Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Had a feeling he'd switch it up last night.  I understand the thinking but it's the wrong thing to do.  We've made an unnecessary accommodation for Annan which ended up playing a bit more to their strengths than ours.  Warm night, you want the guys that are good on the ball, move them about all game, they'd have been out on their legs with 10 or 15 to go.

Likely the idea was make sure we're still in it for Saturday, which we are, and but for a missed pen would've been a stronger position.  Annan are very well organized set up first and foremost not to get beat, rigid and structured.  This is where guys like Banks etc are a nightmare for them, they want something more predictable playing in front of them.

Home or away in any game, Annan will be Annan and fair play to them, but we know exactly what to expect.  Clyde should be a very different animal on Saturday - they'll clearly need to be - but if we get back playing to our strengths at home, still fancy us to win. If it was more than a one goal deficit, maybe a different story.

9 hours ago, Clydeontheup said:

On a separate note, any other Clyde fans hear Chris Johnston bear enough tell us he’s signing for Clyde ?

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

I heard Clyde were wanting to sign Chris Johnston but he doesn’t want to play in division 2 next season.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

His comment certainly confirmed we are interested in signing him, who wouldn't be at this level, but there's no way he's making a decision at this stage.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Would love to have Johnston in our team but can only see that happening if we go up.

you would think there would be a conflict of interest in that case, and yet it's his goal that separates the sides?

7 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

If Annan score first we'd be  as well going home. 

That's over-dramatic nonsense.

If Annan score first it will make it incredibly hard, suit them perfectly as they'll be able to sit in even more, but with our form this season do you really think we couldn't possibly come back to win 2-1 and take it to extra time, at the very least.

Had a feeling he'd switch it up last night.  I understand the thinking but it's the wrong thing to do.  We've made an unnecessary accommodation for Annan which ended up playing a bit more to their strengths than ours.  Warm night, you want the guys that are good on the ball, move them about all game, they'd have been out on their legs with 10 or 15 to go.
Likely the idea was make sure we're still in it for Saturday, which we are, and but for a missed pen would've been a stronger position.  Annan are very well organized set up first and foremost not to get beat, rigid and structured.  This is where guys like Banks etc are a nightmare for them, they want something more predictable playing in front of them.
Home or away in any game, Annan will be Annan and fair play to them, but we know exactly what to expect.  Clyde should be a very different animal on Saturday - they'll clearly need to be - but if we get back playing to our strengths at home, still fancy us to win. If it was more than a one goal deficit, maybe a different story.
I agree I think Lennon's first thought was not too lose by more than one , which for me is strange thinking considering we hadn't lost to Annan in something like 10 games That said you can't factor DGW missing a penalty inside 10 mins. Totally different game Saturday, We have to start with a high tempo and shift the ball quickly
Rankin and Cuddhy are big misses to the team but we still have enough to win the tie Tough game ahead but it's there for the taking up to management and more importantly the players to step up to the plate Big crowd Big expectation so it's basically time to p**s or get off the pot ( as my old man like to put it [emoji23])

I'd be questioning his professionalism if he wasnt giving 100% for Annan.

he hasn't signed for us has he ?

well why wouldn't he be not giving his all I think if Annan go up its prettg unlikely he is going to sign for us most likely keeping his options open

10 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

No doubt Annan are a decent side and a hard nut to crack but surely it can’t be enjoyable watching that utter shithousery every week.

It wouldnt be I agree, but thankfully its  nothing like that every week. I didn't enjoy those tactics and didn't enjoy the game, two good sides in great form who've been playing some good stuff lately.... should've been a cracker, but was of course a scrappy and frustrating watch.

10 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

One poorly defended long throw aside there really wasn’t much in it. Neither keeper has had a save of note despite what the stats say.

There wasn't much in it no, but the stats are correct. Annan did have a lot of efforts on target but almost all of them were tame and right at Currie. At least 2 Nade headers and his half hit volley for example.

I'm delighted Annan have some sort of lead, but fear it won't be enough. An early Clyde goal on Saturday and they have the momentum. Annan could and maybe should have scored on the break late on last night, I hope it's tight enough for long enough at Broadwood that there's a few more breakaway chances, and that this time one of them counts.

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

His comment certainly confirmed we are interested in signing him, who wouldn't be at this level, but there's no way he's making a decision at this stage.

Excuse my ignorance but what comment was that?

24 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Excuse my ignorance but what comment was that?

Clyde fan shouted something at him as he came over to take a corner.
Johnston (words to the effect of) - Don’t do/say that if you want me here next year.
Clyde fan (words to the effect of) - I don’t care if you’re at Annan next year. I’d take you at Clyde though.
Johnston – That’s what I meant.

He definitely gave the impression he knows we're interested but that was about it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

20 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Clyde fan shouted something at him as he came over to take a corner.
Johnston (words to the effect of) - Don’t do/say that if you want me here next year.
Clyde fan (words to the effect of) - I don’t care if you’re at Annan next year. I’d take you at Clyde though.
Johnston – That’s what I meant.

He definitely gave the impression he knows we're interested but that was about it.

:lol: Clyde fan in being a complete idiot shocker. Imagine a footballer having to explain things to you.

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

#tryingtoohard

Unlike Goodwillie's penalty last night? Be a real shame if that moment / your admin cock-up / "irrelevant" teams like QP taking points off you (delete as applicable) came back to haunt you by Saturday evening, but obviously all at QP wish you the very best of luck in the second leg as this league's just too low for a big club like Clyde.

Unlike Goodwillie's penalty last night? Be a real shame if that moment / your admin cock-up / "irrelevant" teams like QP taking points off you (delete as applicable) came back to haunt you by Saturday evening, but obviously all at QP wish you the very best of luck in the second leg as this league's just too low for a big club like Clyde.
you must have a right good GIRUY post sitting in your drafts box [emoji6]

Obsession is a terrible thing spider girl .

Firstly the way some are going that we had 11 x Kevin Nicols om the park...

So to all you know it all's how many ball winning midfielders do we have in this squad minus rankin n say cuddihy??!...

1-11 we were piss poor. Stop getting on at the supposidly weak link at every oppourinity..

Opinions one thing

Christ Annan are a horrible team to play. Was 48 mins when they started seriously wasting time, worse than QP under Gus McPherson.

Was surprised at the size of their home support, just goes to show how much excitement these playoffs can generate