Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

30 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is it pay at the gate, or one of these ridiculous “big team” portacabins to get a ticket, to then use at the turnstile ?

'big team' ticket booth to buy ticket and use at turnstile. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep.  MT not alone in feeling like this. 

Even if we get through there will inevitably be a point where we look like we're going to f**k it up. 

Me too. I’d imagine most fans at this level perceive their team as one who regularly snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. But I honestly believe that Queens have a worse record than most when it comes to failing from winning positions.

Edited by Adamski

I'm quite anxious about this.
I can see us making heavy weather of it.  

Yep add me to the list as well.

We have given ourselves a reasonable cushion, but we achieved it with a fairly dreadful performance the other night. My concern is the players think it is job done and another equally poor performance will suffice. I can’t see Raith being as bad and us being as lucky two games in a row.

Raith will score that’s almost certain. If it’s the first goal then we are in for a horrible afternoon.

As always Dobbie being on a one man mission to drag us out of the mire is our best chance of a relaxed afternoon.

Either way it’s going to be a nice feeling at the final whistle to have this season over and done with.

Look queens fans, you don't HAVE to stay up.I mean, you could have a nice wee derby against annan next season, while we would have the pars for a derby. I'm sure that would be the best outcome for everyone. Pretty please??

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Charlton v Doncaster the latest example of a team letting slip a goal lead*

It's happening!

*Even though Doncaster aren't through as yet.

Lucky then that Queens have a 2 goal lead

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

We have given ourselves a reasonable cushion, but we achieved it with a fairly dreadful performance the other night. My concern is the players think it is job done and another equally poor performance will suffice. I can’t see Raith being as bad and us being as lucky two games in a row.

Raith will score that’s almost certain. If it’s the first goal then we are in for a horrible afternoon.

As always Dobbie being on a one man mission to drag us out of the mire is our best chance of a relaxed afternoon.

Either way it’s going to be a nice feeling at the final whistle to have this season over and done with.

Yeah that's about the size of it.

Even pessimists might conclude that the odds are in our favour, but perhaps not forever if we go behind this afternoon.

If we lead at all in this match, it'll surely feel a bit more relaxing. I can't see last week's comfort being repeated though.  

Nobody expects this to finish goalless, so we are probably relying on scoring.  That's come fairly easily just lately, but it was a problem for long enough beforehand.  

You clearly haven't seen us away from home this season. We can be even worse than Wednesday night.

McGlynn has to go for it today and I'd love him to make some bold sections like dropping Davo. Unfortunately he won't especially given his tactics and post match interview on Wednesday night. We'll play the same formation with maybe one or two like for like replacements.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm not unduly optimistic but think you are being a bit unkind to Raith there.  They played well and had us under the sort of pressure I would have expected a confident team to produce on their own patch, but we defended a fair bit better than of late and the goals we scored were pretty decent too. I thought Raith were unlucky to be 3 down and deserved to at least have some chance for todays game. Its not all over by any means but if we play like we have in the past couple of games I think it'll be pretty difficult for Raith to get what they need from the game.