Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Great chance to take control of the tie squandered by Goodwillie, who is progressively finding more exceptional ways to defy belief in front of goal. Remarkable stuff, relieved still to be in with a shout but that's a very poor result this evening. I'd hoped Nicoll would prove me wrong, but I can't say I'm surprised to hear he had a poor game. Lennon's one blind spot.

We were rank. Totally devoid of ideas. Don’t understand why he played Nicol. Gives us nothing going forward. Slow as a week in jail. And bringing on Boyle ? Not for me. 

Lennon got it wrong tonight in my view. Not happy. But hey, at least we get another shot at it. 

Ach well, take what you can get in these kind of games, 1-0 isn’t a disaster I suppose.

Hopefully back to last Saturday selection and take it from there, still all to play for and huge improvement from last season.

Bring on Saturday!

Had a lot more of the ball in the second half without creating much.

We were far too slow in possession and most of the the midfield was guilty of hanging onto the ball too long and losing it to an Annan player. We really need to go back to the starting line-up we had against Elgin.

This team is more than capable of turning it around but next goal is crucial and really need Goodwillie to find his shooting boots for Saturday.

I'd get Currie to f**k for Saturday, too. Been a nightmare: sold the Peterhead game (3-3). Given us the gitters all season and all behind the tightest, comfiest defence we've had for... As long we can collectively remember.

3 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

I'd get Currie to f**k for Saturday, too. Been a nightmare: sold the Peterhead game (3-3). Given us the gitters all season and all behind the tightest, comfiest defence we've had for... As long we can collectively remember.

Maybe look at the number 9

1 hour ago, Garrowhillclyde said:

What a joke of a club Annan are. No bogs or carting in the away end for their biggest crowd of the year.  Don't even know it there were turn styles open. Didn't want to risk going to the away end

So it turned out an uncomfortable night for the Clyde fannies with no facilities to sit & relieve themselves, is the carting a new attraction at Galabank. 

Poor all round tonight. If Goodie scores the pen it's a different game. Brutal defending to let Johnstone bring down that cross in the 6 yard box, take 2 or 3 touches and then get his shot away. I think it was Grant marking him, he has to be much stronger there.

Thought overall we had more possession but we were wasteful going forward and every decision was the wrong one. both teams had chances to score too. Draw wouldve been a fair result. But like Cowdenbeath, annan dealt with our pish attacking and tactics well.

Still, it's only 1-0 and 90 left to play at Broadwood. Need everyone to turn up and be on their game on Saturday. 

Nicol proved my point again tonight. He is an absolute hindrance on that team. He won a few good tackles tonight but apart from that he is murder. Grant was uncharacteristically poor with his passing and touch too. Goodie looked pissed off in the end as well. Duffie needs to learn how to get a cross past the first man too

I realise I've went from trying to be positive to ranting but we shite the bed every big game like this. 

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Says a fan of a club whose pitch is surrounded by oversized tyres...

Is there a specific measurement of tyres I’m unaware of that determines these ones are oversized? Thanks.

Fail to understand why managers, including decent ones decide to revert to physicality and height when perceived to be in a pressure situation, creativity goes out the window, baffling tonight!

We blew Edinburgh City away on Saturday yet we change set up, strange. I know why he did it, but mistake as predicted. Fortunately all is not lost yet, but uphill battle now as Annan have something to defend and are dangerous in their own right.

Deserved win for Annan tonight. Unlucky not to make it 2 at the end. We'll find it tough on Saturday if we sit back and allow Clyde to come at us like we did most of the second half but we defended well and I'm confident we can see it through.