Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

For me Banks has to start on Saturday. We lacked someone with real pace who could get past their back line time and time again and swing a good ball in or get himself through on goal. The bigger pitch at Broadwood will suit him and us in that respect.

Banks has the skill and pace to beat their defence with ease and we should make the most of that from the off this weekend.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

you must have a right good GIRUY post sitting in your drafts box emoji6.png

you know how popular Clyde fans are with the rest of us cfcuk, but somehow I don't think I'm the only one ;)

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

How did your last home leg in a final work out for you?

Can't be arsed to check but it must have worked out okay in the long run. We just finished 41 (forty-one) points ahead of our opponents that day and are competing for promotion, while they are dreaming of finishing above Albion Rovers to hold onto ninth place next season. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Can't be arsed to check but it must have worked out okay in the long run. We just finished 41 (forty-one) points ahead of our opponents that day and are competing for promotion, while they are dreaming of finishing above Albion Rovers to hold onto ninth place next season. 

9/10 for dexterity bwv

22 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

P&B L2 is going to be so much better next season if you do go up! :thumsup2

fixed that for you bws

Edited by The Spider

25 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Do you honestly believe that Clyde will go up?

By the same token to you honestly believe Annan are now promoted?  There is still one match to be played in which a lot can happen.  We have not lost at Broadwood since October, including beating Annan with 10 men in this timeframe.  Both sets of fans  have every right to be confident either can go up at this stage.  

Firstly the way some are going that we had 11 x Kevin Nicols om the park...

So to all you know it all's how many ball winning midfielders do we have in this squad minus rankin n say cuddihy??!...

1-11 we were piss poor. Stop getting on at the supposidly weak link at every oppourinity..

Opinions one thing

I was thinking the same.

How about as examples:

Grant, who continuously took so long to control the ball that his final touch was a tackle. He also allowed the 5' 0" Annan player to out-muscle him for the goal.

McStay, who kept trying to run with the ball losing possession almost every time.

Duffie, who despite being on acres of space did not put in one dangerous cross, rarely beating the first defender.

Goodwillie, who missed a penalty even when the goalkeeper choose to lie down at one side of the goal before Goodwillie even made contact with the ball.

Currie, who kicked the ball everywhere except to a Clyde shirt.

Syvertsen, who created nothing and never got past his opposite number.

Boyle, who made absolutely no difference when he came on. Pointless substitute

I could go on..

Why is Nicoll being singled out?

Almost the whole team was poor last night. Everyone of them is a better player than they showed last night.

Saturday it's their chance to put it right.

They'd better!!!

The situation is far from ideal, but an early goal levels the tie and with someone like David Goodwillie you've got the ability to grab a goal from ostensibly nothing when he's in the mood.

Criticism of Nicoll isn't really criticism of the man himself. Lennon likes to refer to players as tools; last night he tried to use a sledgehammer to put in a screw. As has been said, it's no coincidence that our insane form this season came when Nicoll was dropped and his primary function became appearing as a sub to help us close out games. I hope we need him for that purpose on Saturday, because that's when he is at his best.

A 1-0 home win in a play-off when there is no away goal rule is a 'Level Par' performance. Both sides would be expecting to win their home leg, so to win it by the smallest possible margin is an okay result, but not great. I'm assuming Clyde would have expected to beat Annan in the home leg, and if they do that the worst they'll get is 30 mins extra-time to play in their own stadium. Haven't a clue what either team is like so wouldn't comment from that point of view, but the result from the first leg makes it still close to a 50/50 shot with who goes through.

Unless you win by two goals on Saturday, it could have been 141 points ahead and made no difference.

You'd think they'd all be supporting us. We've done our bit, boosting crowds for the less fortunate over the last decade or so. About time the diddy clubs started giving us the respect we deserve. 
Sounding like an OF fan. Are Clyde your wee team?

nicoll is one of these players that cops the blame if we get beat while others no matter what they do get off Scot free
I wasn't there so can't comment on his or others performance, what I will say is I'm a firm believer if the team is playing well I wouldn't have changed but that's what the manager gets paid for . players getting singled is really just football , everyone had favourites and villains I see players on he lauded and they have contributed next to nothing all season Most important thing is we get a result Saturday Personally I think we need to forget about Annan and play to our strengths If we don't play well Saturday we won't go up simple as that Its only one goal This is where we will really see the measure of our squad have they the mentality to handle a big game we will find out Saturday one way or the other