13 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Empty jersey type post

Mad? Ayrmad?

11 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Utd will rue not scoring more than 1 last night.

Yeah, that's been the issue all season. We've not scored more than 2 against a full-time team since Nielson came in. Personally, I think we need Clark and Safranko to start tomorrow night. Try and blitz them in the first 20mins or so and get a couple of early goals to kill the tie off. That won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Would also like Coll Donaldson to get sent off as well. 

10 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

The first comment on there had me pissing myself laughing:

Spoiler

Were Dundee utd the only spfl team there this morning for a cool down session??? No! Your LOCAL team was there as well, you know the guys that are fighting hard against the team you so openly wish success too! The team that, if promoted will bring more money into YOUR local community!

If local buisnesses such as you got behind the LOCAL team, supported them, promoted them and invested in them then perhaps they would have a budget to match that of their opposition!

The LOCAL team needs to see YOUR support!!!

Shame on you "INVERNESS" Leisure!!

Had a wee peek on Caley Online forum, and the amount of whining on there about the red card is something else.

Walsh had already given Donaldson the benefit of the doubt (twice) before Polworth gave him another decision to make. This time he chose red.

All but a few folk on there recognise this.

Was it borderline?  Perhaps but these things happen in football.

2 years ago, in the playoff final against Hamilton at Tannadice, 10 minutes before the end, when Hamilton were out on their feet, Simon Murray got sent off for diving in the box. It was as stonewall a penalty as you’ll ever see, with the ref yards away and the linesman even closer. Murray was taken down from behind, and the Accies defender got nowhere near the ball. Had the correct decision been made, we would have kept all 11 men on the park against a knackered Accies, team who had used all their subs and in all likelihood we would have scored the penalty and taken at least a 1-0 lead to Hamilton with us for the second leg.

The correct decision was not made, we didn’t, we got beat and we are still stuck in the fucking championship.

This was a far more glaring error than the perceived one in question in Tuesday’s match. Like I said sometimes decisions go against you.

Suck it up and move on.

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

Had a wee peek on Caley Online forum, and the amount of whining on there about the red card is something else.

Walsh had already given Donaldson the benefit of the doubt (twice) before Polworth gave him another decision to make. This time he chose red.

All but a few folk on there recognise this.

Was it borderline?  Perhaps but these things happen in football.

2 years ago, in the playoff final against Hamilton at Tannadice, 10 minutes before the end, when Hamilton were out on their feet, Simon Murray got sent off for diving in the box. It was as stonewall a penalty as you’ll ever see, with the ref yards away and the linesman even closer. Murray was taken down from behind, and the Accies defender got nowhere near the ball. Had the correct decision been made, we would have kept all 11 men on the park against a knackered Accies, team who had used all their subs and in all likelihood we would have scored the penalty and taken at least a 1-0 lead to Hamilton with us for the second leg.

The correct decision was not made, we didn’t, we got beat and we are still stuck in the fucking championship.

This was a far more glaring error than the perceived one in question in Tuesday’s match. Like I said sometimes decisions go against you.

Suck it up and move on.

And to add, highlighting that it was an honest mistake by the officials, Simon Murray was cleared to play in the second leg.

Must admit I think it probably is a red card. I can certainly see how it would come under serious foul play. Maybe if I am really peering through my red and blue sunglasses you could argue Connolly puts himself in harms way by stooping to that height and Polworth is entitled to challenge with his foot with the ball at that height but that's really scraping the barrel. 

We're really up against it now with some key players out. As I said earlier in the thread (I think anyway) we have a really good starting XI but as soon as one or two drop out with injuries or suspension then we are pretty threadbare and it looks like that will be the case on Friday and that's before you factor in fatigue from the recent plethora of games played.

Still, I'll head along to Tannadice and see what happens. It'll be tough but you've got to support your team :) 

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Suck it up and move on.

As I say I think it's a red myself but I feel that our fans feel quite aggrieved at some of the decisions that have gone your way in recent games (McMullan dive in the cup game, McMullan handball in the league game) which perhaps has meant the seethe kicks in a bit quicker of less controversial decisions like the Polworth one the other night.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Does anyone know whether ICT are appealing the card?

I'd have thought not and in any case, I'd much rather have him refreshed and ready for the final

Only problem with that is Motherwell will stay clear of the relegation playoff next year, so no playoff final for Polworth any time soon and definitely not this year.

3 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Still hurting over Smith?

I couldn't give a shit about him, will look forward to our players getting stuck into him next season.

4 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

You lot obv do. You’re all pure frothing at the mouth in anger about United across in your forum

I'm not frothing about you, I've consistently said you'll stay down since your relegation, so far I've saw nothing in 3 years to change my mind.

2 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Ok im sure we will see over next couple weeks

We might see on Friday, IMO Caley were the best equipped to gain promotion out of the 3 sides, that hasn't nor will it change, we've a penchant for defensive errors and stupid high ball football when plan b is required, you've not much to frighten anyone apart from McMullen (your chances disappear with one old fashioned tackle) and Caley just seem to have the grit and battling qualities required to beat the top league team.