Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

End of an era with Berwick going down but unfortunately the club have only themselves to blame for an absolutely shambolic few months. Anybody watching the Harvey interviews knew where this was going. 

Congratulations to Cove. 

5 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SHIRE NO LONGER THE ONLY CLUB KICKED OUT THE TOP 4 SCOTTISH LEAGUES BY RELEGATION :P LLD LEAGUE IS MORE FUN ! U STILL HAVE TO TRAVEL TO BROADWOOD THOUGH TO PLAY THE COLTS & THE HELL HOLE THAT IS CUMBERNAULD FOR  DRINKING PURPOSES :thumbsdown

2EB3B88E-587A-4265-BB6A-0D1AF888CD0D.gif

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As mentioned I don't see Cove or their supporters very often but looking at the photos it looks as if that could have turned a bit nasty. Do they still have some sort of presentation on the park to the winners at the end of the game, if some incursion on to the pitch should have been planned for & either stopped or controlled to avoid confrontation, seem to remember East Fife winning the final against us at Balmoor & the presentation was done on the field near the touchline where their support was housed & they were able to enjoy it without any bother. I have always enjoyed trips to Berwick as I usually either stayed overnight either in town or just outside, looking at the photos I kind of hope the young Berwick lads in the Ducket at the end were the same ones that shouted abuse at Nicky Riley one Tuesday night when he was obviously badly injured and carried off (ended up out for over a year) so would wish the club well but if those shouting that night still go to games then tough 

It wasn't anything too serious. There was a "Playoff Winners" photo board put up in front of the away section of the main stand. When the players came over perhaps 50 Cove fans rushed on, jumping the hoardings, and eventually a couple of hundred joined celebrations on the pitch. Few dozen Berwick fans had stayed in the Ducket: not sure why, perhaps to protest. They chanted some anti-Cove phrases and a few dozen Cove fans ran across the park to confront them. They couldn't - and probably didn't want to - scale the hoardings and were eventually ushered away. Granted had they done so only a few stewards were present. Pictures possibly make it look worse - and both supports were to "blame".

Incidentally there were *FIVE* vans of police (4 regular + 1 riot) present... parked-up outside enjoying the radio...

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

He’s been blocking folk all afternoon for telling him he’s talking out of his hoop. Then deleted his tweet in a sulk. :lol:

He blocked me ages ago for blasting him over a rant accusing others of supporting UKIP and other far right parties and being unable to prove/ show evidence of these allegations :)

Thankfully these images where retweeted and appeared on my timeline by another user.  

Edited by CaspianChris

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
They're maybe away to think again...

Genuinely mean it as a shame. Hate to see teams like Berwick and East Stirling disappear into obscurity. Part of my football growing up I guess.

At least now with the pyramid in place they have a chance to regain a league place, it appears to be hard to achieve but providing the clubs going down have not completely buried themselves with a cash handout can either go for a immediate  return or rebuild. Unfortunately it looks like Berwick could struggle financially & player wise to make that quick return