Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

To be fair to the feckers, like Salford City, they've splashed the cash and known their intention of league football for some time.... and after last season's capitulation against a Cowdenbeath side only marginally better than Berwick but who managed to ruffle Cove more than their Rangers namesakes, they are where their infrastructure and expenditure over the last few years has dictated they should be.

For what it's worth, I think Cove will be pushing the top four next season with the money behind them and first season syndrome of being on a roll from this year, and will probably end up in League One within a few years at most. That's if they rid themselves of the self-righteous, mardy attitude they've become synonymous with, and get rid of the jumped-up manager whilst they can, and bringing in a fella knowledgeable of the league and happy to splash the inevitable cash that will be coming their way.

In the meantime, I reckon a reformed Berwick will be playing in some lowly northern English non-league division within five years - forever lost to Scottish football - whilst Cove will become a not-so-quite new Gretna, without going bust but suddenly drifting back towards obscurity once the novelty of a few promotions/promotion pushes has worn off and the oil well and interest has run dry.

You heard it here first.

(This post was brought to you by Pisstake Peg and her crystal balls)

To be fair to the feckers, like Salford City, they've splashed the cash and known their intention of league football for some time.... and after last season's capitulation against a Cowdenbeath side only marginally better than Berwick but who managed to ruffle Cove more than their Rangers namesakes, they are where their infrastructure and expenditure over the last few years has dictated they should be.
For what it's worth, I think Cove will be pushing the top four next season with the money behind them and first season syndrome of being on a roll from this year, and will probably end up in League One within a few years at most. That's if they rid themselves of the self-righteous, mardy attitude they've become synonymous with, and get rid of the jumped-up manager whilst they can, and bringing in a fella knowledgeable of the league and happy to splash the inevitable cash that will be coming their way.
In the meantime, I reckon a reformed Berwick will be playing in some lowly northern English non-league division within five years - forever lost to Scottish football - whilst Cove will become a not-so-quite new Gretna, without going bust but suddenly drifting back towards obscurity once the novelty of a few promotions/promotion pushes has worn off and the oil well and interest has run dry.
You heard it here first.
(This post was brought to you by Pisstake Peg and her crystal balls)

Cove stuff probably fair, I doubt they’ll be good enough to title challenge, play-offs would be a good season for them, it all depends on how well they adapt to not being the big fish, if they want to be promotion contenders then they will need to keep the head better in tighter games. If they don’t learn to control emotion and use a bit more nouse to get points from the harder games then they won’t achieve what they would like to do.

Still see no reason for Berwick to look to England, All they have ever known is Scottish football. Going into English non-league would be a desperate stab in the dark at best. Even their next door neighbour in tweedmouth have elected to play in Scotland.

Well done to Cove good to see some movement from the HFL via the pyramid. Everybody seems to think because they are from Aberdeen that oil companies throw money at them I don't think that is the case but like most folk on here don't know the clubs business. After being along to the first game don't think they can be faulted as they enter League 2 with a good modern stadium, a decent squad of players & have a chance to maybe increase their support with a new challenge. It will be interesting to see how they settle in to playing new sides most weeks/

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Well done to Cove good to see some movement from the HFL via the pyramid. Everybody seems to think because they are from Aberdeen that oil companies throw money at them I don't think that is the case but like most folk on here don't know the clubs business. After being along to the first game don't think they can be faulted as they enter League 2 with a good modern stadium, a decent squad of players & have a chance to maybe increase their support with a new challenge. It will be interesting to see how they settle in to playing new sides most weeks/

So why are they such arrogant wankers.?

39 minutes ago, mid-table said:

Can only repeat what everyone else says, that wasn’t competitive in the slightest, embarrassing to lose like that without Cove really trying much.
The complete silence in the Ducket at full time was more than a touch eerie.

That silence was weird 

25 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Dodgy Russian linesman but it mattered not a jot, 7-0 over two legs.

Congratulations to Cove.

Goalline.png

Spoke to two Berwick lads level with it and it was 100% over the line 

I was level with it and thought it was over the line. Correct decision. Also agreed with the red card.

Overall, it was disappointing to see Berwick go down with a whimper. They sat off from the start and let Cove dictate. I thought Ouzy See up front put in a decent shift but he was isolated for most of the game. The rest were pretty poor and if anything 3-0 flattered Berwick. It should have been more.

I’m sure Cove we’re evens today, fkn gutted I missed out on that price

Free money , Cove were around evens before kick off. Lovely jubbly and so obvious. 

Never seen a bigger cert at that price.

they were evens at start of week but best price with regular books pre kick-off (according to oddschecker) was 8/11 and 1.8 on betfair

12 to 5!!!

Absolute madness_20190518_175817.thumb.JPG.7b9266517d06d53d1ea7a2cb4f06f873.JPG

ETa: and 2 weeks in a row as well!!!

Well there it is now. Sad sad day.

Few people in the stand getting upset at FT but for the most part everyone just resigned to it. At least it didn't come as a shock as it was all over last Saturday.

Once again it should've finished worse than 0-3 but Goodfellow produced a few good saves, they hit the woodwork a couple of times and missed a couple of sitters. By end a goal was our only aim but the players couldn't even manage that. Cove strolled along throughout. Bit embarrassing to have to award MotM to a Berwick player. Ouzy tried hard but seriously...

Going by the chairman's interview on Sky Sports the plan is to spend money from the League and Challenge cups and parachute on coming straight back up. That'll require a new team and is a bit of a gamble if it doesn't work. Few of our fans seem to think we can bounce back, certainly. Few dozen stayed in the Ducket after FT perhaps to protest.

Disappointed there was nothing from the club or board in today's programme: about the current situation or saying thanks to fans for sticking by the team over the season. Just the managers preview. It was hardly for lack of space... there was a chunk welcoming SFA & SPFL dignitaries to the game. Hopefully something official is said in coming days.

Out of the Scottish League after 68yrs and with a whimper. Sigh :(.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

So why are they such arrogant wankers.?

I obviously just see them now and then mainly the odd game against Formartine or Inverurie over the years they tend to have had the upper hand against these & being confident may upset some & being HFL top dogs over a period of time leads to folk hoping they fail. The Cowdenbeath thing seems more important to them than Cove things obviously got out of hand then but both sides need to get over it. The perceived  arrogance  would you claim the likes of Man City, Barcelona or Celtic teams that tend to dominate the leagues they are in are arrogant wankers or just good at the level they play at. Don't expect John Sheran to be in charge in the coming season & while wishing him a full return to health I would say he does spit the dummy if things are not going his way.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Well there it is now. Sad sad day.

Few people in the stand getting upset at FT but for the most part everyone just resigned to it. At least it didn't come as a shock as it was all over last Saturday.

Once again it should've finished worse than 0-3 but Goodfellow produced a few good saves, they hit the woodwork a couple of times and missed a couple of sitters. By end a goal was our only aim but the players couldn't even manage that. Cove strolled along throughout. Bit embarrassing to have to award MotM to a Berwick player. Ouzy tried hard but seriously...

Going by the chairman's interview on Sky Sports the plan is to spend money from the League and Challenge cups and parachute on coming straight back up. That'll require a new team and is a bit of a gamble if it doesn't work. Few of our fans seem to think we can bounce back, certainly. Few dozen stayed in the Ducket after FT perhaps to protest.

Disappointed there was nothing from the club or board in today's programme: about the current situation or saying thanks to fans for sticking by the team over the season. Just the managers preview. It was hardly for lack of space... there was a chunk welcoming SFA & SPFL dignitaries to the game. Hopefully something official is said in coming days.

Out of the Scottish League after 68yrs and with a whimper. Sigh :(.

I assume that Berwick will be going into the LL, I have seen talk of going into English North non league or such.  Admittedly I am not overly familiar with Berwicks situation and never saw the interview.  

It would be a shame to lose Berwick permanently :bairn.

I obviously just see them now and then mainly the odd game against Formartine or Inverurie over the years they tend to have had the upper hand against these & being confident may upset some & being HFL top dogs over a period of time leads to folk hoping they fail. The Cowdenbeath thing seems more important to them than Cove things obviously got out of hand then but both sides need to get over it. The perceived  arrogance  would you claim the likes of Man City, Barcelona or Celtic teams that tend to dominate the leagues they are in are arrogant wankers or just good at the level they play at. Don't expect John Sheran to be in charge in the coming season & while wishing him a full return to health I would say he does spit the dummy if things are not going his way.

It was Cove that accused officialdom of cheating. They lost the plot when they were eventually losing. Cowdenbeath don’t see it as important at all.

Edit to add. We are just amazed at the absurdity of it. That’s all.

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

The perceived  arrogance  would you claim the likes of Man City, Barcelona or Celtic teams that tend to dominate the leagues they are in are arrogant wankers or just good at the level they play at.

Celtic whine like little girls when they don't get their own way, even when it doesn't affect them. Look at their reaction to the SFA taking no further action against Jon Flanagan after the clash with Scott Brown - who was trying to get a Rangers player sent off for the third time in two games.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

I assume that Berwick will be going into the LL, I have seen talk of going into English North non league or such.  Admittedly I am not overly familiar with Berwicks situation and never saw the interview.  

It would be a shame to lose Berwick permanently :bairn.

LL.

Personally don't see how joining English system way down could ever be more desirable. We'd be a small fish in huge pond and no FA Cup etc. Plus plenty Berwick fans are Scottish.

In chairman's clip on Sky Sports it's asked. He said it would "require a lot of thought"/similar - citing 100yrs, distances, etc.

As mentioned I don't see Cove or their supporters very often but looking at the photos it looks as if that could have turned a bit nasty. Do they still have some sort of presentation on the park to the winners at the end of the game, if some incursion on to the pitch should have been planned for & either stopped or controlled to avoid confrontation, seem to remember East Fife winning the final against us at Balmoor & the presentation was done on the field near the touchline where their support was housed & they were able to enjoy it without any bother. I have always enjoyed trips to Berwick as I usually either stayed overnight either in town or just outside, looking at the photos I kind of hope the young Berwick lads in the Ducket at the end were the same ones that shouted abuse at Nicky Riley one Tuesday night when he was obviously badly injured and carried off (ended up out for over a year) so would wish the club well but if those shouting that night still go to games then tough