Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

I think Buchanan's criticism has been really unfair. Him as a player coach in the making but no doubt we'll tell him to go and keep Davo instead
Buchanan has Imo at least been a better player since mcglynn came in. He's adapted his game to be chasing down lost causes because he's mainly been used off of the main striker. Suits his ability more than the long ball up the pitch that he had aimed at him most weeks under Smith.

We cannot keep most of this horrendous defence! Don't be fooled by 1 clean sheet in God knows how long 

Murray yes (but he'll get snapped up by a championship team) 

McKay yes 

Bene under contract (but I would get rid) 

Davo no 

2 full backs required 

40 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

There was one player berating his team mates yesterday and it Bene and it was sorely needed.

I really thought Flanagan was literally going to shite himself when Bene charged at him with a few minutes left yesterday. 

And, as you say, it was richly deserved. 

11 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

I thought Lyndon Dykes played really well over the play offs. He completely showed up one of our former players comments for what they were

Agree , he still thinks he's captain fantastic .Get her away from the club as well .

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I really thought Flanagan was literally going to shite himself when Bene charged at him with a few minutes left yesterday. 

And, as you say, it was richly deserved. 

Giving Flanagan an 18 month contract is the second worst decision made this season behind not signing a Right Back. 

5 hours ago, pantene proV said:

We cannot keep most of this horrendous defence! Don't be fooled by 1 clean sheet in God knows how long 

Murray yes (but he'll get snapped up by a championship team) 

McKay yes 

Bene under contract (but I would get rid) 

Davo no 

2 full backs required 

This is the correct answer. 

8 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

So you wouldn,t read too much into a decent footballer in his time giving Davo MOTM?It might hurt a lot of folk but sure a majority thought the same as Beattie.I just think theres always a scapegoat and its Davidsons,local lad,his demeanor.Theres one thing,he  gives his lot,its a pity other players didnt.His downfall is as you say,berating teammates but sometimes thats not a negative but lets not blame him solely for costing us countless goals this season whatever that constitutes.Besides its a team game,win and both lose as a team

Bene is not the same player he was but again decent and good enough for this division as is Davidson IMO

A number of folk critical of Buchanan yet hes our 2nd top goalscorer

Absolutely this. I think it’s time Davo moved on, he’s been carrying injuries all season and it’s showed at times. He’s been nowhere near as bad as made out though. He’s been far from our worst player this season. Can’t be easy playing as a centre back with terrible/non existent full backs.

I definitely don’t buy into this ‘Davo can f**k off’ type chat you hear from some. He has been a fantastic servant to us over the years. He has made well over 400 appearances for the club and always gives his all. Yeah, he comes across as an arse for berating players (particularly when it’s to cover up a mistake from him) but he wouldn’t do that if he didn’t care.

I do think he should move on at the end of the season, he certainly shouldn’t be signed with the expectation to play every week. However, when/if he moves on there should be acknowledgement and appreciation of the service he has given the club rather than people celebrating the fact he’s ‘fucked off.’

Absolutely this. I think it’s time Davo moved on, he’s been carrying injuries all season and it’s showed at times. He’s been nowhere near as bad as made out though. He’s been far from our worst player this season. Can’t be easy playing as a centre back with terrible/non existent full backs.
I definitely don’t buy into this ‘Davo can f**k off’ type chat you hear from some. He has been a fantastic servant to us over the years. He has made well over 400 appearances for the club and always gives his all. Yeah, he comes across as an arse for berating players (particularly when it’s to cover up a mistake from him) but he wouldn’t do that if he didn’t care.
I do think he should move on at the end of the season, he certainly shouldn’t be signed with the expectation to play every week. However, when/if he moves on there should be acknowledgement and appreciation of the service he has given the club rather than people celebrating the fact he’s ‘fucked off.’
Agree with this. Unfortunately his good days are becoming more infrequent but on his day he's still an excellent defender. In the two away legs of the play offs and the Dunfermline Cup game for example, he's been outstanding.
If McGlynn thinks he can add something as a coach I wouldn't be averse to him staying on. I wouldn't want him to be part of our first choice central defensive pairing next season though.

I've got loads of time for Iain Davidson, always have done.

However, we'll be working from a small squad. Murray, Benedictus and McKay give us a solid three for the two centre half positions. In addition, we need to go and get at least two natural full-backs. I don't see how there's space in the squad left for Davidson.

Our defensive record has been abysmal all year, but nobody has been settled or playing their natural game. Every single match we've had someone filling in and everyone else trying to cover for them, or trying to adapt to another change in goalkeeper.

Swapping Davidson (or Benedictus, or Murray) for another natural centre half would hardly have helped at all this season.

Our faults have stemmed more from the players we don't have than the ones we do.

Congrats to Queens, thoroughly deserved to go through. Thought they were very professional yesterday and looked comfortable throughout. Kept us at arms length all day, we were never able to build any pressure and Queens were always more likely to score, particularly second half.

For us, I don’t think you can blame tactics or effort, we were just found wanting in quality. Hardly surprising given the season we have had. We couldn’t finish above Forfar and Arbroath over 36 games and in the 14 games we played against the top 4 in League One we only managed 4 wins. A two legged tie against a Championship side was always likely to be a step too far for this squad.

I am confident the board and management will have prepared for either outcome from the play offs so hopefully we will have an announcement shortly on how we move forward regarding full time/part time. We are a couple of weeks behind some teams in starting our preparations for next season so hope we move fast to confirm plans and JM can start talking to players.

Finally, I thought the support were excellent yesterday. Never stopped singing all day even though there wasn’t much happening on the park to give them encouragement. 

Last season aside, Davidson has consistently been one of our poorest players in the years he's been here. 

He is however due a testimonial which provides a nicer goodbye than telling him to f**k off. Best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've got loads of time for Iain Davidson, always have done.

However, we'll be working from a small squad. Murray, Benedictus and McKay give us a solid three for the two centre half positions. In addition, we need to go and get at least two natural full-backs. I don't see how there's space in the squad left for Davidson.

Our defensive record has been abysmal all year, but nobody has been settled or playing their natural game. Every single match we've had someone filling in and everyone else trying to cover for them, or trying to adapt to another change in goalkeeper.

Swapping Davidson (or Benedictus, or Murray) for another natural centre half would hardly have helped at all this season.

Our faults have stemmed more from the players we don't have than the ones we do.

Your 2 center backs were excellent as was your goalkeeper .

Davidson the pick of the 2 but the only thing with him was his fitness .For a full time player he really struggled in the last 15 mins.

You did not really have a goal threat over the 2 games for large spells of both games Queens were in total control .

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do Raith fans not have their own dedicated thread to discuss who they'll keep etc?

Most of the recent stuff in this, the match thread, has little to do with the match.

I think they're trying to cling onto the Championship forum as long as possible. 

Hoped for an exciting nail-biter yesterday but ultimately it looked like Raith just lacked invention, and even urgency.
Enjoyed the keeper, Davidsons and Benedictus' performances, and sadly looks like McGuffie continues to be the star of training sessions and not games. There is also no shame in Dobbie still managing to find himself facing goal 30 yards out from time to time, the guy is just a joy to watch.
Well done Queens for staying up in the end, I look forward to Ayrs routinely getting f all from you at Palmerston again next season [emoji1305]

Here is the 50th and final first team highlights package of the season. Well done to QOTS.

Would like to personally thank anyone who has engaged with RaithTV's content, there will be more from us very soon.