12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Harkes was much improved from the first leg and looked like the player he was at the start of him joining. Bouhenna absolutely strolled it on midfield. I'd rather see him there than defense and I think he's half decent CB. 

Connolly needs to sort his head out, he needs to focus more during matches and stop going headless chicken. 

I was very impressed by Harkes tonight. Big improvement on his performance from the first leg. Bouhenna looked just decent tonight, he had some great touches and interceptions at points although he was frequently careless with his passing. But, given I was worried about the absence of Butcher after he missed the cup game at Tannadice against ICT, Bouhenna did a more than capable job filling in.  I was fearing a lot worse tbh.

Incidentally, fair play to Robertson in his interview and at the end of the game shaking hands with our team an coaching staff. I understand referees may have to stick to the rules and may have to report him for coming back to the pitch, but any disciplinary panel can see that he wasn't out of control or being aggressive. His behaviour was pretty magnanimous and if I was in his shoes after the decisions that went our way these two games then I'd be behaving in far, far pettier fashion

Great second half performance tonight though I would never have guessed a 3-0 scoreline at the 40 minute mark.

Some outstanding individual contributions particularly Seigrist and Bouhenna who should keep his place for the final first leg at least.  Can’t understand Harkes getting MotM but hey ho.

Delighted by the result and the commitment of the players; a tough two games ahead of us now.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting Sutton suggesting the neutrals want united back up. I do reckon the top 6 of the spl probably do due to the bigger away crowds and tannadice has always been seen as a bigger away day than dens.

Don’t think bottom 6 of spl would be overly fussed

Always much preferred an away day at Dens compared  with Tannadice though the pre match pubs are the same.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Best guess the sponsors were American... and drunk. Very, very drunk.

I thought he had a decent game, particularly in the second half, but Bouhenna and Seigrist were outstanding.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t understand Harkes getting MotM but hey ho.

I heard that announcement and as low as my mood is at the moment, at least I will wake up in the morning without a dundonian accent.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I heard that announcement and as low as my mood is at the moment, at least I will wake up in the morning without a dundonian accent.

You’ll probably wake up in the highlands. 

That is easily 10 times worse.

I always enjoy reading these threads after a game. So much knee jerk nonsense spouted early on. Contrary to popular opinion I thought Robertson was talking a lot of shite. I haven't seen replays of the penalty but it looked quite clear cut at the game. Even if harsh that was the only significant decision which went against Caley over 180 minutes in which they were pumped 4-0. 

On the second occasion Clark hit the post it looked to me before he struck the ball that the angle was too tight to get it in. Needless to say ...

Edited by Pull My Strings

Crown were immense tonight. Long time since I’ve hear Beautiful Sunday being still being sung as I’ve walked up the road.

Could have been so different if it hadn’t been for Seigrist, Cally had the better chance right up until the penalty. Thought Sow was pretty decent holding the ball up, and was delighted when he scored. Pav is Pav, top player.

Definitely the underdogs in the next games, I dread getting Hamilton.

2 hours ago, micaley68 said:

Oh that's ok then, for a minute I thought you were talking about someone relevant to the two Edinburgh clubs.

But I suppose at the end of the day Hibs aren't relevant, so you just fire on chief.

Spoiler

GOC.png.8dbfa41eec44cf60305591223fda3ac2.png

Small team in a two team city type post imo. ^^^^^

Spoiler

GOC.gif.49b6e5ef584be6f4101a458ba8f3fc5c.gif

Not denying the small team moniker then??

Spoiler

5cdf366403ab2_GOC2.gif.f5d645761f2113acf168584b8fdafdfa.gif

Accepting mediocrity then??

Honestly behind the Jambos? Natural order right enough then.

Spoiler

5cdf367d4f9a4_GOC3.gif.344f0d7195de74d1e046cf1a43f1ee84.gif

1 hour ago, micaley68 said:

Yeah, that's the slayer of the Hibs I was talking about.

Cheers for posting.

What was it again 27 goals?

Or every fucking time he played against you?

Spoiler

reddies.gif.5a2fba5443d139d72aa1fe26b8eca236.gif

Just like in Shakespeare, your tragedy was in five acts.

If you wish to discuss this further, we can set up a thread for the next time Hibs and Caley meet on the Premiership Domestic Cups forum.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting Sutton suggesting the neutrals want united back up. I do reckon the top 6 of the spl probably do due to the bigger away crowds and tannadice has always been seen as a bigger away day than dens.

Don’t think bottom 6 of spl would be overly fussed

Elaborate on this statement please.

Thank you. 

The penalty was harsh and very unlucky, but I can see why it was given. With the deflection it was clearly unintentional but nearly every handball decision is, despite the laws of the game saying it has to be deliberate. If the ball had hit the defender's hand directly without a deflection, it would still be just as accidental but I suspect many would say a penalty was fair, if unlucky. 

Not seen a replay of the penalty United were given, nor one of Safranko's booking when the game was safely won.

But at the time I thought it was a red card, and a daft challenge from a player who had no need to make it.

Also, throughout the season I've been very critical of Siegrist, so it's only right that I should praise his efforts tonight.

9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not seen a replay of the penalty United were given, nor one of Safranko's booking when the game was safely won.

But at the time I thought it was a red card, and a daft challenge from a player who had no need to make it.

Also, throughout the season I've been very critical of Siegrist, so it's only right that I should praise his efforts tonight.

I only saw the first half but United keeper was excellent tonight.