Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

I think queens will probably have this wrapped up by close of play in the first half of the first leg. I went as a neutral to Falkirk v Ross County and think that Falkirk side would have murdered us. There’s an absolutely massive gap between the leagues, Queen’s victory this afternoon proves that.

Yet our defeat the other night, though less emphatic, would suggest otherwise.

Before AJ was in full control I believe. You have Dobbie back, we’ll struggle on Wednesday. I’d bite your hand of for a draw. Queeens will be heavy favourite with the bookies.

Yet our defeat the other night, though less emphatic, would suggest otherwise.

Montrose has our number when we went up there earlier in the season. There’s not much between us as teams, one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Before AJ was in full control I believe. You have Dobbie back, we’ll struggle on Wednesday. I’d bite your hand of for a draw. Queeens will be heavy favourite with the bookies.

He was in full control, but very newly so..

Dobbie, I'll give you.  When he's on form, he transforms the nature of our team.  

2 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Was going tae watch on the tellybox but after todays sizzling (first half) display will be heading for Fife. Canny be ersed driving back so any recommendations for cheap and cheerful digs would be appreciated. Cheers.

http://www.ashgrovebnb.co.uk/index.html

We seemed to have been unfortunate not to beat Montrose with a much weakened team last week and we put 4 past them without breaking sweat the last time we played them at Starks so I won't get too worried by the Queens score today, apart from the fact it will restore some confidence to them.

They are obvious favourites but I would hope we could give them enough of a game at home to keep things interesting for the 2nd leg.

This notion of Raith Rovers just hanging in to keep it interesting after the first leg is somewhat misplaced.

Thank Christ we were better today and it wound up comfortable, but there's really no reason to make us firm favourites here.  We've been bloody awful for months, punctuated by two decent performances against Dundee United and Dunfermline.

Today might have been another punctuation mark for all we know.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Sorry I meant the traditional new years fixture which may occur on the 2nd or 3rd of January.

Pedantic pr1ck emoji16.png

Or just before New Year as happened this season!

But aye, I knew what you meant and I am indeed pedantic 

Edited by DA Baracus

Hopefully we can give you a run for your money.Only the Rangers have scored more goals than us,unfortunately were dodgy at the back.Think we need to head to Dumfries with a lead to have any chance as our away record as far as wins is awful

Hopefully we can give you a run for your money.Only the Rangers have scored more goals than us,unfortunately were dodgy at the back.Think we need to head to Dumfries with a lead to have any chance as our away record as far as wins is awful

We absolutely have to win the first tie to have even a slight chance. Queens to score on Wednesday is a banker it’s just a case of whether we can score one more than them, like we did agains Forfar at Stark’s.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This notion of Raith Rovers just hanging in to keep it interesting after the first leg is somewhat misplaced.

Thank Christ we were better today and it wound up comfortable, but there's really no reason to make us firm favourites here.  We've been bloody awful for months, punctuated by two decent performances against Dundee United and Dunfermline.

Today might have been another punctuation mark for all we know.

Forward line today was in a different class than a Naysmith team. We only needed half a hour to dispatch Montrose.  Classic AJ getting a young lad (Connor Murray) worrying the defence. We also played two up front which made a massive difference for Dobbie.

That all said we still have the same defence which ships in cross balls for fun so it has the makings of a high scoring game at both ends.