Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Had to laugh at Nade having handbags with Love for wasting time. Annan were at the dark arts from around the 4th minute wasting every possible second they could.

Who was the c**t with the shaggy hair for Clyde? He was like an auld school libero switching between defence and midfield. Very intelligent player. You don't really see that type at this level.

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Had to laugh at Nade having handbags with Love for wasting time. Annan were at the dark arts from around the 4th minute wasting every possible second they could.

Who was the c**t with the shaggy hair for Clyde? He was like an auld school libero switching between defence and midfield. Very intelligent player. You don't really see that type at this level.

That’s Ray Grant, Peter Grant’s boy. He’s classy as f**k.

6 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I genuinely can’t understand any form of praise or celebration for Annan whatsoever. It must be disappointing for their fans sure, but I have not one iota of sympathy for their squad or staff. Absolute time wasting, cheating scum the lot of them.

Justice prevailed though and only fitting that they will remain exactly where they belong emoji5.png Perhaps try playing football next time and you might have a bit more luck. Please get it so far round you emoji1309.png

Couldn't agree more. See all this "commiserations Annan", f**k them. They are shite and tried to time waste for over 90 mins today. They got what they deserved. Sweet f**k all. Their fans are the ones I feel sorry for. Not cloggers like Swinglehurst and that shite keeper they have. 

He who laughs last, laughs the longest everyone!

Just back in from the pub and absolutely delighted that we've finally managed to escape league 2.

Anna's game plan was solely focused on persevering the 1-0 lead and was great to see all their time wasting come back to haunt them in the end.

Annan undoubtedly have a few decent players but they got what they deserved. Really didn't see anything in the penalty to be honest but given the absolute ridiculous penalty they got in the recent game at Broadwood don't have any sympathy for them.

Great day to be a Clyde fan and after years and years of utter shite and disappointment it's brilliant to finally be out of league 2.

7 hours ago, Bulstrode said:

Annan were a decent football side under Cairney, regressed with Chumpman and are unwatchable under Murphy. If they tried and concentrated to play football then they might get somewhere although I reckon their board doesn't have the ambition. Could end up like Gretna.

Quite embarrassing statement.Top goalscorers  in the league this year !

Chapman -  Yeh u thought he was so good you grabbed  him & he took half  our team.

Bit annoying  the 2 goalscorers  were  ex. Annan but hi that's their choice,short career &  decision proved fruitfull in the end

Lack of ambition ? Our 4th play offs since joining the league and 2 of  them finals.

Gretna ? We have no sugar daddy ,probably the lowest budget  in the league.

We  know our limitations but never confuse that with lack of ambition.

Sorry I should have congratulated Clyde on their promotion.Well done guys enjoy your night.

4 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Not a fan of Clyde but guys like Gordon Hyslop and Dick Shaw don’t deserve promotion, even if the players do. Horrible attitude towards footballs and getting they’re reward tonight.

I thought Hissy was a Stranraer legend ? Dick Shaw - nothing to do wi Annan now -just  one o the SFA  blazer brigade  who used Annan for his own  needs ( Credit  due tho I believe  he  did a lot o work as South o Scotland fixture secretary )

On the actual game itself, I don’t think we played that well in the first half, giving the ball away far too often. I was sitting at half time and said this isn’t happening for us today. 

Much better second half and Annans tactics backfired after we got the first goal, from then on I always thought we looked more likely to score again than Annan scoring although they did have a few chances from headers(shock). 

Absolutely delighted to get promoted, great atmosphere at the game and a crowd of 2725 brings a good bit of money in as well. 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Quite embarrassing statement.Top goalscorers  in the league this year !

Chapman -  Yeh u thought he was so good you grabbed  him & he took half  our team.

Bit annoying  the 2 goalscorers  were  ex. Annan but hi that's their choice,short career &  decision proved fruitfull in the end

Lack of ambition ? Our 4th play offs since joining the league and 2 of  them finals.

Gretna ? We have no sugar daddy ,probably the lowest budget  in the league.

We  know our limitations but never confuse that with lack of ambition.

Sorry I should have congratulated Clyde on their promotion.Well done guys enjoy your night.

We'll be seeing you later for johnston  x

We decided to take a wee saunter along the road to Broadwood  for yesterday's game and, tbf, thought it was a very decent game of football. Clyde impressed me with the way they wanted to play the ball out from the back. As mentioned by some others also, I thought Ray Grant had a decent game at CH. His direct runs with ball at feet through the midfield reminded me of a young Roy Aitken and it certainly added an extra dimension to the Clyde attack. Goodwillie and the number 11 both looked lively and had no shortage of skill on the ball, although I did feel the wide men were very wasteful with their delivery into the area, particularly in 1st half. Annan were running down the clock from the get-go which is frustrating to watch but all part of an effective plan to strangle the game. Whether you could call it cheating or not is another matter. Chris Johnston and Aidan Smith were the away sides main attacking threat and both look to be very capable players.

I felt Clyde had to score early in 2nd half otherwise Annan would see the game out and that's what more or less happened. The decision for the penalty looked contentious. I'll need to see it again but from where I was sitting it looked very harsh.

Clyde ultimately deserved their win so all the very best to them. A decent wee footballing side who might do ok next season. 

Annan are getting stick for how they play but it's not all physical shithousery, they do definitely have a bit of panache going forward. If they can keep a hold of Johnston and Smith then I reckon they'll be playoff's again next season.