Jump to content
ali_91

Hamilton - St Johnstone - May 18th

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you were any denser, scientists would study you.

 

16vmpl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it's even the right thread, but did the buddies not only have themselves to blame anyway? If they'd beaten us the week before would it not have been fine? My memory has them chucking a lead long before Alan chucked the goals.

As for 'that' game, i'd have laughed if I was an accies fan, nobody wants to see another team winning something at their ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss Tommy Wright has admitted he is likely to offer several of the club's young stars the opportunity to impress at New Douglas Park. 

Wright told PA Sport: "We have done our work early so have earned the right to put out whatever team we see fit on Saturday. I've got to look to next season and I'm sure Oran (Kearney) would be thinking the same in my shoes."

The Northern Irishman, who earlier this week told young defender Aaron Comrie that he wasn't in his plans moving forward, is likely to include the likes of Auchterarder pair Euan O'Reilly (17) and Ben Quigley (18) and midfielders Jamie McKenzie (17) and Cammy Ballantyne (18) in the squad headed to Lanarkshire. 

A couple of Wright's first team stalwarts, defenders Jason Kerr and Richard Foster, are one booking away from a suspension so definitely won't feature against the Accies whilst winger Matty Kennedy has been allowed off a week early after featuring in every game this season. 

Saturday's game kicks off at 12:30pm with the squad heading back to Perth post-match for the club's Player of the Year awards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good that tommy sounds like he’s happy to bend over on Saturday. Shame we are absolutely terrible and would struggle to beat any team st Johnstone will put out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Not that it's even the right thread, but did the buddies not only have themselves to blame anyway? If they'd beaten us the week before would it not have been fine? My memory has them chucking a lead long before Alan chucked the goals.

As for 'that' game, i'd have laughed if I was an accies fan, nobody wants to see another team winning something at their ground.

The wee saints would have been relegated even if we'd beaten the Arabs. Because they were shite. But of course that doesn't suit their need to be victims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Tam is throwing this game, heard it from the horses mouth in the pub last weekend. Whether young Euan takes this on board or not is another matter,  think he'll impress against Accies. 

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Radford said:

Boss Tommy Wright has admitted he is likely to offer several of the club's young stars the opportunity to impress at New Douglas Park. 

Wright told PA Sport: "We have done our work early so have earned the right to put out whatever team we see fit on Saturday. I've got to look to next season and I'm sure Oran (Kearney) would be thinking the same in my shoes."

The Northern Irishman, who earlier this week told young defender Aaron Comrie that he wasn't in his plans moving forward, is likely to include the likes of Auchterarder pair Euan O'Reilly (17) and Ben Quigley (18) and midfielders Jamie McKenzie (17) and Cammy Ballantyne (18) in the squad headed to Lanarkshire. 

A couple of Wright's first team stalwarts, defenders Jason Kerr and Richard Foster, are one booking away from a suspension so definitely won't feature against the Accies whilst winger Matty Kennedy has been allowed off a week early after featuring in every game this season. 

Saturday's game kicks off at 12:30pm with the squad heading back to Perth post-match for the club's Player of the Year awards. 

So pretty much the team I mentioned before. I highly doubt we'll play Shaughnessy, Watt or Comrie because they're for the high dive so youth players seems a reasonable way to go. Not sure I'd risk Zander Clark either as the last thing he needs is an injury in a nothing match before the Scotland squad is announced and Davidson shouldn't be risked on the plastic pitch.


We could be looking at;

Bell

Wotherspoon Quigley Gordon Tanser

Alston McKenzie Callachan O'Reilly

Northcott Hendry

Can't take too many chances after such a tough season IMO. Give the likes of Ballantyne at least half an hour in the game too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So pretty much the team I mentioned before. I highly doubt we'll play Shaughnessy, Watt or Comrie because they're for the high dive so youth players seems a reasonable way to go. Not sure I'd risk Zander Clark either as the last thing he needs is an injury in a nothing match before the Scotland squad is announced and Davidson shouldn't be risked on the plastic pitch.


We could be looking at;

Bell

Wotherspoon Quigley Gordon Tanser

Alston McKenzie Callachan O'Reilly

Northcott Hendry

Can't take too many chances after such a tough season IMO. Give the likes of Ballantyne at least half an hour in the game too.

 

 

Bell? :lol:

Suppose he is worse than our 17 year old, do it Tommy.

 

Edit, just noticed Spoony in defence, change him to CB and that looks a great team.

Edited by tree house tam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tree house tam said:

Bell? :lol:

Suppose he is worse than our 17 year old, do it Tommy.

I actually forgot Sinclair was eligible, thought he'd just returned from his loan but he came back in January didn't he?

 

Yeah stuff Bell - Sinclair to start instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I actually forgot Sinclair was eligible, thought he'd just returned from his loan but he came back in January didn't he?

 

Yeah stuff Bell - Sinclair to start instead.

Even better, play an ineligible Sinclair,  we're certain to get beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elvis said:

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

Stop crying bitch, you should've done better before the last 3 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elvis said:

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

The benefits of being 23 points clear of the relegation play off spot I suppose. Don't see why we'd be sanctioned for it when all we're trying to do is blood our talented youngsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elvis said:

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

We're St Johnstone, we do what we want. 

It'll give you something to whine about for the next few decades, which is what you really want.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
More stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Presumably this is the game that Easton will play too?

I actually thought he'd get some minutes last week, when 2-0 up at home and on a grass pitch. Kennedy seemed to pick up a knock so I wonder if that played a part in the decision not to play him, especially as Shaughnessy had been promised a farewell appearance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh jeez, this has Georgia-Scotland 2007 written all over it. We should maybe play some kids of our own. Lewis Smith looked very good when he came in the derby, Mimnaugh will probably start anyway and Jamie Hamilton might get promoted from the bench.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, elvis said:

I thought the rule was you have to play your strongest team if this is true its an absolute piss take.

5cdc106515117_imageproxy(1).gif.f2ebfb9dbe9ade73765a99c01fba6fc2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose helping the Accies out saves the Johnnie's the embarrassment of being the worst supported club in the top flight next season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hammerheid said:

I suppose helping the Accies out saves the Johnnie's the embarrassment of being the worst supported club in the top flight next season..

16vmpl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...