On 19/05/2019 at 07:57, Stellaboz said:

Given the new ground is a mile away from the old one, on the edge of Cove Bay itself and across from Kincorth, there's a reasonable catchment area.