Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sair wan for Berwick. Feel for them. Always came across as a decent club.

However I'm 100% in favour of the pyramid (indeed, like many other, I'd make the bottom placed League 2 go down automatically).

So for me it's welcome Cove and commiserations Berwick.

Myself and @Stellaboz once took in a game at Allan Park. Was decent and the social club was excellent. Hopefully Pars will get a visit to the new ground soon so I can tick it off.

Code for tough titty Englanders

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Last time Cove wrecked up Central Park they caused ten grand worth of improvement.

Would still have Central Park than a soulless piece of ground in the middle of an industrial estate in the middle of no where.

At least punters can walk to the pubs and shops and spend some cash in the town. What do Cove bring to the community? In fact where is the Cove community? The club just seem to label themselves as Aberdeen’s new team, is there a Cove or anywhere else they have an affinity with ? 

Just seems a strange set up to me, a football club for the benefit of its owners and no one else.

12 hours ago, mo83 said:
16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
They have investment ready from oil men and Paul Hartley to come in as manager. I expect them to challenge for top spot. 
Would be nice if they could act with a bit decorum this time round tho.

Surely the Management team can't get punted and Paul Hartley take over?

The manager is John Sheran, his assistant has been taking the team after his heart attack.

But only for matches, Paul Hartley has been at training and did the Berwick analysis of their games in advance of the play off.

He is also Sherans  son in law and his partner is the head of communications at Aberdeen.

Hartley is to come in with Sherans blessing as docs have told him to pack it in. Aberdeen connection will see loan players from them so everyone happy.

Mathieson  will revert to his position as assistant manager.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Allan Park was tremendous, I really hope that the new ground isn't too far for most locals to take a jaunt up to, or the lack of  pubs in the vicinity. 

Only way you’ll get there is driving. Get yourself an overpriced Barrett house on the site of Allan Park to really remember it. 

On 19/05/2019 at 07:57, Stellaboz said:

Allan Park was tremendous, I really hope that the new ground isn't too far for most locals to take a jaunt up to, or the lack of  pubs in the vicinity. 

Given the new ground is a mile away from the old one, on the edge of Cove Bay itself and across from Kincorth, there's a reasonable catchment area.