Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Echoing a previous sentiment, Ally Love isn't my absolute favourite member of the squad, but what a deeply, deeply savoury moment that was when he picked up a booking for the biggest piece of Broadwood b*****dry in recorded history with his snail-paced return to the Clyde half following his goal. Poetic, almost.

Echoing a previous sentiment, Ally Love isn't my absolute favourite member of the squad, but what a deeply, deeply savoury moment that was when he picked up a booking for the biggest piece of Broadwood b*****dry in recorded history with his snail-paced return to the Clyde half following his goal. Poetic, almost.

He was imitating the Annan players

Clyde were fantastic today all over. Scott Rumsby and Tom Lang rock solid and thought Clyde managed the game very well. Not losing the heed with some of Annan's tactics. League One looks very tasty but that is for August and beyond.

To conclude well done to all at Clyde FC. Swift recovery to David Goodwillie and that Number 11 for Annan impressed me today :)

Firstly, commiserations to an Annan side that I reckon would have cruised through the playoffs and into the higher division most other seasons. You have a good manager and whilst the time-wasting etc. is irritating, it's the only way you were going to get the better of us. It was interesting to see Smith and Wallace rotated today, and I'm not really sure it worked to be honest. I'm also not convinced that a game plan that negates Johnston completely is a good one. That said, you should be early favourites for next season and hopefully it'll be your turn.

I disagree entirely with those who say we played poorly at times today. I thought we were outstanding given the pressure that rested on the players' shoulders. It would have been easy to start panicking and rushing the play but we kept patient and wore them down eventually. To play against a mass defence and force their 'keeper into three or four excellent stops, with a couple of other chances missed; I think that's a decent effort. To stand up to losing Goodwillie (at least Annan's long throw expert went off as well!) and go onto win the game speaks volumes, and whilst it may have been a soft spot-kick, we had a cast iron certainty turned down in the first half because of Syvertsen's honesty. 

The team selection was spot on. Banks frightened the life out of Annan and Syvertsen had a superb game, pretty sure it was him who swung in the brilliant cross for the penalty. Grant and McStay totally dominated the centre of the pitch, Grant doing an excellent job in front of Nade (what were we thinking on Tuesday?!). Lang looked too good for League 1 bar one suicidal pass across the six yard box.

Sometimes teams sneak up through play-offs, but we 100% deserve promotion. We've done it playing good football, fought for everything, and had the nicest man in Scottish football as manager. I'll still be looking back at highlights of this campaign decades from now. I'm absolutely delighted that 2700 people turned up, as the players deserve that stage. They are now club legends, every single one of them. 

I thought it was Lamont who played the ball in for the penalty, but in any case it's hard to deny how good Syvertsen was today. Something we've not integrated much of into our play this season is the one-on-one committing of defenders by attackers other than Goodwillie; it was brilliant to see both Syvertsen and Banks taking on and gliding past their full-backs so often today. The former's fitness is still not quite what it should be, but hopefully with a full pre-season behind him he can grow even more in stature next season. 

39 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Congratulations, I have no idea why, but I kinda like you, all the best 

We're the bad boy that everyone deserves better than, but whose boyish good looks and consummate charm you can't resist. We'll break your heart, but you'll only have yourself to blame!

The more I think about today's events, the more misty-eyed I'm getting. The best bit about it is that we went out and won promotion today; such a complete, brave performance on a momentous occasion makes it all the better. I hope we release the full match as a DVD or something, because I'd love to actually watch it back in its entirety.

Not going to read through 141 posts, so I just skipped to the end.

Attended the game with my 8 year old son and his pal and we really enjoyed our afternoon. Couldn’t care who won, Clyde bring the best support to Forthbank and Annan have been progressed massively since joining the league.

Clyde deserves their win, and they have been the best team I have seen this season, well chuffed for Allan Moore, the man that made me fall in love with The Albion in the first place.

As for Annan, their continual time wasting cost them dearly, from where I was sitting the penalty looked harsh but they created 1 chance in 90 minutes.

Well done to both teams, good luck in League 1 Clyde, well done Danny Lennon and Co [emoji1319]