Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

As demonstrated by their 3-0 cup win over a Championship side, Raith are a side to be feared. Can see them getting Dobbied into another season in the Seaside League though.

Guy (Vaughan) who scored all the goals against The Pars won’t be playing. We’ll need Nisbet to play the role of Vaughan.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Guy (Vaughan) who scored all the goals against The Pars won’t be playing. We’ll need Nisbet to play the role of Vaughan.

I wasn't being all that serious. Can see you getting horsed by Dobbie. Good luck anyway - be good to see you lot back at East End. 

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

IMG_5197.jpg

Can I be the first to query (not moan, it’s only £14 FFS, I pay more for a return to Edinburgh on the train) the pricing? This one is on telly and it’s £14, Forfar game last week wasn’t on TV and was a tenner. Home crowd last week was 1700-1800.

Doesn’t this money just go to a central pot before being redistributed?

Now for the crowdwank: what do we reckon the crowd will be for QoS?

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

If Saturday is anything to go by then most of the crowd will be going home before half time. 

Davo will snap Dobbie off the ball, Vinnie Jones style. The ref will be your usual hapless SFA type and will book Dobbie for diving. We’ll go on to win. See you next season.

Can I be the first to query (not moan, it’s only £14 FFS, I pay more for a return to Edinburgh on the train) the pricing? This one is on telly and it’s £14, Forfar game last week wasn’t on TV and was a tenner. Home crowd last week was 1700-1800.

Is it possible they have upped the price to compensate for the fact your floating fans are possibly going to watch on TV now?

I have no idea what your core support is but for arguments sake say 1400. Those 1400 are going to regardless of the price. The other 300/400 are more than likely going to sit on their arse at home even if it is only a tenner again. Upping the price might be the club compensating for the potential loss of numbers?

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Davo will snap Dobbie off the ball, Vinnie Jones style. The ref will be your usual hapless SFA type and will book Dobbie for diving. We’ll go on to win. See you next season.

Ross Matthews to call Dobbie’s maw a pish ride, Dobbie to lose his shit and get sent off

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is it possible they have upped the price to compensate for the fact your floating fans are possibly going to watch on TV now?

I have no idea what your core support is but for arguments sake say 1400. Those 1400 are going to regardless of the price. The other 300/400 are more than likely going to sit on their arse at home even if it is only a tenner again. Upping the price might be the club compensating for the potential loss of numbers?

Do the club keep the money from home ties? I thought I read on here that it was divvied up and split equally between all the clubs who qualified for the play-offs. May have got that wrong. Wasn’t that why (The Sevco) Rangers were charging a fiver for the play-offs? 

5 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Ross Matthews to call Dobbie’s maw a pish ride, Dobbie to lose his shit and get sent off

That works for me. Was the rumour that Matthews was slagging Baird’s missus?

Nah he never seems to lose his cool. For all the stick he gets off opposition fans as well, he is 99% humble when he rattles in a goal or two and never gives them it back which is a bit shit as there is nothing funnier than fans being outraged at this after giving a player pelters all game.

Do the club keep the money from home ties? I thought I read on here that it was divvied up and split equally between all the clubs who qualified for the play-offs. May have got that wrong. Wasn’t that why (The Sevco) Rangers were charging a fiver for the play-offs? 
I honestly don't know. But even if it's split the club will want to up their share.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not sure but think 15% is taken by home club to cover costs to host game then it is split 50/50 between spfl & the home club. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Not sure but think 15% is taken by home club to cover costs to host game then it is split 50/50 between spfl & the home club. 

If it's the same as the Premiership play offs it's 15% to the home team for 'costs' 50% to the SPFL for the parachute payment and then the rest is split all obviously once VAT has been removed

Nah he never seems to lose his cool. For all the stick he gets off opposition fans as well, he is 99% humble when he rattles in a goal or two and never gives them it back which is a bit shit as there is nothing funnier than fans being outraged at this after giving a player pelters all game.
Tbf he did give it a bit when he set up the opener at Palmerston over Xmas but some of the chants from Ayr fans were absolutely howling.

He’s generally humble but he absolutely loves scoring against Falkirk and letting their fans know

Probably the fact we didn’t really get anybody extra through the door for Forfar - it’ll be a broadly similar number anyway, maybe a little more with it being the final. But reducing the price didn’t result in a big crowd as hoped.

No point in not getting an extra £4 for everyone showing up if it’s possible.

21 hours ago, Enigma said:

If only we could charter a good old fashioned football special train.

Only for the following message on the day, the football special service has been delayed/cancelled delete as appropriate for the following reasons :):

1 - Lack of staff.

2 - Technical fault on board train.

3 - Railway bridge struck by road vehicle. 

4 -Signal/points failure.

5 -Football fans misbehaving. 

6 - Leaves on the line.

7 - Other reasons.

The Premiership play-offs work like that (half to the SPFL themselves to fund the parachute payment I think, then a split of some sort) - these of course were the play-offs Rangers were in - but the Championship and League One play offs allow the home teams to keep the gate receipts.