Annan v Clyde/ Clyde v Annan

Annan won’t let us play at all so this is going to be a battle. Every game we’ve played them has been hard. However, all they’ve managed is a point against us with a late deflected equaliser at Annan back in February, so we can battle too. I don’t think I’d change the starting 11 for this one. I’d probably keep Duffie in even if Cuddihy is fit as he has played well and has some extra height which we will need against a very big team. I also wonder if Nicol could be in with a shout on Tuesday because of this. We would however lose the energy of whoever dropped out. 

12 minutes ago, sydney said:

Annan won’t let us play at all so this is going to be a battle. Every game we’ve played them has been hard. However, all they’ve managed is a point against us with a late deflected equaliser at Annan back in February, so we can battle too. I don’t think I’d change the starting 11 for this one. I’d probably keep Duffie in even if Cuddihy is fit as he has played well and has some extra height which we will need against a very big team. I also wonder if Nicol could be in with a shout on Tuesday because of this. We would however lose the energy of whoever dropped out. 

Annan are probably the best in the league just now. Really can’t see Clyde getting anything unless DGW pulls his socks up.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

2 assists and a goal today. Hes pulled 1 up at least...

Fantastic shift from DG today.  We could not have asked for more.  Two assists and a goal!  Annan will not be easy.  But we have taken 10 points from them already this season.  Let's remember that.

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

2 assists and a goal today. Hes pulled 1 up at least...

Spot on BWS, he was superb today. I’ll even forgive him his sitter in the first half ! His run for the first was simply superb, his ball into Love was perfectly weighted and his header (above players half a foot taller than him) was perfect. Aye, he’s shite ! Lol 

Spot on BWS, he was superb today. I’ll even forgive him his sitter in the first half ! His run for the first was simply superb, his ball into Love was perfectly weighted and his header (above players half a foot taller than him) was perfect. Aye, he’s shite ! Lol 
Exactly. Cowdenbeath fans should be more worried about their teams result today. Oh wait...

I really liked our defensive shape today with the fairly rigid bank of four in midfield - Love protecting/pressing well ahead of McNiff and Lamont doing the same with Duffie. Annan's main threat will come down our left side through Hooper and Johnston, so I'm glad we looked so steady there today. If Cuddihy is fit then, despite a good all-round performance today, Syvertsen would probably be my casualty for Tuesday against a side with more needle than Edinburgh, with either Cuddihy or Lamont taking up the role in support of Goodwillie. If not, then I wouldn't have any qualms about us fielding the exact same line-up. Love looks much more comfortable out wide than he has done when deployed up front; I thought he had a right good game today, soldiering on through an ankle roll in the warm-up and then a dead leg picked up during the match. 

A win or a draw on Tuesday and I can't see us failing to win over two legs. The games will be tight and scrappy and may even descend into outright battles at times but every single player of ours can stand up to a physical challenge. Hopefully we can bring our A game and our quality will shine through in the end.

Annan are probably the best in the league just now. Really can’t see Clyde getting anything unless DGW pulls his socks up.

I can see where you are coming from given what you may have seen from us when we played Cowdenbeath.

On today’s evidence we are night and day from that. Really impressive first hour on Tuesday and today was probably best performance I’ve seen from a Clyde team in 10 years, honestly we were very good. Goodwillie really stepped up today (and was good Tuesday) but allied to that everyone was impressive.

That’s said Annan will be really tough, can’t argue with what they have done this year and to go through against Stenny, quite comfortably by all accounts, is enough evidence to suggest that this is a 50 / 50 match. Should be a nervous and exciting affair. Just delighted to be there.

Finally... Lennon and Moore’s tactics and set up was spot on, took on board Tuesday’s game and tweaked set up brilliantly. We are lucky to have them.

2 hours ago, sydney said:

Any idea where we’ll be accommodated at Galabank on Tuesday ? I think we’ll have a big support there even considering its midweek and a few miles away. 

Open terracing at the top end and a Reaso nable section of the Stand.

Weather prediction good so fine.Reckon 1,000 plus crowd

Our guys will need to be able to handle this mobs dirty tactics and play their own game.
Our record against them shows we should win both games.
Really looking forward to shutting up the bigmouths from Annan.
Team selection? I’ll leave that to Danny in confidence.
Score in first game? 1 - 0 to the Clyde.

Fantastic shift from DG today.  We could not have asked for more.  Two assists and a goal!  Annan will not be easy.  But we have taken 10 points from them already this season.  Let's remember that.

That’s true you have taken 10 points from us this season.
All games between the two teams have been close.
This is both teams cup final so past results mean nothing.

I believe The physical and skilful Annan side will too good for the Clyde softies.

10 minutes ago, marco44 said:

That’s true you have taken 10 points from us this season.
All games between the two teams have been close.
This is both teams cup final so past results mean nothing.

I believe The physical and skilful Annan side will too good for the Clyde softies.

Only skilful player you's have is Johnstone the rest are absolute cloggers. That said it going to be a really tough game over the two legs just hope that proper football prevails.