Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Thank God for that. Totally deserved. Unlucky Annan who have had such a great run. I have to say that at half time I thought we’d run out of ideas. 

Kudos to the Annan fans who stayed at the end and applauded the Clyde team. That was class. As for the few Clyde fans who were goading the Annan fans from the pitch, shameful. No place for that at all. Was embarrassing. 

However, I’m hoarse and slightly emotional. And I’m now having a well earned pint ! 

13 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Only decent thing about Clyde was Jamsey Lad and even he's fucked off.

Aye, I think Shaggro took him with him (make of that what you will :unsure2:).

Ok next season you in 1 us in 2. Then we get promoted to 1 while you get relegated to 2. Is that clear enough?

Still making an arse of it.
SLW posted he hoped it would be a long time till we meet again.
Your post (if you can work it out) says we will bypass each other.
Is that clear enough? 🤡

9 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Stick to the day job being the village idiot! 

GIRUY 

Im not saying it wasnt a penalty as i didnt have a great view of it but there wasnt a big shout from the home fans when it happened.was it a pen?

I thought Bobby Madden had a very good game today. He was not taking Annan’s play acting and time wasting at all. Didn’t let the physio on unless someone was clearly injured (compare that to Tuesday) and penalised the yard stealing at throw ins early on (again, compare that to Tuesday ! ). 

I didn’t see the penalty incident but what was notable to me was that Annan players didn’t put up much of an argument which tells a story. Hand ball I think. 

I said on the first quarter thread, and then again on the thread for the last LEAGUE game against Edinburgh city I fancied Clyde to go up.
Well done guys, thoroughly deserved over the last 18 months and the least that wee Lennon deserves.
I reserve the right to change my mind after the first Airdrie v Clyde match thread though!
Enjoy your night.

Well done Clyde.

Some of the Clyde threads on here have been cringeworthy at times, but can't doubt the passion of the fans for your club. For that reason I hope you have a great night and enjoy League 1 when it comes. Suspect you might do pretty well next season.

Condolences to Annan fans. Wouldn't be surprised to see you challenging for the title next year.

Now I’ve left the stadium and am home I can offer a much more reasoned response. 

Firstly, commiserations to Annan. That team isn’t bad at all and I think Murphy has done a really good job on, I’m sure, a limited budget. Add wisely in the summer and you won’t be far away next year. Safe journey back home to all.

Onto Clyde, it was a much better performance today. We had a lot more pace in the team and played the ball through the midfield pretty effectively. Enjoyed the better of the game but was beginning to fear the worst once Annan’s goalie was pulling out some cracking saves. We also endured some hairy moments and I was very relieved when the late chances sailed over the bar too. Once the equaliser went in, I was thinking we’d go on to win. After Goodwillie went off, I wasn’t so sure again. Real credit to the boys for going on getting the second. I cannot tell a lie, Ally Love is not my favourite player but by Christ, he’s popped up with some huge goals this year. Cracking penalty too to spark some #scenes. No failures today but McStay was phenomenal. Probably my MOTM.

I feel Clyde were the deserved winners over the two-legs. A very close game on Tuesday but I felt we were well ahead today. Always nice to see a Clyde team play attractive football too. Having been going to Clyde games since I was 9, it’s brilliant to have seen us finally achieve something. My previous efforts were the Challenge Cup Final in 2006 and the previous play-off final. Danny and Moorey have done a great job and we have a big summer coming up. If we can keep most of this squad together, I see no reason why can’t go up and have another good season in League One.

Fantastic stuff! :thumsup2