Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Did you see the ref on Tuesday !? Constantly let the physio on for nothing, etc...Madden didn’t let them away with it. He was much better than a lot of refs we’ve had this season. 
Only my opinion ! 
I don't want to get into an argument about referees on such a great day but I was surprised by someone praising that refereeing performance.

Let's just say that I did see the referee on Tuesday and two wrongs don't make a right.

Ultimately it doesn't matter now.

Let's all just enjoy the rest of the evening and look forward to next season

Annan set up sensibly, acknowledging their limitations, with a mind to frustrate Clyde and run down the clock from the very off. Over the piece, on the big pitch, fitness and quality told however. Annan simply don't have players like Scott Banks, Chris McStay, David Goodwillie and Tom Lang to name but a few.

Complaints about the penalty are an understandable manifestation of dissapointment. However, Peter Murphy would do well to remember that had Svyertson been as tactically minded as Annan's players were, and elected to fall instead of cutting-back the ball after drawing a foul from Annan's right-back in the first half, we'd have had a penalty anyway. The match highlights will put that beyond dispute.

We showed great character to finally level the aggregate score. And while it took us around ten minutes to get our bearings after that, it was clear Annan didn't have a Plan B. And I expect we'd have bagged another - probably via Banks directly or as an outlet - even if we hadn't been awarded a penalty, such was the direction of traffic.

Nigh-on twenty years later, we're winning promotion again. WATFBW.

Support today was absolutely outstanding,  no less than Danny and this team deserve.

The whole team gave their all once again some great performances.

Missed the penalty, some cheek Annan complaining  ( Karma Part 1)

The time-wasting was off the scale for 83 minutes,   suddenly improved about 4:40pm. (Karma Part 2) 

Murphy 's tactics shortened the game , lucky if there was 30 minutes of play in the first half,  more of the same time wasting in the second half , even after Clyde's first goal they were still time wasting ,  they must fancy themselves at penalties.  Karma that they only had 4 minutes left after the second to salvage  something,  :lol: 

Some day. I will admit to having major doubts leading in today and tbh the first half didn't do much to change that. Annan came down with a plan to frustrate as much as possible and it worked perfectly. It should also be noted that they were very organised. However it was very frustrating watching them waste time at every opportunity and I feel the ref should have done something about it.  Ultimately we had much of the possession but lacked any real end product to it. The second half started in much the same vein until the breakthrough. At that point Annan, had to change their tactics and looked dangerous on occasion. When Goodie went off I feared the worst but Banks made the Annan keeper pull out an outstanding save. In terms of the penalty, i'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea why it was given but I am not going to complain. Great feeling to finally get out of league 2

Oh, and hats off to Lennon for the team today. Picked to perfection. Cuddihy back in, using Banks' exceptional speed and skill from the off, resting Nicoll. All a recipe for good possession and for goals, which we eventually got two of against the stuffiest mob about.

The biggest league crowd I have been at for many a season and it was a good game to watch as well as having atmosphere of things about to happen. Annan just sat back for most of their well organised plan. Clyde were by far the better moving team and at least they made the Goalie make some great saves. There was lots of space for those players who could pass and run such as the young lad Banks.  As far as time wasting etc it was obvious that Annan were going to do that to keep their lead but once they lost the first goal, they never really altered. Clyde did over play the ball at times given how much possession they had and yet, it was the long ball into the box for a change which gained the penalty.  Thoroughly deserved on the day and having spotted many fellow Diamonds in the crowd I look forward to next season's derby games. It looks a really tight L1 already.

14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The biggest league crowd I have been at for many a season and it was a good game to watch as well as having atmosphere of things about to happen. Annan just sat back for most of their well organised plan. Clyde were by far the better moving team and at least they made the Goalie make some great saves. There was lots of space for those players who could pass and run such as the young lad Banks.  As far as time wasting etc it was obvious that Annan were going to do that to keep their lead but once they lost the first goal, they never really altered. Clyde did over play the ball at times given how much possession they had and yet, it was the long ball into the box for a change which gained the penalty.  Thoroughly deserved on the day and having spotted many fellow Diamonds in the crowd I look forward to next season's derby games. It looks a really tight L1 already.

Looking forward to the derby games too.  It will be fantastic to be in the same league as Airdrie.  And we will have Falkirk too to add to the edge to the games.  A shame Partick, sorry Thistle were not relegated....

Absolutely buzzing! Annans time wasting and "injuries" every 5 mins came back to bite them on the arse! They got what they deserved. The brass neck of them to complain about us running down the clock in injury time as well!! 

Great day for the club. Cheers for all the well wishes from supporters of other teams. 

To the rest of you - GIRUY!