Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

we have beat Annan 3 out of 4 games this season and after yesterday performance some are in a near panic playing them in the play offs . Annan should be a lot more worried facing us but don't see any of their fans talking Clyde up . Get a grip we have a fantastic squad playing really well . we will win both legs
bookmark it

100% agree, finally someone says it as it is, I would be more worried if I was an Annan supporter.

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

we have beat Annan 3 out of 4 games this season and after yesterday performance some are in a near panic playing them in the play offs . Annan should be a lot more worried facing us but don't see any of their fans talking Clyde up . Get a grip we have a fantastic squad playing really well . we will win both legs
bookmark it

100% agree, finally someone says it as it is, I would be more worried if I was an Annan supporter.

Would expect it will be tougher than Edinburgh but we've got a very good team for this level and no reason why we can't win.

The whole team played well on Saturday but Lang at the back, Grant in midfield and Goodwillie up top were all first class. They're night and day compared to the players we've had in recent previous seasons.

If we play as we did on Saturday. we'll win.

If we play as we did against Cowdenbeath, or 2nd half away to Edinburgh, we won't.

I've got confidence in the manager and these players, so , hopefully we'll be in Divsion 1 next season - although I fully expect a very difficult couple of games to get there.

Annan are a good team and for me the team that’s gave us both the best games and toughest challenges this season but we have to go into the game confident considering;
Last 10 games against Annan, Clyde have won 6 and drawn 4.

Annan haven’t lost at home since December and have only dropped points twice since then at home and one of them was a draw with Clyde.

Annan are 8 games unbeaten, winning 7 of them, their last loss was against Clyde.

Clyde have beaten Annan 3 times this season with the other result being a draw in which Goodwillie wasn’t playing.

6 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Ok for all the Clyde fans in a panic about playing the Annan gallacticos who in there team would you put in our starting 11 ,

My  only worry is Goodwillie. That apart you will see a different animal on Tuesday.Welcome to the jungle.  Peter's  murauders are ready to rock and roll.

Reading through all the posts on here it’s the Clyde supporters that are worried not the Annan supporters.
Both games will be close but I believe Annan can do it

22 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Reading through all the posts on here it’s the Clyde supporters that are worried not the Annan supporters.

That’s maybe because there aren’t many posts from Annan fans. There’s no doubt that we will find Annan difficult. Not being disrespectful to Annan but they are a big strong physical side and we find it difficult against sides like that. We’re not the biggest physically so it’ll be tough. I remember that 1-1 game at Annan in February and Annan battered Clyde that day. 

As I say, I’m not trying to be disrespectful here, just my opinion. There’s no doubt Annan are a good side with some good footballers and have head to head with Clyde in terms of form since Christmas. Key to me, particularly away, will be our ability to hold onto the ball in midfield and try to impose our own style on the game. In that 1-1 game, we simply couldn’t keep the ball and ended up being overrun for much of the match. 

exactly my point If this was peterhead I would have a good bit of trepidation going up there on Tuesday Good on the Annan fans on here backing their team to the hilt
while a some of us are only talking up the opposition , end of the day it's about what Clyde do over the two games if we bring our A game which I'm sure we will then we will get promoted
these games are the reason both sets of fans follow our clubs two big games a prize of promotion at the end [emoji106]

Annan are a good team and for me the team that’s gave us both the best games and toughest challenges this season but we have to go into the game confident considering;
Last 10 games against Annan, Clyde have won 6 and drawn 4.

Annan haven’t lost at home since December and have only dropped points twice since then at home and one of them was a draw with Clyde.

Annan are 8 games unbeaten, winning 7 of them, their last loss was against Clyde.

Clyde have beaten Annan 3 times this season with the other result being a draw in which Goodwillie wasn’t playing.
toughest challenge ?
peterhead beat us twice

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

My  only worry is Goodwillie. That apart you will see a different animal on Tuesday.Welcome to the jungle.  Peter's  murauders are ready to rock and roll.

Seen all 4 Annan games this season,  always saw them as animals,  good to have it confirmed.

I'm pretty confident that if we can get a result at Galabank tomorrow night then we'll be able to hold Clyde on Saturday. Murphy has us playing and especially defending well. It'll be a tough ask against a good Clyde side but I absolutely think we can do it.

Tuesday - Annan 2-1 Clyde
Saturday- Annan 1-1 Clyde

5 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

I'm pretty confident that if we can get a result at Galabank tomorrow night then we'll be able to hold Clyde on Saturday. Murphy has us playing and especially defending well. It'll be a tough ask against a good Clyde side but I absolutely think we can do it.

Tuesday - Annan 2-1 Clyde
Saturday- Annan 1-1 Clyde

Sounds fair enough, get those advertising boards moved as close to the touchlines as possible & play them off the cushions, they don't like it up them.

Not football related but looking for some assistance from the Annan supporters...

Looking to head down early tomorow with the auld man & wondering if there is anywhere decent to grab a late lunch/early dinner in the town?

Been to Annan on numerous occasions but always tends to be the train & straight to the pub. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, cheers!

Edited by BroadwoodBoy

Not football related but looking for some assistance from the Annan supporters...

Looking to head down early tomorow with the auld man & wondering if there is anywhere decent to grab a late lunch/early dinner in the town?

Been to Annan on numerous occasions but also tends to be the train & straight to the pub. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, cheers!
Your best bet would be the Queensberry arms hotel or the Cafe Royal chippy both on the high st.