Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Even worse than Clyde winning promotion, we'll have to watch that Annan team again next season. Not a pretty sight. Well done Clyde. As I have said before you were the best team in the league and for the first time in years you have a very decent manager who has the potential to take you wherever you want to go. Goodbye and good luck.
Well, they were the second best team in the league.

There are degrees of contact; some penalty worthy, some not. Throwing a forward to the floor Life of Brian style falls in the penalty worthy category. If they ever reshoot that movie, Swinglehurst is a shoe-in for Cleese's part in the Pontius Pilate scene.

Stwike him Stevie, wery woughly.

Swinglehurst got what he deserved. A donkey that can’t play football that has been getting away with fouls all season. Thankfully when it mattered he was penalised.

Regardless of the degree of contact, he shoved Love away from the ball and a certain goal. Id have sent him off. Nade should’ve went off too for what he did to Love after the celebrations.

Some decent players in that Annan team (Nade, Johnstone, even the neanderthal Wallace) but they let themselves down with those tactics. Unworthy of promotion. Glad the football team prevailed

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Hope the players enjoyed their celebrations and didn’t end up at a flat party in Armadale.

GIRUY

8 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Swinglehurst got what he deserved. A donkey that can’t play football that has been getting away with fouls all season. Thankfully when it mattered he was penalised.

Regardless of the degree of contact, he shoved Love away from the ball and a certain goal. Id have sent him off. Nade should’ve went off too for what he did to Love after the celebrations.

Some decent players in that Annan team (Nade, Johnstone, even the neanderthal Wallace) but they let themselves down with those tactics. Unworthy of promotion. Glad the football team prevailed

I thought Nade was pretty shite over the 2 legs if I'm honest. Of course he wins the majority in the air as anyone his size would but they're mainly aimless. Was blowing out his arse after about 20 mins too. Absolutely delighted that Lang's dodgy pass across his own penalty area in the second half was at Nades mercy and nobody else as it wouldve been a certain goal if it was someone who could run that intercepted it.

According to a good source Johnstone 100% signed up for next season, very happy with that think he will fit into our squad perfectly.

McNiff has been approached by 2 clubs but don’t think he is going anywhere.

Lang approached by 2 clubs as well, doubt we’ll be seeing him in a Clyde jersey but you might be seeing him next season.

Rankin signing for next season.

Annan manager Peter Murphy: "After the season we've had, with the record club points total, for the whole season to turn on a refereeing decision that none of the Clyde players or staff appealed for, that is the most disappointing thing. That's changed the destiny of a club."

Got that wrong.

How about a title challenge that may have turned on a ref not awarding a penalty for the save by the Peterhead defender?

Remember the fuss some fans made about Dylan Easton leaving and Danny didn't seem interested in keeping him. Shows how far we've come as he wouldn't get a game for us now. Would like to keep all our regulars and 1 striker and I don't think we would be dissapointed nxt Yr 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Swinglehurst does give a Love a shove but not a great deal in it. Still think it was a pretty soft penalty.

The ref was probably more interested in the fact that Swinglehurst played the man rather than the ball and denied a clear scoring opportunity. Lucky not to get a red actually.  

The best two flowing-football teams in the league got promoted. That's as it should be. Top marks to the ref. 

I've heard some chatter about Johnston coming to us, too. I don't think he's better than what we have and I'd rather see Boyle, Syverston, Lamont or a returning Banks given a jersey before a new lad.

His goal scoring record isn't great and, while I understand he's assisted a few with Annan this season, it wouldn't strike me as an ambitious signing if we went ahead with it.
Syvertsen signed for next year , Johnston would be a good signing and certainly would improve our options apart from yesterday he has been excellent when I have seen him this season

Remember the fuss some fans made about Dylan Easton leaving and Danny didn't seem interested in keeping him. Shows how far we've come as he wouldn't get a game for us now. Would like to keep all our regulars and 1 striker and I don't think we would be dissapointed nxt Yr 
Danny wasn't in charge when Easton left Clyde it was Chapman.

Lennon said in the lounge that he would be looking to keep most of the squad with only a few new faces brought in. That will really depend on if the likes of Lang and Grant stay in for another season. Don't think those two will be short of offers.

34 minutes ago, WBR said:

Annan manager Peter Murphy: "After the season we've had, with the record club points total, for the whole season to turn on a refereeing decision that none of the Clyde players or staff appealed for, that is the most disappointing thing. That's changed the destiny of a club."

Got that wrong.

How about a title challenge that may have turned on a ref not awarding a penalty for the save by the Peterhead defender?

Apart from the closest clyde player who was making shoving motions at the ref 

50 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

And some great signings for kelty hearts, wouldn’t have minded a few of they names.

C2105281-688D-4237-8AA8-ACF7F594C06D.png

Austin, Reilly, Linton and Easton. Good to see that Barry’s methods haven’t changed. K£LTY H€ART$ etc.

Edited by Scott-Replay

3 minutes ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Apart from the closest clyde player who was making shoving motions at the ref 

That was my point.  More than one Clyde player appealing for a penalty so Murphy, as well as not seeing the foul, didn’t see the appeals either.  Neither did I, to be fair, but I’m not the one providing bitter, misleading interviews for the BBC.