Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

I went to Munich when we were 2-0 down from the first leg. Why not Dumfries.

Because that team that played at Munich are a universe in difference to this lot. Hopefully I’ll be eating my words at the end of the game. But sadly I won’t.

8 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Because that team that played at Munich are a universe in difference to this lot. Hopefully I’ll be eating my words at the end of the game. But sadly I won’t.

I've a sneaking suspicion your opponents that day might have been a tad stronger than today's too.

Blind optimism setting in. However expect to be in a hoor of a mood come 6pm. I'll be watching on Alba while setting up for tonight's gig here in London while explaining to the folk I'm with why two teams they've never heard of are so tightly woven into just how happy I'll be for the rest of day. 

If mcglynn turns this round today it will surpass anything he's achieved before at the club.

The team are a mess, the defence has shipped goals time and again, the goalkeeper us questionable at best and the options in midfield are poor. Also from Wednesday night that second half performance of just launching balls at a small striker was just fucking pointless, we were only 2 down in a game we could have competed in had they not just decided f**k it we'll settle for this. 

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

_20190504_085253.JPG

This game is all about mind games 

We have to go with the right attitude forget about the 1st game treat it as a one off Cup Tie .

My worry is that some Queens players will think it is done we must be at it as a team and every player must give 100 % Raith will be right up for this have nothing to lose which makes them even more dangerous  .

I am really worried about this Johnston must get his team talk right as well must get in the players heads get them to listen 

In the middle with this one, not really confident or worried. If we go 1-0 up or 0-0 at half time then great. But if Raith score first then I hope we don't start getting deeper and invite trouble, especially with our defence. 

12 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

This game is all about mind games 

We have to go with the right attitude forget about the 1st game treat it as a one off Cup Tie .

My worry is that some Queens players will think it is done we must be at it as a team and every player must give 100 % Raith will be right up for this have nothing to lose which makes them even more dangerous  .

I am really worried about this Johnston must get his team talk right as well must get in the players heads get them to listen 

Our players definitely won't be thinking this game is over. They have no right to. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I know, i’m just fooling myself. If i’m being honest then I’d say I have little faith in the current Rovers team. We’d need a lucky turn of events like their ‘keeper getting sent off and the ref giving us an early penalty.

The consensus view among my circle of pals is ‘nope, let’s watch it in the pub, then FA Cup Final’.

I’ll have my lunch then decide whether to drive down or not.

Edited by Scary Bear

I'm not unduly optimistic but think you are being a bit unkind to Raith there.  They played well and had us under the sort of pressure I would have expected a confident team to produce on their own patch, but we defended a fair bit better than of late and the goals we scored were pretty decent too. I thought Raith were unlucky to be 3 down and deserved to at least have some chance for todays game. Its not all over by any means but if we play like we have in the past couple of games I think it'll be pretty difficult for Raith to get what they need from the game.

I don’t think I’m being unkind to Raith at all given the overall pessimistic tone of my post. I’m very much viewing this as a 50/50 game having watched us throw in 2+ goals with relative ease this season.

Neither team shone the other night. Both looked poor at the back and low in confidence/ideas. We scored our best chances (bar one glaring miss that might still cost us) whereas Raith fluffed their lines. It could quite easily have been a draw, or a narrow lead for Raith.

It really is down to the order the goals go in as I fully expect both teams to score. If it’s us first then barring a huge collapse we are home and dry. If it’s Raith then I’ll be watching through my fingers.

32 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I'd have to comment that to this neutral, QoS looked significantly more effective than RR.

Raith Rovers had some decent moves and passages of play. But Queen of the South looked stronger, quicker, more creative and more lethal in the opposition last third. 

It's probably more a battle of which team does less badly in their own third TBH.

34 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I'd have to comment that to this neutral, QoS looked significantly more effective than RR.

Raith Rovers had some decent moves and passages of play. But Queen of the South looked stronger, quicker, more creative and more lethal in the opposition last third. 

That's been our season in a nutshell. 

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's on BBC Alba.

I know that, just wondered why it wasn't an hour before as it clashes with Fa cup final and I can't see any big 3pm games it clashes with

I'm confident enough to have put a tenner on Queens to win 3-1.  whether that counts as over-optimistic, faint-hearted and/or too precise a prediction I don't know....

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I know that, just wondered why it wasn't an hour before as it clashes with Fa cup final and I can't see any big 3pm games it clashes with

I don't think Alba starts until 4pm, and presumably the 5 minutes are so there is a bit of an intro to give the teams etc.