Thought Seigrest,Harkes and Reynolds all had particularly good games tonight.
McMullan brilliant as usual.
Biggest pass marks for me go to Bouhenna though, slotted in pretty seamlessly into Butchers role and looked more and more composed as the game went on.
Great night, the second half is the best I can remember us playing all season and if we maintain that we have a real chance.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We have a better home record than away.

3-0.

I will be charging for predictions from now on. 

We were much better in the second period after a poor first half. Could have been more.  Neilson has a tough decision to make who to start from Sow, Safranko and Clark but I hope he goes for the latter two.

Roll on Thursday. I think it will be Hamilton but we've already beaten the Maureens comprehensively this season so it doesn't really matter.

Good luck to the Nessies for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Robbo went to town there!

About time.

Fair play to both him and Hekinbottom.

Officials do not in any way have an easy job but there is no place for downright arrogance!

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I will be charging for predictions from now on. 

We were much better in the second period after a poor first half. Could have been more.  Neilson has a tough decision to make who to start from Sow, Safranko and Clark but I hope he goes for the latter two.

Roll on Thursday. I think it will be Hamilton but we've already beaten the Maureens comprehensively this season so it doesn't really matter.

Good luck to the Nessies for the rest of the season.

You definitely have to go with the latter, there is obviously a player in Sow but he seems to be lacking sharpness?

23 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Thought Seigrest,Harkes and Reynolds all had particularly good games tonight.
McMullan brilliant as usual.
Biggest pass marks for me go to Bouhenna though, slotted in pretty seamlessly into Butchers role and looked more and more composed as the game went on.
Great night, the second half is the best I can remember us playing all season and if we maintain that we have a real chance.

Harkes was much improved from the first leg and looked like the player he was at the start of him joining. Bouhenna absolutely strolled it on midfield. I'd rather see him there than defense and I think he's half decent CB. 

Connolly needs to sort his head out, he needs to focus more during matches and stop going headless chicken. 

Went along to this tonight and sat in the away end. Poor choice.

Thought Inverness played superbly in the first half, particularly from corners they looked a real threat. Walsh and White looked very dangerous. When the penalty came, players were blocking my view but originally thought it was a penalty, hadn’t realised the deflection.

Cue meltdown from Caley in second half, as the game went on they seemed to be more wasteful with possession and their attempts on goal were poor (perhaps something to do with the scheduling). United controlled the game from there on in and had multiple glaring opportunities to score.

Personal highlight though was seeing Nicky miss an absolute sitter by hitting the right post, before missing an even worse opportunity by hitting the left.

A good game for the neutral but left wishing I’d just watched it on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

To be fair to Robertson he always comes across as a knowledgeable guy once he calms down. Like all of us would be he can be hyperbolic in the moment. 

Therein lies something of a truth.

I wouldn't know if his negative energy infected and influenced the folding of his team in the second half.

It's harsh to think such things as to have a sporting game taken away from you by such a perfunctory decision must rank as a perversion of fair play.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

As harsh as the penalty was, the folding of ICT early in the second half was as unexpected as it was disappointing.

At least Nathan Austin got a chance to come on and hmm, well he came on and fell over a few times.

Good luck to Utd who were worthy winners.

A word of advice, the classless baiting of  Donaldson was a bit hokey. Perhaps cut back on the baiting.

lol

12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Harkes was much improved from the first leg and looked like the player he was at the start of him joining. Bouhenna absolutely strolled it on midfield. I'd rather see him there than defense and I think he's half decent CB. 

Connolly needs to sort his head out, he needs to focus more during matches and stop going headless chicken. 

I was very impressed by Harkes tonight. Big improvement on his performance from the first leg. Bouhenna looked just decent tonight, he had some great touches and interceptions at points although he was frequently careless with his passing. But, given I was worried about the absence of Butcher after he missed the cup game at Tannadice against ICT, Bouhenna did a more than capable job filling in.  I was fearing a lot worse tbh.

Incidentally, fair play to Robertson in his interview and at the end of the game shaking hands with our team an coaching staff. I understand referees may have to stick to the rules and may have to report him for coming back to the pitch, but any disciplinary panel can see that he wasn't out of control or being aggressive. His behaviour was pretty magnanimous and if I was in his shoes after the decisions that went our way these two games then I'd be behaving in far, far pettier fashion

Great second half performance tonight though I would never have guessed a 3-0 scoreline at the 40 minute mark.

Some outstanding individual contributions particularly Seigrist and Bouhenna who should keep his place for the final first leg at least.  Can’t understand Harkes getting MotM but hey ho.

Delighted by the result and the commitment of the players; a tough two games ahead of us now.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting Sutton suggesting the neutrals want united back up. I do reckon the top 6 of the spl probably do due to the bigger away crowds and tannadice has always been seen as a bigger away day than dens.

Don’t think bottom 6 of spl would be overly fussed

Always much preferred an away day at Dens compared  with Tannadice though the pre match pubs are the same.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Best guess the sponsors were American... and drunk. Very, very drunk.

I thought he had a decent game, particularly in the second half, but Bouhenna and Seigrist were outstanding.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t understand Harkes getting MotM but hey ho.

I heard that announcement and as low as my mood is at the moment, at least I will wake up in the morning without a dundonian accent.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I heard that announcement and as low as my mood is at the moment, at least I will wake up in the morning without a dundonian accent.

You’ll probably wake up in the highlands. 

That is easily 10 times worse.