Play-off 2nd leg 18th May; Berwick (0) v Cove (4)

2 hours ago, PELE said:

You never know. A quick goal, then a flukey second, then a sending off for Cove as they give away a penalty and it could be 3-0 after say, just 15 minutes.

If the game was played 50 times, it might only be a big Berwick win in 1 out of the 50, but this might just be that 1.

Anything can happen and coming back from 4-0 is far from impossible. All Berwick can do is attack at all costs. Everything might go right on the day,  Cove might get a few sent off. They might lose a few key players to injury. Who knows. You just have to go for it 100% and if you are clinical at finishing on the day, you can do it.

Cove will score 1 or 2

On the basis of yesterday's highlights Cove look well-equipped to pick Berwick off on the break, even without needing the win I can still see Cove dishing out a proper bleaching on Saturday. 

Just watched the highlights. Was basically shooting in. Berwick deserve to go.

Dont get much for 4.2 million these days( think this is how much stadium cost) unless the main stand is impressive as can’t see it from footage.

the pitch is shit.

never seem so many advertising boards, they are everywhere. Must get a lot of business investment up there,not bad for some.

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

In the entire history of playoffs in the Scottish league system - only 4 times has any team overturned a first leg deficit of more than 1 goal:

Final for SFL2 in 2011-12: Stranraer came back from 0-2 down against Albion Rovers... SF for SFL1(Championship) in 2012-13: Dunfermline came back from 1-3 down against Forfar... Final for Premiership in 2013-14: Hamilton came back from 0-2 down against Hibs... Final for Championship in 2014-15: Alloa came back from 1-3 down against Forfar.

It has never been done from 3 goals down nevermind 4 goals so I feel we can safely exclude that possibility even before considering our utter abjectness :(. We crashed 4-0 to Alloa in Final for SFL2 in 2005-06, won the return, but only 2-1.

Going by today's game you should be safer looking for the record aggregate victory (Kelty 10-0 Threave) to be challenged. In practice I'm sure Cove wouldn't bother enough, but they could easily have won by 5 or 6 or 7 today.

Alloa were also once 5-2 up on aggregate at Clyde with little over half an hour left of the 2nd leg. We lost 6-5. Collapses do happen, but sadly this current Berwick side don't appear to have any fight (or ability) in them at all.

I feel bad for the Berwick fans, who I couldn't blame too much for hating us in the post-Hendrie years. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if Cove come up they'll be the 2nd ex-junior to play in SFL/SPFL after Annan Athletic. Annan played in the Dumfries & District Amateur Junior League in their early days til the league folded in 1951 & Cove had a single season in North Regional Junior League prior to joining the Highland League in 1986.

If you go back long enough certainly you’ll find a few more, particularly before things settled down eventually when the central league merged with the SFL in the 20s. Clubs dodged about numerous leagues in the early days. IIRC we had a couple of seasons junior between our sfl stints.

Clydebank

Did Cowdenbeath not play junior briefly around the same time. Perhaps these were reserve sides?

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I thought he was talking about current sides also forgot about Clydebank just shows what happens when you leave the SPFL, people just forget about you.

Clydebank are still in the SPFL. They were renamed Airdrie United.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If you go back long enough certainly you’ll find a few more, particularly before things settled down eventually when the central league merged with the SFL in the 20s. Clubs dodged about numerous leagues in the early days. IIRC we had a couple of seasons junior between our sfl stints.

Did Cowdenbeath not play junior briefly around the same time. Perhaps these were reserve sides?

No Cowdenbeath have always been a senior team