Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Just watched the highlights there, glorious.

We probably should have had a penalty in the first half when Syvertsen goes past the Annan player who sticks out a foot. If he goes down then the ref would have has a decision to make.

Banks played brilliant. Hopefully we could get him back on loan next season. The whole team was fantastic though.

Somewhat ironic Nade's reaction to Love wasting time after they had been doing it for the whole game. The corner were 3 Annan players hit the deck was laughable.

Whole day was fantastic from hospitality before the game to the celebrations in the lounge and pub afterwards.

15 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Just watched the highlights there, glorious.

We probably should have had a penalty in the first half when Syvertsen goes past the Annan player who sticks out a foot. If he goes down then the ref would have has a decision to make.

Banks played brilliant. Hopefully we could get him back on loan next season. The whole team was fantastic though.

Somewhat ironic Nade's reaction to Love wasting time after they had been doing it for the whole game. The corner were 3 Annan players hit the deck was laughable.

Whole day was fantastic from hospitality before the game to the celebrations in the lounge and pub afterwards.

The Clyde highlights are phenomenal; a fantastic summary of the day. Featuring Annan GK timewasting, a number of other players hitting the deck under very little pressure, Syvertsen retiring the Annan number 4 with an outrageous bit of skill.  Then onto the goals, with the second one summing up our style as Lang manages to keep possession when others would have just gone to win a tackle. Then the post-match scenes with Rankin/Goodwillie jumping around with crutches, a classy Annan player (Swinglehurst?) going to congratulate our dugout and the stuff inside the changing room where Ray Grant works up a sweat for the first time this season. Oscar worthy.

Annan highlights are worth watching as well because they're from the other side and the huge crowd is fully visible.

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Thought the ref was OK but couldn't understand having spoken with multiple Annan players about time wasting why he didn't produce a card earlier.....unless he had a cheeky wee penalty up his sleeve for later ;)

Totally agree.  He was wise to Annan's game right from the start so didn't allow the physio on for "injuries" and told each timewaster to cut it out but should have shown a card to put a stop to it.  I did wonder if he was mentally noting each one and would book repeat offenders but I think your penalty theory might be right.  Do we now love the SFA?

2 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Obviously disappointed with yesterdays result but fair play to Clyde. Enjoy League 1 and the many disputes you'll no doubt have with opposing supporters.
As for Annan I'm confident we'll improve at Galabank next season. Murphy has done an excellent job over the last two years and the setup at the club in general is looking better than it has in years. I think we'll be seeing you Clyde lot sooner rather than later.

getting a season ticket for broadwood?

Karma I’m afraid. Cheated a penalty at the last game at Broadwood so screw him.  

I thought the Karma came when Love dived to win the pen at Galabank! But he managed to cheat the ref again at Broadwood. You guys talk about dirty tactics yet you had the dirtiest racist cheat on the field win you the game!

11 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

I thought the Karma came when Love dived to win the pen at Galabank! But he managed to cheat the ref again at Broadwood. You guys talk about dirty tactics yet you had the dirtiest racist cheat on the field win you the game!

Awww petal 

50 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Dived at Galabank my arse. He was wiped out and it was noticeable that the guy who brought him down stood with his head in his hands cause he knew it was a penalty. 

We won the game as we are a better side, plain and simple. Go and read the comments from the neutrals at the game. They are very telling. 

[emoji23]

Annan are the masters of the dark arts. I have no idea why you perserve with it though as you caused us more problems when you did try to play football - the opening 10 mins and then after the second goal.

Didn't have a great view of the penalty in the first leg and thought the one on Sat was soft but Swinglehurst does shove Love out the way.

The penalty awarded to Annan in the March game is one of the most ridiculous decisions I've seen. The play acting from Muir and the other Annan players hounding the linesman to give the penalty was piss poor.

Was hilarious to see Nade's reaction to Love for wasting time when Nade had been at it ever since Johnston scored for Annan.

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

At the time I had a good laugh at it,  but after watching the highlights, I can't understand why Madden didn't send Nade off, for running 20 yards to attack Love who was just walking back to to his own half,  after scoring what turned out to be the winning goal.  Apart from that and not stamping out the play attacking,  with cards or adding time on at the end of the first half ( one minute was ridiculous) thought Madden  did well,  certainly a lot better than his last visit to Broadwood  against Annan when he got the one major decision totally wrong,  and it had to be overturned at a SFA hearing .  

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

Take your medicine like a man and stop crying. No Annan fan can come on here and complain about dirty tactics, absolutely no one.

You should be embarrassed to even mention anything about dirty play with the way your team acted throughout.

Edited by Neilly

22 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

At the time I had a good laugh at it,  but after watching the highlights, I can't understand why Madden didn't send Nade off, for running 20 yards to attack Love who was just walking back to to his own half,  after scoring what turned out to be the winning goal.  Apart from that and not stamping out the play attacking,  with cards or adding time on at the end of the first half ( one minute was ridiculous) thought Madden  did well,  certainly a lot better than his last visit to Broadwood  against Annan when he got the one major decision totally wrong,  and it had to be overturned at a SFA hearing .  

Alan Newlands was the ref not madden, I know how it's easy to confuse the baldness. 

Saturday was right up there with some of the best feelings I have ever had supporting Clyde.  The last decade has been awful for the club and we have been on our knees at times.  The club was a mess and we ended up in the bottom tier and for a while it felt like we would never get out of it, at least upwards...

To finally get promoted quite rightly brought delirium and no lack of relief too.  What's pleased me most about it, was how this team done it.  Even with 30 minutes left and still needing 2 to win, there was no panic, no resorting to hoofing it and hoping for the best.  We stuck to what we do and played some great attacking football.   Danny and Allan deserve all the praise they receive and more. 

I'm still absolutely buzzing and can't wait to see what next season has in store.