Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

Well glad that season is over let's get Murray and doyle signed up rest I'm not cared about.
I take it by the fact no subs used none are in aj plans for next season?
Funny game I thought we played in 2nd gear doing what we had to how we don't score 2nd half I will never know looked a pen and thought ref had given it.
Now a serious question for raith fans 2 nd half 3 1 down in a final I kept expecting every one getting thrown forward
Everything except the kitchen sink but no nothing very surprised why.

Gogs you sexy beast u are so right apart from queens are a piece of shit who can’t afford a kitchen sink

We didn't defend well enough on Wednesday or offer enough going forward today so no complaints about the final outcome. 

It's somewhat ironic that we put in such a strong, committed defensive performance today when up against one of the best players in the country (he is a class apart, despite not actually scoring over the two legs). 

All the best to Queens next season. Always enjoy a visit to Palmerston - it's a decent ground to watch a game at, the staff at the ticket office and pie stalls were very pleasant and polite, and the purvey was tasty and reasonably priced compared with other grounds. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Well glad that season is over let's get Murray and doyle signed up rest I'm not cared about.
I take it by the fact no subs used none are in aj plans for next season?
Funny game I thought we played in 2nd gear doing what we had to how we don't score 2nd half I will never know looked a pen and thought ref had given it.
Now a serious question for raith fans 2 nd half 3 1 down in a final I kept expecting every one getting thrown forward
Everything except the kitchen sink but no nothing very surprised why.
I hate to be a stickler but, you haven't actually asked a question at the end...

We huffed and puffed today but were woefully lacking in quality in the final third and when you combine that with our defensive frailties in the first game it showed exactly why we are not good enough to be promoted.
I understand Queens have had a disappointing season and although they never looked truly comfortable defensively they were far superior to us going forward. Dykes, the no 10, no 17 and Dobbie were all a class apart from anything we had to offer.
Good luck to Queens next season, hopefully it won't be too long before we meet again in the championship on regulation league duty.

I hate to be a stickler but, you haven't actually asked a question at the end...

The question was why didn't they throw everything at it in the last 10 minutes they might just have got a goal and would have changed things

The question was why didn't they throw everything at it in the last 10 minutes they might just have got a goal and would have changed things

We don't have the players to do so. We have one player who has any real attacking quality fit and he was nullified due to having absolute dross around him.

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

You really don't grasp the meaning of irony do you?

Onto the game/ season in general, nizzy was marked out if both legs and couldn't really create anything when he did have the ball at his feet. Duggan worked hard and should have had a pen but he's a diving wee hoor so made it too easy for the ref to not give it. Davo, bene and Lyness all had good games. I'd bene could show that desire and ability every week I'm happy to have him but it's not shown all season. The other two can piss off. Mcguffie, flannagan, gullan and crane didn't beat there man or put in a decent cross the whole game, happy to see the back of them (bar flannagan unfortunately) barjonas useless as usual. The guys had two decent games and the rest of the time a waste of a shirt.

From the players that got time today I'd keep Murray, bene (if he can step it up again) mckay (if played at cb) Matthews for his dig and nizzy. The rest can piss off into the forth and swim with the sharks. Gutless, heartless and more importantly talentless.

You,d keep Bene if he showd the desire and ability he did today every week but Davo who was MOTM can piss off even though he showd similar desire and ability today 

Really disappointing to end the season in such a way. I didn’t say to anyone prior to the match but I really thought today was the day. I should know better by now, but here we are. The backing from the 600 or so supporters that made the trip was terrific and made for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I absolutely echo the sentiments of the poster before me who said they hope the young boys keep coming next year. They’ve made going to the game something I look forward to again, after years of it being a labour of love. 

Another year in League 1. Another year of pish attendances. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it but I trust McGlynn to get it right whatever the scenario. 

You,d keep Bene if he showd the desire and ability he did today every week but Davo who was MOTM can piss off even though he showd similar desire and ability today 
Considering it was beattie who gave him motm I wouldn't read much into that however, I had davo as our poty last season and hold no ill will toward him, he has been a great servant to the club over the years, but it's a season too far based on this season. I would keep bene over him due to age and because between the two of them I have always thought bene was the better overall defender. Would happily keep davo if he could get back to his previous form but he's cost us countless countless goals this season, berates his teammates after he's made key mistakes and does not show the leadership qualities on the pitch I would expect from a player with his experience.

Bene is as I have said before a meh if he stays or goes. I would keep him over davo though.

So you wouldn,t read too much into a decent footballer in his time giving Davo MOTM?It might hurt a lot of folk but sure a majority thought the same as Beattie.I just think theres always a scapegoat and its Davidsons,local lad,his demeanor.Theres one thing,he  gives his lot,its a pity other players didnt.His downfall is as you say,berating teammates but sometimes thats not a negative but lets not blame him solely for costing us countless goals this season whatever that constitutes.Besides its a team game,win and both lose as a team

Bene is not the same player he was but again decent and good enough for this division as is Davidson IMO

A number of folk critical of Buchanan yet hes our 2nd top goalscorer

McGlynn got that all wrong and I've no idea how he can be so positive after it. For a 30 goal striker not to get a sniff against our shakey defence says more about Raith than us IMO and lets face it, we are hardly head and shoulders above Raith so it wasn't exactly a David and Goliath task.

Spot on.

Imagine bringing your kids on to celebrate winning the relegation playoffs. 
Tbf even had we lost I imagine they would have had their kids with them to do the end of season lap.

So you wouldn,t read too much into a decent footballer in his time giving Davo MOTM?It might hurt a lot of folk but sure a majority thought the same as Beattie.I just think theres always a scapegoat and its Davidsons,local lad,his demeanor.Theres one thing,he  gives his lot,its a pity other players didnt.His downfall is as you say,berating teammates but sometimes thats not a negative but lets not blame him solely for costing us countless goals this season whatever that constitutes.Besides its a team game,win and both lose as a team
Bene is not the same player he was but again decent and good enough for this division as is Davidson IMO
 A number of folk critical of Buchanan yet hes our 2nd top goalscorer
I wouldn't read too much into beatie saying that because fairly early on in the game he told a story of how he either played with or against davo (can't remember which way it was) when he was at Dundee then a few minutes later referred to Murray as davo. Davo has always been an easy scapegoat he even said it himself during the ht package alba put together. I can assure you that is not why I think it's a season too far for him. It comes down to consistency of ability. He spoke of a player/ coach role which I would be happy with, should he not be first pick next season. He barely had any pace in the first place, but what pace he did have is long gone. He is targeted by most of our opposition as the weak link in a poor defence.
Your right with bene.
I have been critical of buchanan but as you say he's our second top goalscorer. For the wage he's apparently on though, doesn't do nearly enough.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I wouldn't read too much into beatie saying that because fairly early on in the game he told a story of how he either played with or against davo (can't remember which way it was) when he was at Dundee then a few minutes later referred to Murray as davo. Davo has always been an easy scapegoat he even said it himself during the ht package alba put together. I can assure you that is not why I think it's a season too far for him. It comes down to consistency of ability. He spoke of a player/ coach role which I would be happy with, should he not be first pick next season. He barely had any pace in the first place, but what pace he did have is long gone. He is targeted by most of our opposition as the weak link in a poor defence.
Your right with bene.
I have been critical of buchanan but as you say he's our second top goalscorer. For the wage he's apparently on though, doesn't do nearly enough.

Davo looked to have been 'broken in' for such a role at a recent reserve game when he was left to take the players though warm up drill and was a presence in the dugout for the game.

Davo looked to have been 'broken in' for such a role at a recent reserve game when he was left to take the players though warm up drill and was a presence in the dugout for the game.
I look forward to him berating Thomson as he gains fitness in the reserves in the future then...

Your right with bene.
I think Buchanan's criticism has been really unfair. Him as a player coach in the making but no doubt we'll tell him to go and keep Davo instead