Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Easier to shitfest games when you have a solid defence. That lot facing Dobbie gives me the fear. 

We will probably also need to approach this differently from Forfar. The lack of width is a big issue and Queens will easily stop us if we've no outlet. 

The way Queens' season has gone is I imagine the same way ours would've had Nisbet been out for any extended period of time. 

The two games against Forfar were definitely attempts to be harder to beat, and they worked to a degree. 

Dobbie is obviously a concern but QoS have been on the slide for a while and Dobbie is possibly still not fully fit. I suppose we’ll find out on Wednesday how we handle him.

I think we’ll take a similar approach to the Dunfermline game in the cup. Just a pity we don’t have Vaughan to do the damage. It’ll be up to Nisbet this time.

The lack of width is a big issue and Queens will easily stop us if we've no outlet.  

This pleases me more than anything I've read so far. If Raith's attack doesn't involve balls being crossed into the box then our chances of winning have gone right up. If it's Raith's intention to play through the middle it could be a difficult two games. Have some width and cross the ball then I can't see us not conceding.

Dobbie is obviously a concern but QoS have been on the slide for a while and Dobbie is possibly still not fully fit. I suppose we’ll find out on Wednesday how we handle him.

Possibly. But he just put in one of his best performances of the season so if he still isn't fully fit it could make for good viewing come Saturday. He was hooked early on in the second half but there was no need for him to be risked. I expect he'll do some very light training (if any) before Wednesday and hopefully puts in another performance like that.

Surely we will go with the same team on Wed .

Hopefully we go with the same attacking formation as well don't play not to lose rather than to win don't play 4-5-1 like Naysmith would have had us set up.

Forget now about the Montrose game the Dobbie record goals just concentrate 100 % on getting a win on Wed we have done nothing yet .

Should be a good fixture and I think there’ll be goals in it as both teams have a decent record of scoring so it’ll be who can keep it closed better at the back. Really need to win the first tie with our away record but it’s nice to actually make a playoff final for once. Hopefully we get a good crowd for both games even if it’s on TV. Happy we’re home first as I can make the game after work, no chance I’d have made it to Montrose on a Wednesday had they won.

Last train back to the kingdom appears to be 18-35,wishful thinking but if this went to extra time and pens not doeable.Even 90 mins its a bit tight 
ET and you're goosed. But unless there is around 20 minutes injury time it'll give you plenty of time if it's a 90 minute match. The train station is about 15 minutes away walking at a steady pace. Give it 20 if you're canned.

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do Rovers fans realise that aside from trains, other modes of transport are available?

Really?

Hoping to let the train take the strain

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
51 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:
Last train back to the kingdom appears to be 18-35,wishful thinking but if this went to extra time and pens not doeable.Even 90 mins its a bit tight 

ET and you're goosed. But unless there is around 20 minutes injury time it'll give you plenty of time if it's a 90 minute match. The train station is about 15 minutes away walking at a steady pace. Give it 20 if you're canned.

Cheers

No time for celebrating then ;)

17 hours ago, Flash said:

Am I right in saying we’ve lost the last 7 live tv games in a row? And over the last 4 seasons we’ve won 1 game out of 13? Might have missed/forgotten about one or two.

17 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez, that's a scary thought.

You've got to list them.  I can think of Aberdeen cup ties, Rangers play-off games, Ross County hammerings, but I can't put them together.

Let's see them listed.

Ach I love a list...............

The two legged playoff final will be our 31st and 32nd live televised matches in our history (not including the Ramsdens Cup match v Rangers at Palmerston in Sept 2013 which wasn't allowed to be shown live due to UEFA restrictions and was instead shown "as live" about an hour after it finished).

If you are counting TNS as a loss (as we lost on penalties although we drew the match) then yes, we've lost our last 7 televised games.  And we've won only 1 of our last 15!

1. 12/04/08 v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup, Neutral, Won 4-3
2. 24/05/08 v Rangers, Scottish Cup, Neutral, Lost 2-3
3. 24/08/08 v FC Nordsjaelland, UEFA Cup, Away, Lost 1-2
4. 19/04/09 v St Johnstone, Away, Won 3-2
5. 25/09/09 v Rangers, CIS Cup, Home, Lost 1-2
6. 23/03/10 v Dundee, League, Away, Drew 1-1
7. 20/04/10 v Ross County, League, Home Won 1-0
8. 10/04/11 v Ross County, Alba Cup Final, Neutral, Lost 0-2
9. 18/09/12 v Rangers, Ramsdens Cup, Away, Drew 2-2 & Won on Penalties
10. 07/04/13 v Partick Thistle, Ramsdens Cup Final, Neutral, Drew 1-1 & Won on penalties
11. 10/10/14 v Raith Rovers, League, Away, Won 4-3
12. 22/11/14 v Raith Rovers, League, Home, Won 2-0
13. 12/12/14 v Rangers, League, Home, Won 2-0
14. 06/03/15 v Falkirk, Scottish Cup, Home, Lost 0-1
15. 09/04/15 v Rangers, League, Home, Won 3-0
16. 09/05/15 v Rangers, Premiership Playoff, Home, Lost 1-2
17. 17/05/15 v Rangers, Premiership Playoff, Away, Drew 1-1
18. 30/08/15 v Rangers, League, Home, Lost 1-5
19. 25/09/15 v Falkirk, League, Away, Drew 0-0
20. 11/12/15 v Raith Rovers, League, Home, Drew 1-1
21. 21/02/16 v Rangers, League, Home, Lost 0-1
22. 20/09/16 v Rangers, BetFred Cup, Away, Lost 0-5
23. 09/10/16 v Linfield, Irn Bru Cup, Home, Won 2-0 AET
24. 29/10/16 v Raith Rovers, League, Away, Lost 0-1
25. 18/02/17 v Dundee United, Irn Bru Cup, Home, Lost 2-3
26. 11/03/17 v Morton, League, Away, Lost 0-1
27. 24/09/17 v St Mirren, League, Away, Lost 1-3
28. 12/11/17 v The New Saints, Irn Bru Cup, Away, Drew 0-0 & Lost on Penalties
29. 11/02/19 v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup, Away, Lost 1-4
30. 26/04/19 v Ross County, League, Away, Lost 0-4

If you would prefer some better omens than our recent live tv record then:
We have played Raith Rovers in 4 previous live games with 2 wins, a draw and a loss.
We had two live games under Allan Johnston in his previous spell and won them both on penalties.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ach I love a list...............

The two legged playoff final will be our 31st and 32nd live televised matches in our history (not including the Ramsdens Cup match v Rangers at Palmerston in Sept 2013 which wasn't allowed to be shown live due to UEFA restrictions and was instead shown "as live" about an hour after it finished).

If you are counting TNS as a loss (as we lost on penalties although we drew the match) then yes, we've lost our last 7 televised games.  And we've won only 1 of our last 15!

1. 12/04/08 v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup, Neutral, Won 4-3
2. 24/05/08 v Rangers, Scottish Cup, Neutral, Lost 2-3
3. 24/08/08 v FC Nordsjaelland, UEFA Cup, Away, Lost 1-2
4. 19/04/09 v St Johnstone, Away, Won 3-2
5. 25/09/09 v Rangers, CIS Cup, Home, Lost 1-2
6. 23/03/10 v Dundee, League, Away, Drew 1-1
7. 20/04/10 v Ross County, League, Home Won 1-0
8. 10/04/11 v Ross County, Alba Cup Final, Neutral, Lost 0-2
9. 18/09/12 v Rangers, Ramsdens Cup, Away, Drew 2-2 & Won on Penalties
10. 07/04/13 v Partick Thistle, Ramsdens Cup Final, Neutral, Drew 1-1 & Won on penalties
11. 10/10/14 v Raith Rovers, League, Away, Won 4-3
12. 22/11/14 v Raith Rovers, League, Home, Won 2-0
13. 12/12/14 v Rangers, League, Home, Won 2-0
14. 06/03/15 v Falkirk, Scottish Cup, Home, Lost 0-1
15. 09/04/15 v Rangers, League, Home, Won 3-0
16. 09/05/15 v Rangers, Premiership Playoff, Home, Lost 1-2
17. 17/05/15 v Rangers, Premiership Playoff, Away, Drew 1-1
18. 30/08/15 v Rangers, League, Home, Lost 1-5
19. 25/09/15 v Falkirk, League, Away, Drew 0-0
20. 11/12/15 v Raith Rovers, League, Home, Drew 1-1
21. 21/02/16 v Rangers, League, Home, Lost 0-1
22. 20/09/16 v Rangers, BetFred Cup, Away, Lost 0-5
23. 09/10/16 v Linfield, Irn Bru Cup, Home, Won 2-0 AET
24. 29/10/16 v Raith Rovers, League, Away, Lost 0-1
25. 18/02/17 v Dundee United, Irn Bru Cup, Home, Lost 2-3
26. 11/03/17 v Morton, League, Away, Lost 0-1
27. 24/09/17 v St Mirren, League, Away, Lost 1-3
28. 12/11/17 v The New Saints, Irn Bru Cup, Away, Drew 0-0 & Lost on Penalties
29. 11/02/19 v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup, Away, Lost 1-4
30. 26/04/19 v Ross County, League, Away, Lost 0-4

If you would prefer some better omens than our recent live tv record then:
We have played Raith Rovers in 4 previous live games with 2 wins, a draw and a loss.
We had two live games under Allan Johnston in his previous spell and won them both on penalties.

A cracking list.

Telling of course that in order to get shown at all in the first place we had to reach Hampden in the Scottish Cup.  I remember discussion then, around us being easily the biggest club not to have featured in live coverage before.

By its nature, I suppose it's likely that a club like ours might have a poor TV record, as we're more attractive for such exposure when playing someone bigger, like Aberdeen or Rangers.  Recent contracts however mean that we've been screened a fair bit when facing peers.  

I'll run with the AJ precedents I think, but don't know if I could endure penalties.

If we don’t get beat on the Wednesday, I will make the trip to Dumfries and will be looking forward to the 4 hour train journey...

Everyone worrying about Dobbie, as they should be, but we have king Kevin Nisbet.

Just delighted to actually be in the final, proper up for it.
King Kevin v Sir Stephen. I know which gladiator I back.

That's right Lord Lyndon.

I'll stop.

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We’ve all levelled the ‘one man team’ chat at a side at some point in the past, but this Queens side really is rewriting the definition of the term. Madness they could go down with him in the side, scoring as many as he has.

Can Raith Rovers not be labelled a one man team considering Nisbet's goal tally? 

I don’t fancy us down in Dumfries and realistically I can’t see us getting an emphatic result on Wednesday to kill the tie off. Think Queens will shade it overall if I’m honest.