Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

3 hours ago, JimThorburn said:
5 hours ago, the philosopher said:
Quite amusing the persistent denigrating of the Annan players when you consider the Clyde starting line up on Saturday contained 3 ex. Annan players :- Currie ,Cuddihy & McNiff then also 2 of the substitutes :- Love and Nicholl.
McNiff and Love were the goalscorers.
Now you sign Johnston.
Seems a bit like biting the hand that feeds you ! 

Won't be the last time Philosopher. I'd imagine they'll be raiding us again next summer when they come right back down to the league 2 doldrums.

I don't think that will be the case, I believe we will compete well next year in Div 1. I guess that is the nature of the beast when teams are cherry picked of their best players who want to play at a higher level it is just the way it is, it has been happening to us for years and could still possibly happen to us if bigger teams come calling this summer.

Quite amusing the persistent denigrating of the Annan players when you consider the Clyde starting line up on Saturday contained 3 ex. Annan players :- Currie ,Cuddihy & McNiff then also 2 of the substitutes :- Love and Nicholl.
McNiff and Love were the goalscorers.
Now you sign Johnston.
Seems a bit like biting the hand that feeds you ! 

We couldn’t let our feeder team get promoted ahead of us. Thankfully natural order prevailed. Continue sending us your best to bulk out our bench. Kind regards. Xx

7 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Another fantastic day to remember as a Clyde supporter. so proud of the club, management team, players and fans. The football played this year has been a joy to watch, the togetherness for all involved unrivalled, and that's what is probably the envy of most teams in our division. We are a family and we all buy into the vision and direction of our club. We've been down for so long and do not forget that we paid all the debt inherited (Sevco!!..) after our failed bid to reach the Premier league so many years ago. We  had one of the lowest budgets for numerous years and that led to the detriment of the playing squad. However there was always a belief that once we cleared off the debt, an upturn in fortunes could emerge and they did that handsomely in the appointment of Danny & Allan and of course a new Chairman in Norrie Innes. All the very best to Norrie.

Praise to all football fans of other clubs who did complement and have a balanced football view and perspective:- my good friend Vodka Vic, rhilston, Bring your own socks, Bendtner Bairn, Ayrtroopmajor, onecowden, Frank Grimes, SJP79 Gordon EF, Annanbear, The Judge, Ammo Airdrie, gmca, Chapelhall Chap, JunkyBairn, headtheba, BBBino, Its a stramach, Sarge Bullman, Williebraveheart, The Minertaur, and probably Jakey SAFC (has passion and he wholeheartedly believes in his own team and players)

Unfortunately for those who could not bring themselves to praise the famous Bully Wee on their football abilities then so sad and a fond farewell to:- Muzza81, Aberdeen Cowden, Jim Thorburn, Peternapper, Tenkay, Shputnik, Jagfox99, 19QOS19, weeredbook, athletic1, Christophe, marco44, EFFC 1938, The Spider, Alimcg, Pele, badgerthewitnes, Hossy87, tbsouth, spider4ever, Annan Massive, Bluetoon 87......................

Have a wonderful summer............................

Were Clyde the only team to get promoted out of the division?  I don't think you will be saying farewell to peternapper or Bluetoon87.  Unless you want to hold off until your back here next year. :P

Edited by strichener

On 23/05/2019 at 16:30, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I don't think that will be the case, I believe we will compete well next year in Div 1. I guess that is the nature of the beast when teams are cherry picked of their best players who want to play at a higher level it is just the way it is, it has been happening to us for years and could still possibly happen to us if bigger teams come calling this summer.

Very true Pride of the Clyde.Heard tonight Peterhead have taken Aiden Smith  from us and are in talks with Scott Hooper.

Stirling taken Creaney and Wilson -ah well some fresh faces next year.

Very true Pride of the Clyde.Heard tonight Peterhead have taken Aiden Smith  from us and are in talks with Scott Hooper.
Stirling taken Creaney and Wilson -ah well some fresh faces next year.

Not impressed by Smith at all. Can’t understand why moneybags would release Sutherland but look to sign Smith

You've put far too much effort into that post by the way. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
This. It might be one of the most tragic posts I've ever read. More so because I can't think of any time I've came on and slagged Clyde. I wanted Annan to win because there was a distinct possibility we were going down. I think any sane person would rather play a team 15 minutes away than an hour and a half away.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 23/05/2019 at 16:04, JimThorburn said:
You've put far too much effort into that post by the way. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

This. It might be one of the most tragic posts I've ever read. More so because I can't think of any time I've came on and slagged Clyde. I wanted Annan to win because there was a distinct possibility we were going down. I think any sane person would rather play a team 15 minutes away than an hour and a half away.

That's true, you're not a known Clyde baiter.

While I've got you...! Just to taper-off a conversation we had pre-season... John Rankin worked out superbly for us. We redeployed him about, say, a third of the way into the season as a midfielder purposed to spearhead and join-up attacks. In that capacity he was our joint-top assist-maker (15) and bagged eight goals, too. He had been something of a passenger before that, when deployed essentially as a sitting player; probably reminiscent of his last season at QoS. We had a better player for that 'behind the play' role (Grant), who ultimately made it his own with Rankin out the way.

That's true, you're not a known Clyde baiter.

While I've got you...! Just to taper-off a conversation we had pre-season... John Rankin worked out superbly for us. We redeployed him about, say, a third of the way into the season as a midfielder purposed to spearhead and join-up attacks. In that capacity he was our joint-top assist-maker (15) and bagged eight goals, too. He had been something of a passenger before that, when deployed essentially as a sitting player; probably reminiscent of his last season at QoS. We had a better player for that 'behind the play' role (Grant), who ultimately made it his own with Rankin out the way.
Yeah I did notice he was nominated for player of the year. Did he get it btw? Fair play to him. He apparently takes very good care of himself but he's just lost that yard of pace to play regularly at Championship level. Has he been offered a contract for next season? I think quality wise he'll probably do a job at League 1 level as well, it may just be a question of his age now.

I always thought Rankin was an attack minded player so it was bizarre to see him as a holding player for us. But then Naysmith was definitely defence minded so it maybe explains it.

I expect he's a great player for your younger guys. I'll say that for him; he was always the loudest player on the park barking out instructions.

Yeah I did notice he was nominated for player of the year. Did he get it btw? Fair play to him. He apparently takes very good care of himself but he's just lost that yard of pace to play regularly at Championship level. Has he been offered a contract for next season? I think quality wise he'll probably do a job at League 1 level as well, it may just be a question of his age now.

I always thought Rankin was an attack minded player so it was bizarre to see him as a holding player for us. But then Naysmith was definitely defence minded so it maybe explains it.

I expect he's a great player for your younger guys. I'll say that for him; he was always the loudest player on the park barking out instructions.
Yeah, Rankin is staying for next season. He was excellent for us from about October onwards once we moved him further up the pitch. Can still pick a pass and hits a great free kick.

Rankin is one of the fittest players in Scottish football. I was at an SFA scouting course which was ran by Donald Park and he mentioned Rankin was the best professional there is. Has a takeaway only once a year, and that’s on the final day of the season. Apart from that day he’s in the gym pretty much all the time and looking after himself the best he can. Usually when that age get the type of injury he did is question them returning but I have no doubt he’ll be back fully fit and ready to go for the start of the season.

Yeah, Rankin is staying for next season. He was excellent for us from about October onwards once we moved him further up the pitch. Can still pick a pass and hits a great free kick.
It'll be interesting to see how he gets on. Though he should be fine. I imagine the level between League 1 and League 2 is closer than the gap between Championship and League 1.

As said above, he's a model professional. His attitude was always excellent.

Aye: all true. Didn't get PoTY (Cuddihy did), but that was a very close run thing this year, could've been one of about ten players.

He's lived in Cumbernauld for a wee while now and, like everyone says, he is a locally visible fitness buff.

Because of his ability, he'll hang on for another few years I reckon; if he wants, anyway. He could be redeployed as a decent full-back or wide-midfielder if it gets too much for him in the middle. Destined for a coaching role, IMO. Perhaps management later on too.

Has a one-year extension with us, like Jack said.