Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

34 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
You'd think they'd all be supporting us. We've done our bit, boosting crowds for the less fortunate over the last decade or so. About time the diddy clubs started giving us the respect we deserve. 

Sounding like an OF fan. Are Clyde your wee team?

My Bully Wee team. 

Whilst I don’t think changing the starting XI was the correct move I can’t understand Nicoll bearing the brunt of the moans.

On individual performance (I know this isn’t the same as collectively) he was probably our best midfielder last night. He showed a bit of grit the others are lacking and won his tackles, he kept his discipline to avoid becoming a liability on a booking, in the second half in particular he was making good passes into feet of the forward players and had a decent strike from range just off target.

Maybe Lamont had a knock and Lennon didn’t want to risk him for the full 90mins. Things didn’t go our way but it’s only half time in the tie and only a single goal deficit. Needing to win the home leg was always a given and nothing has changed in that regard.

Let’s keep believing and keep supporting the players instead of turning on individuals.

2 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

Amusing that you know it’s a perfume emoji182.png

Why, what do you buy your wife for Xmas? No, on second thought, PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

I thought up until Annan's late 'antics" back in March they were more than a match for Clyde. Annan will fancy their chances of getting a goal on Saturday. 

Based on what I saw at last month's game v QP at Hampden they are nothing fancy, but extremely resilient and can soak up a lot of pressure whilst providing a serious threat in counter-attacks.

2 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

I thought up until Annan's late 'antics" back in March they were more than a match for Clyde. Annan will fancy their chances of getting a goal on Saturday. 

In that game they lost a goal, cheated a penalty, got our GK sent off and conceded a 93rd min pen...more than a match?

Many would say we were poor from back to front last night but Annan only carry a 1 goal advantage. Do they have more in their locker?

We know we can, and probably will be better on Saturday. If I was an Annan fan, I don't think I'd be counting any poultry.  We should have some confidence; let's talk the team up.

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

Based on what I saw at last month's game v QP at Hampden they are nothing fancy, but extremely resilient and can soak up a lot of pressure whilst providing a serious threat in counter-attacks.

Agree. Clyde  never saw us at  our best  counter attacking last  night , I think the big pitch will suit us.

In that game they lost a goal, cheated a penalty, got our GK sent off and conceded a 93rd min pen...more than a match?
Many would say we were poor from back to front last night but Annan only carry a 1 goal advantage. Do they have more in their locker?
We know we can, and probably will be better on Saturday. If I was an Annan fan, I don't think I'd be counting any poultry.  We should have some confidence; let's talk the team up.

Yes Annan do have more in there Locker.
I don’t think any Annan fans are counting any poultry yet.
Annan have one goal advantage going into Saturdays game. I am confident Annan can score at least one goal on Saturday. Meaning Clyde will need to score at least 3 goals to win this tie. I can’t see Annan losing 3 goals.

2 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Yes Annan do have more in there Locker.
I don’t think any Annan fans are counting any poultry yet.
Annan have one goal advantage going into Saturdays game. I am confident Annan can score at least one goal on Saturday. Meaning Clyde will need to score at least 3 goals to win this tie. I can’t see Annan losing 3 goals.

If Annan score, Clyde could score 2 and win on penalties. 

Agree. Clyde  never saw us at  our best  counter attacking last  night , I think the big pitch will suit us.

Really?
No goals in 3 hours at Broadwood this season [emoji38].
3 hrs ? Eh  Larry  you beat  us 2-1  in March !
I don't think a dodgy penalty from a set-piece counts as wonderful counterattacking.

listened to Annan manager PM
sounds a nice guy talked a lot of sense was hoping a good support would head up the road and Saturday Annan doing anything to encourage free buses etc should be a cracking atmosphere big noisy Clyde support, always better with a right good away support as well
looking forward to this one should be a right nerve jangler [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

listened to Annan manager PM
sounds a nice guy talked a lot of sense was hoping a good support would head up the road and Saturday Annan doing anything to encourage free buses etc should be a cracking atmosphere big noisy Clyde support, always better with a right good away support as well
looking forward to this one should be a right nerve jangler emoji23.png

Any chance we could open another stand for this? If the weather holds out, we could get a lot of neutrals plus we're likely to have our biggest home crowd for a good few seasons. 

If Annan aren't expected to have enough fans to justify opening the away stand, we could always stick them behind the goals? Would make for a much better atmosphere.