ali_91

Hamilton - St Johnstone - May 18th

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you were any denser, scientists would study you.

16vmpl.gif

Not that it's even the right thread, but did the buddies not only have themselves to blame anyway? If they'd beaten us the week before would it not have been fine? My memory has them chucking a lead long before Alan chucked the goals.

As for 'that' game, i'd have laughed if I was an accies fan, nobody wants to see another team winning something at their ground.

Boss Tommy Wright has admitted he is likely to offer several of the club's young stars the opportunity to impress at New Douglas Park. 

Wright told PA Sport: "We have done our work early so have earned the right to put out whatever team we see fit on Saturday. I've got to look to next season and I'm sure Oran (Kearney) would be thinking the same in my shoes."

The Northern Irishman, who earlier this week told young defender Aaron Comrie that he wasn't in his plans moving forward, is likely to include the likes of Auchterarder pair Euan O'Reilly (17) and Ben Quigley (18) and midfielders Jamie McKenzie (17) and Cammy Ballantyne (18) in the squad headed to Lanarkshire. 

A couple of Wright's first team stalwarts, defenders Jason Kerr and Richard Foster, are one booking away from a suspension so definitely won't feature against the Accies whilst winger Matty Kennedy has been allowed off a week early after featuring in every game this season. 

Saturday's game kicks off at 12:30pm with the squad heading back to Perth post-match for the club's Player of the Year awards. 

Good that tommy sounds like he’s happy to bend over on Saturday. Shame we are absolutely terrible and would struggle to beat any team st Johnstone will put out.

12 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Not that it's even the right thread, but did the buddies not only have themselves to blame anyway? If they'd beaten us the week before would it not have been fine? My memory has them chucking a lead long before Alan chucked the goals.

As for 'that' game, i'd have laughed if I was an accies fan, nobody wants to see another team winning something at their ground.

The wee saints would have been relegated even if we'd beaten the Arabs. Because they were shite. But of course that doesn't suit their need to be victims.

Big Tam is throwing this game, heard it from the horses mouth in the pub last weekend. Whether young Euan takes this on board or not is another matter,  think he'll impress against Accies. 

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

Boss Tommy Wright has admitted he is likely to offer several of the club's young stars the opportunity to impress at New Douglas Park. 

Wright told PA Sport: "We have done our work early so have earned the right to put out whatever team we see fit on Saturday. I've got to look to next season and I'm sure Oran (Kearney) would be thinking the same in my shoes."

The Northern Irishman, who earlier this week told young defender Aaron Comrie that he wasn't in his plans moving forward, is likely to include the likes of Auchterarder pair Euan O'Reilly (17) and Ben Quigley (18) and midfielders Jamie McKenzie (17) and Cammy Ballantyne (18) in the squad headed to Lanarkshire. 

A couple of Wright's first team stalwarts, defenders Jason Kerr and Richard Foster, are one booking away from a suspension so definitely won't feature against the Accies whilst winger Matty Kennedy has been allowed off a week early after featuring in every game this season. 

Saturday's game kicks off at 12:30pm with the squad heading back to Perth post-match for the club's Player of the Year awards. 

So pretty much the team I mentioned before. I highly doubt we'll play Shaughnessy, Watt or Comrie because they're for the high dive so youth players seems a reasonable way to go. Not sure I'd risk Zander Clark either as the last thing he needs is an injury in a nothing match before the Scotland squad is announced and Davidson shouldn't be risked on the plastic pitch.

We could be looking at;

Bell

Wotherspoon Quigley Gordon Tanser

Alston McKenzie Callachan O'Reilly

Northcott Hendry

Can't take too many chances after such a tough season IMO. Give the likes of Ballantyne at least half an hour in the game too.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So pretty much the team I mentioned before. I highly doubt we'll play Shaughnessy, Watt or Comrie because they're for the high dive so youth players seems a reasonable way to go. Not sure I'd risk Zander Clark either as the last thing he needs is an injury in a nothing match before the Scotland squad is announced and Davidson shouldn't be risked on the plastic pitch.

We could be looking at;

Bell

Wotherspoon Quigley Gordon Tanser

Alston McKenzie Callachan O'Reilly

Northcott Hendry

Can't take too many chances after such a tough season IMO. Give the likes of Ballantyne at least half an hour in the game too.

Bell? :lol:

Suppose he is worse than our 17 year old, do it Tommy.

Edit, just noticed Spoony in defence, change him to CB and that looks a great team.

Edited by tree house tam

Just now, tree house tam said:

Bell? :lol:

Suppose he is worse than our 17 year old, do it Tommy.

I actually forgot Sinclair was eligible, thought he'd just returned from his loan but he came back in January didn't he?

Yeah stuff Bell - Sinclair to start instead.

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I actually forgot Sinclair was eligible, thought he'd just returned from his loan but he came back in January didn't he?

Yeah stuff Bell - Sinclair to start instead.

Even better, play an ineligible Sinclair,  we're certain to get beat.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

Stop crying bitch, you should've done better before the last 3 games.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

The benefits of being 23 points clear of the relegation play off spot I suppose. Don't see why we'd be sanctioned for it when all we're trying to do is blood our talented youngsters.

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

We're St Johnstone, we do what we want. 

It'll give you something to whine about for the next few decades, which is what you really want.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
More stuff.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Presumably this is the game that Easton will play too?

I actually thought he'd get some minutes last week, when 2-0 up at home and on a grass pitch. Kennedy seemed to pick up a knock so I wonder if that played a part in the decision not to play him, especially as Shaughnessy had been promised a farewell appearance.

Oh jeez, this has Georgia-Scotland 2007 written all over it. We should maybe play some kids of our own. Lewis Smith looked very good when he came in the derby, Mimnaugh will probably start anyway and Jamie Hamilton might get promoted from the bench.

50 minutes ago, elvis said:

5cdc106515117_imageproxy(1).gif.f2ebfb9dbe9ade73765a99c01fba6fc2.gif

I suppose helping the Accies out saves the Johnnie's the embarrassment of being the worst supported club in the top flight next season..

5 minutes ago, Hammerheid said:

I suppose helping the Accies out saves the Johnnie's the embarrassment of being the worst supported club in the top flight next season..

16vmpl.gif