2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers as I never knew about season tickets.

I’ve always assumed Dundee were the better supported of the 2 clubs. I’m only basing it on average attendances mind you. Not boycotts etc.

So your assumption is based on facts that prove the opposite is true?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers. Your crowds are very consistent from 1999 until a big drop off this season.

I take it there is no trust in the owner from the USA ??

There is, this season's average hit by the Laszlo effect. Was an upturn once Ogren came in and the new signings in January.

Apart from a couple of games, there certainly more 2nd half of the season.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

There is, this season's average hit by the Laszlo effect. Was an upturn once Ogren came in and the new signings in January.

Apart from a couple of games, there certainly more 2nd half of the season.

Fair enough. Wish you well in the playoff final. I fancy you to have enough over 2 legs.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough. Wish you well in the playoff final. I fancy you to have enough over 2 legs.

Cheers. Hopefully we do,  I hope in the next games we can play without the nervousness we seemed to show in the first leg and the 1st half last night. If we can then I'm confident, or as confident as I can be, that we'll do it. Seems to be a decent attitude in the squad at the moment.

16 hours ago, Dele said:

OK, so we don't pollute this match thread any further perhaps you can PM which part of the song Dundee fans sing can be deemed as sectarian. 

I've stood and sat behind the goals enough times to hear your bile from the derry or whatever you called it. sevco reserves.

3 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I think this last season may have been the first time in decades than Dundee had a higher average attendance .

If we go back up normal service will resume

Whether we go back up or not, in terms of crowd size, normal service will resume.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I might be wrong but is Dundee’s average attendance not over 1000 better than Dundee Hibernian’s this season ?

Almost as if they had the old firm visiting 1 or 2 times a year and we had diddies like your mob.

I think a 4-0 aggregate score is a wee bit harsh, but the reason we're out is because we didn't take our chances.  Putting aside the penalty (which wasn't a penalty) and the red card (which probably was), we were the better team in the first half of both legs, had two or three great chances in each and didn't take them.  That's the real reason we're out.  The other thing is which many fans have alluded to is that we have a good starting XI but a couple of injuries and we're massively depleted.  Would we have gone through last night had we had Tremarco, Polworth and Welsh?  Maybe not but we'd have had a far better chance.

On the whole though we've had a good season.  We have the the sixth biggest budget in the league and to finish third is a good achievement.  I just hope we can keep the core of the squad together, if we do that we could have a good chance next season.  If we lose a load of players, we could have a hard time.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Robertson stated earlier in the season at a club/fan meeting thing that we had the 6th biggest budget in the league ahead of only Queens, Ayr, Morton and Alloa. Given our frequent budget cuts each year I don’t think it’s rocket science to work out that we’ll have a smaller budget than County, United, Falkirk, Partick and Dunfermline. If you include Dobbie’s supposedly externally paid wages, I reckon Queens are above us also.

Guesswork then.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I don't see why this is being argued with. It really doesn't take much looking to see it's probably right.

By the same token, Caley Thistle have finished third and they certainly do not have the third (or higher) biggest budget.  That makes a third place finish a decent result.

Guesswork ffs. Even with Robbo saying it, it takes anyone with a working brain to know that County, United, Thistle, Falkirk and Dunfermline have a bigger wage bill than ICT.