Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

3 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Always bit suprised why Shed dont do pub grub....

They make enough on the booze.Probably all the health & safety demands put them off doing food.Really no room for a kitchen  but the Corner House Hotel attached has a coffee lounge.

Interesting reading on this thread and recent Annan match threads. Most Clyde fans seem convinced Annan are nothing more than a tough bunch of hammer throwers, the kind of team they struggle against apparently despite results saying otherwise. Fans of other teams acknowledge Annan as a decent team capable of playing good football with a clever manager in charge.

I remember at the start of last season seeing a young Annan team outplay Peterhead but ultimately being bullied into a defeat by a tougher, smarter side.

What I see now is a young team that has grown, developed, wisend and yes toughened up. A lot of them were at QoS youth teams together so they'll have played together for a number of years. Maybe they, and Peter Murphy, have learned how to play tough when needed, they no longer get bullied out of games, and from what folk are saying Clyde don't like it. I would see that as a credit to the manager rather than a knock against Annan, but then again 10 points from 12 this season suggests that maybe Clyde shouldn't complain as it's clearly not been effective enough. 

This first leg could go either way. Hopefully we see the Annan side that Stenny saw, and not the one that Clyde seem to think they are. If Annan take any sort of lead to Broadwood the 2nd leg will be too close to call. If it's even or Clyde are ahead, then the Bully Wee progress. 

I was impressed with Annan in the game down there. Even though they got fortunate with a late deflection. No clyde fan is over confident. But we have faith( for the 1st time in years) in our manager and players. 

Edited by Bullyme

I think half the reason a few of us are nervous and coming across as lacking in confidence for this one is down to the ramifications if we don't go up this year. That and it's Clyde and we never do it the easy way!!

Fortunately for Clyde the head coach and players won't carry that baggage. Clyde to win by two clear goals over both legs.

Would like to see Coghill on from the start.Problem is -who to leave out?

Where would you play him?

Can’t change Rumsby / Lang and is worse LB than McNiff. Certainly an option last 10 defending a lead but can’t see advantage of bringing him in for sake of it.

Interesting reading on this thread and recent Annan match threads. Most Clyde fans seem convinced Annan are nothing more than a tough bunch of hammer throwers, the kind of team they struggle against apparently despite results saying otherwise. Fans of other teams acknowledge Annan as a decent team capable of playing good football with a clever manager in charge.
I remember at the start of last season seeing a young Annan team outplay Peterhead but ultimately being bullied into a defeat by a tougher, smarter side.
What I see now is a young team that has grown, developed, wisend and yes toughened up. A lot of them were at QoS youth teams together so they'll have played together for a number of years. Maybe they, and Peter Murphy, have learned how to play tough when needed, they no longer get bullied out of games, and from what folk are saying Clyde don't like it. I would see that as a credit to the manager rather than a knock against Annan, but then again 10 points from 12 this season suggests that maybe Clyde shouldn't complain as it's clearly not been effective enough. 
This first leg could go either way. Hopefully we see the Annan side that Stenny saw, and not the one that Clyde seem to think they are. If Annan take any sort of lead to Broadwood the 2nd leg will be too close to call. If it's even or Clyde are ahead, then the Bully Wee progress. 
absolute myth Annan are over physical this is based on the 1 1 draw couple of months ago . In Lang Rumbsy Mcniff ,cogill even Duffie we have big strong players. Annan are on a great run as we are If we bring our A game we get promoted .I think a lot will come down to how both sets of players handle the pressure of a final play off. Should be a couple of nerve janglers and isn't that why we all love Football I have said this I would have rather played Annan in the final than stenny we know exactly what to expect and having not lost to them a season hopefully that's a phycological advantage So two teams bang in form over two games best team goes up
finally just hope it's not decided by a poor refereeing decision ( unless it's for us [emoji6])

Annan 1 Clyde 2

Don’t know why we’d change the defence to bring Cogill back in, I like him but why change a defence which hasn’t been conceding goals. 

This will be a difficult tie, especially down at Annan. We’ve been playing well though and hopeful we can at least take a draw back to broadwood. 

Don’t know why we’d change the defence to bring Cogill back in, I like him but why change a defence which hasn’t been conceding goals. 
This will be a difficult tie, especially down at Annan. We’ve been playing well though and hopeful we can at least take a draw back to broadwood. 
a draw behave yourself a win [emoji16]

The last game down in Annan Coghill was superb in dealing with the high balls being thumped in. Duffie is not so good in the air but admittedly is good going forward.

My wanting Coghill in is no criticism of any player,merely trying to combat what will be in front of us.

Regardless,cannot wait for the game .

Looking forward to this despite the nerves. I think it will be competitive but I'm going to be optimistic and say 2-0 win for Clyde. I just hope we go all out for the win from the first whistle - don't see the point in playing it cagey as we are the better team. Let's put the tie to bed tonight.

I know it's a bit of a trek, particularly for a Tuesday night, but here's hoping we travel down in droves and drown out the Annan faithful.

MON THE BULLY WEE!!! 

I think we can cope quite well with most high balls played in with our back 4.

Ironically I'd be more wary of potential damage that Johnstone could inflict,  probably smallest and least physical player on the park tonight .. smashing player, probably only one I would have starting in Clyde team at present. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

It's got to be the same starting XI tonight barring any injuries. Why change a winning formula?

Very nervous about tonight but as I've said previously that's more down to what could happen if we dont go up rather than about Annan although they are on a very very good run of form just now and cant be underestimated. Take Johnstone out the game and we will win imo.

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I think we can cope quite well with most high balls played in with our back 4.

Ironically I'd be more wary of potential damage that Johnstone could inflict,  probably smallest and least physical player on the park tonight .. smashing player, probably only one I would have starting in Clyde team at present. 

For me, we've struggled to deal with their physicality in the middle of the pitch both in the 1-1 game and also the 2-1 at Broadwood; Grant and McStay have struggled to get the better of Moxon, Bradley and the other guy whose name I forget.