2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I decided to check the SFA website to see if the appointment is out yet.

I have jinxed it bloody hell :lol::lol::lol:.

Kevin Clancy it is.

You'll need to shoulder the blame if it goes pete tong now.

20 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I decided to check the SFA website to see if the appointment is out yet.

I have jinxed it bloody hell :lol::lol::lol:.

Kevin Clancy it is.

I think almost all the refs are fucking terrible.

Clancy is by far and away the worst.

Went along to this tonight. Slightly surreal after the two Alloa games in Inverness this season to watch from the home end and sober. Thought United started really well but after settling that ICT had the better chances of first half. From a distance at the Caley end the red card was a surprise and even after seeing the TV footage I don't think it was the right call. United didn't really step it up as expected and it was only really after Doran went off and Caley started sitting really deep that the goal came. Seemed to me to be a strange call by Robbo to send on an inexperienced player in place of Doran and it didn't work out. At the same time, ICT clearly have very little strength in depth beyond their best 11 and when a few are missing they really struggle. Trafford was shite and I'd say Alloa would have better creative options than Caley had tonight. Shows again how well Robertson has done with meagre resources. 

Didn't think United were that good given the talent in the team. But still an excellent result for them, and the away support were absolutely terrific. 

Edited by Waspie

19 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Going into exile in Iceland, Siberia or Bahamas is a preferred option.

Surely becoming a Bahamian is no sort of punishment.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Surely becoming a Bahamian is no sort of punishment.

If going into exile chose a comfortable destination I say.  Nothing wrong with brilliant sunshine, golden beaches, turquoise waters and cocktails and beers a plenty. 

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The problem I have with our side I that they are probably the least 'streetwise' team in the country.  Too honest... and they don't leave the boot in to make opposition players hobble off injured.

This post didn't age too well... 

From the main stand at the halfway line it all happened so quickly and there was a few players blocking the incident, it did look high from Polworth, but the reaction from Connolly got him the red card IMO.

As for the game itself, we should've been ahead at the break with White missing a few great chances, particularly the header that struck the post and came out, sometimes you get lucky and they bounce the other way and over the line.

The red card completely flattened us and we were never getting the win from there, and there was an inevitability of United scoring.  Just annoyed at the time and space McMullan had to slot it in.

Player wise, I don't think anyone had a poor game,  think it was McHattie who possibly could have stopped the cross for the goal.  McCart and Donaldson were solid as usual with the former showing he is now the best defender at the club.  County are actually pursuing the lesser player of the two.

For United, Reynolds was great and mopped up everything that came his way and I thought Booth at left back had some nice touches in the second half on the main stand side.  Very tidy on the ball irl. Sow is utter shite and I have absolutely no idea why Nicky Clark doesn't start for United.  Does Neilson have beef with his father or something?  Or is it blind loyalty to Sow as he's a fellow ex-Jambo?

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

_106961705_red_card.jpg

Inverness CT manager John Robertson: "I can understand why he's given it - we know the laws of the game. It is what it is. "

The Dundee Utd player reaction was a shambles, i expected blood and tissue 

A terrific first half by our boys especially considering the hard two games the week before, well done to them, DU apart from McMullan were disjointed and all over the place and I'm sure that Neilson was happy to get them in at half time at 0-0,  the second half was totally fecked for us with Liam's sending off, now  I was too far away to see the actual foul but by all accounts from various sources it was non malicious and a yellow, however Connolly's play acting with holding his face and writhing around like a schoolgirl forced a red and that turned it around for us.

However the hysterical relief from the DU players and fans when they eventually scored against ten men from a McHattie mistake was something to behold.

Absolutely no sour grapes on my part but that's football and if we maintain that type of play as we did in the first half and keep eleven men on the field then we have a good chance of progressing.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Looked to me watching on the telly that the United player ducked, that the Inverness player almost managed to pull out and that any contact made was minimal. I can see why a red was given but was it reckless, out of control, dangerous or with force? Not for me, Clive.

Bizarre that Neilson keeps playing McMullan as a centre forward when he's better wide or behind the main striker. United looked a lot better when Clark came on. Think it'll be a tight match in the final, whoever makes it - I'm not ruling out Inverness nicking it maybe after extra time.