Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Far too civil on this thread currently. I’d like to start us off with a comment about Annan fans enjoying fornicating with animals and driving tractors because they live out with the central belt.

Seriously though, I’m looking forward to tomorrow and looking forward to (hopefully) a good game. All the best!

Notice for all Annan fans travelling.

All Clyde FC home league matches at Broadwood are pay-at-the-gate, with the following prices:-

• Adults: £14
  • Concessions (Senior Citizens, Students, Under 18-s): £9*
  • Under-12s: FREE**

*Aged sixty-five is the starting point for the Senior Citizens category. Students must display a valid matriculation card.
**Up to four under-12s will be given free entry when accompanied by an adult. Free under-12 tickets should be collected from the Clyde Office before entering via the turnstiles.

For entry arrangements and turnstile information, please see the match preview published in the News section of the website before each match.

Notice for all Annan fans travelling.

All Clyde FC home league matches at Broadwood are pay-at-the-gate, with the following prices:-

• Adults: £14
  • Concessions (Senior Citizens, Students, Under 18-s): £9*
  • Under-12s: FREE**
*Aged sixty-five is the starting point for the Senior Citizens category. Students must display a valid matriculation card.
**Up to four under-12s will be given free entry when accompanied by an adult. Free under-12 tickets should be collected from the Clyde Office before entering via the turnstiles.

For entry arrangements and turnstile information, please see the match preview published in the News section of the website before each match.

Philosopher how much you paying to get in tomorrow [emoji848]

8 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

We are due a bit of success after so many years of disappointments.

Genuinely interesting comment. If you look at Annan's playing record as posted on the previous page and compare it with Clyde's over the same period, is there really that much difference between the two? If so, are you not just measuring your "years of disappointments" against false expectation based on the not so recent past?

Clyde will never (realistically!) finish 3rd in the top league or win the Scottish Cup again, whereas Annan (like Inverness, Ross County & Gretna before them) are on a journey of potential, so surely the "due a bit of success" comment equally applies to them?

It's a beautifully poised final, and whichever team goes up will have deserved to do so.

Genuinely interesting comment. If you look at Annan's playing record as posted on the previous page and compare it with Clyde's over the same period, is there really that much difference between the two? If so, are you not just measuring your "years of disappointments" against false expectation based on the not so recent past?
Clyde will never (realistically!) finish 3rd in the top league or win the Scottish Cup again, whereas Annan (like Inverness, Ross County & Gretna before them) are on a journey of potential, so surely the "due a bit of success" comment equally applies to them?
It's a beautifully poised final, and whichever team goes up will have deserved to do so.

No

Clyde are "due" nothing. You get what you earn and to this point have continued to fail getting out of the bottom tier.

Certainly if it doesn't happen tomorrow it really should next season. Lennon is a fantastic manager for me managing at a level way below he should be at.  Another pre season and you would think he should get the missing pieces of the jigsaw.

I think this will be a cracker tomorrow so heading over. All the best to the two sets of jobbers involved.

The hope is going to kill one of you.

I can't really see anything other than our squad being emptied if we don't go up, and we've allegedly thrown quite a bit of financial heft behind this season's team. Lennon is a very good manager, but he'll have failed this season if we don't get promoted - simple as that.

Think it will go to pens. Clyde will create openings of that I am sure. As has been mentioned a few posts up Clyde's hopes rest on DGW. Fantastic last week but what will give Annan hope is he usually misses a sitter or two per game.

17 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I can't really see anything other than our squad being emptied if we don't go up, and we've allegedly thrown quite a bit of financial heft behind this season's team. Lennon is a very good manager, but he'll have failed this season if we don't get promoted - simple as that.

Not sure I agree that a lot would leave, I assume a few would go as every other season but can’t see a mass walkout. 

think a few might leave but show me a team in the league that doesn't happen how do you know we wouldn't recruit better players ? I agree he if we don't go up it is a failure . But have you forgot about the 4 point deduction and the damage that caused nah that's been convently erased

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

think a few might leave but show me a team in the league that doesn't happen how do you know we wouldn't recruit better players ? I agree he if we don't go up it is a failure . But have you forgot about the 4 point deduction and the damage that caused nah that's been convently erased

Nobody has ever "conveniently erased" the points deduction, but it's simply impossible to know the full extent of the damage it caused. Beyond the result of the Elgin game, it's fanciful to just assume that a team which has a fairly poor record in "pressure" games (Berwick last season/Cowdenbeath this/Annan this) would have gotten to and held out at the top when every game would have become so pressurised. That also isn't the only source of lost points and momentum this season; poor recruitment, plain bad luck and unsuitable tactics/selections in some instances can also be looked at. Plenty of times we've gotten out of jail with late goals too and, while that points to a commendable fight and spirit, it's also indicative of our wastefulness and inability to make dominance count in games.

We could well end up with a better squad if we stay down, however it's a long shot that we would be able to - within budget - recruit players of a comparable quality to those of ours who will be looking to play in a higher division, or perhaps full-time (of which I'm sure there will be several). It's a touch concerning that we've nobody contracted for next season other than Goodwillie and Syvertsen; the only bonus is that we'd be due compensation for any guys under 24 who we offer new deals to, if they were to move on.

Anyway, this grim chat can all be saved for the post-mortem if tomorrow goes as we fear it will. If we approach the game like it's 0-0 and don't go gung-ho chasing a goal from the off, we are more than capable of levelling the tie at a minimum. Nicoll out for Lamont is the only change I want to see, unless Cuddihy is available, in which case I want him cloned several times and deployed throughout the side.