Playoff Final - Raith v Queens / Queens v Raith

the attitude of fans of the play off teams is strange to behold..

QOTS/Raith - both sets equally in disdain of their management/team (particularly defensively), somewhat understandable in case of QOTS who finished 2nd bottom in their league, less so in case of Raith

Clyde/Annan - Clyde crowd mostly positive about their chances although majority in disagreement with Lennons team selection at Annan (and considering his experience this is surely odd),  although I sense the positivity (erroneously most likely) rose significantly when dispatching of a very poor Edinburgh City who hadn't kicked a ball since turn of the year

Annan, although less vociferous and less in numbers, come across as supportive of and proud in their achievements, which is perhaps more reflective of their expectations at the start of the season

Cove/Berwick - not much love (or posts on here) for Cove, especially from the stock car racers in Fife, but the Berwick fans, understandably based on their form all season but especially last 3 months, seem quite morose, resigned and somewhat relieved that this seasons pain will (soon) be behind them, hopefully they can rise black&gold phoenix like from the ashes

fairly straightforward treble for me at weekend - all to qualify QOTS/Annan/Cove

fairly straightforward treble for me at weekend - all to qualify QOTS/Annan/Cove

Do you maybe have a tipster Twitter account I can follow, with stunning insight like this?

Despite being shocking defensively all season we’ve been pretty proficient going forward but last night we didn’t take out chances. Gullan’s chance when the goalie threw the ball to him and Crane when through one on one absolutely must score. Gullan doesn’t get a hold of the ball and makes poor contact which gives the defender the chance to get back and Crane hits the goalie when 6 inches either side and it probably goes in.

The third goal is pathetic from us. Benedictus misjudges the flight and gets caught under it and then Murray and Davidson are too slow to react, striker getting in between them. Three errors from three centre halves when defending a cross ball. Story of our fucking season. I’ll go on Saturday, not because I think we’ll get a result but because it’ll be a good day out with my pals.

Tie open, first goal crucial yada yada.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Anyone still heading to Dumfries on Saturday?

I'll decide nearer the time. Given our unspectacular away form I feel it's a wasted trip, but I'd kick myself if some crazy turn of events saw us getting promoted.

QoS look shaky at the back, but our defensive woes were there for all to see last night.

You couldnt even travel the short journey to Starks last night ( birthday party,anniversary celebrations?);) so theres as much chance of you heading to dumfries as the Rovers have of winning :lol:

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Am I right in thinking the full back has a long throw? 

This is a good point. Where has Crane been hiding that throw all season? We could have made so much more use of that over the course of the season.

At 3-0, I was most likely not heading down.

At 3-1, I’ll be first there. That goal has the potential to be the game changer.

Duggan on from the start up front with Nisbet. Gullan to take up the Flanagan role. Flanagan dropped in the sea. Barjonas instead of Wedderburn( Hope to never have to see him in a Rovers kit again.) and I reckon it’ll be a lot closer than people suggest by the final whistle.

Who the f**k picked him as MOTM? [emoji23] by far the worst player on the pitch last night.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’d actually probably start him. He’ll be fresh and is better than Flanagan in my book.

McGuffie hasn't looked particularly great for us but his ratio of goals to minutes for us is pretty good and in a game where we need goals I'd give him the nod as well.

56 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You couldnt even travel the short journey to Starks last night ( birthday party,anniversary celebrations?);) so theres as much chance of you heading to dumfries as the Rovers have of winning :lol:

It might happen.  I made it to Forfar last week. In terms of percentage chance it’s definitely not high. 10% or 20% maybe.

Daughter was ill last night, and the others were out at gymnastics. Another one for the big book of excuses. Think my wife is doing a beach clean Saturday morning, that’s about it. Right now i’ve got two kids at home after spewing up this morning. 

My morning has been: 6am - woken up by eldest daughter who has spewed everywhere. Run her a bath. Strip her bed and put in washing machine. Go back up to find out she’s spewed in the bath. Empty bath and refill. 8am - wee boy spews all over the Living Room carpet and Dining Room - extensive clean up required. 11am - get mother in law round so I can attend my cardio rehab course in Glenrothes.

When that sort of stuff is going on Rovers come second.

Thinking about it, your comment is about right, 10% chance of either happening.

Edited by Scary Bear

Yeah, I wouldn’t want McGuffie again next season but he’s less of a shitebag than Flanagan and has chipped in with a few goals. Him on one wing, Crane on the other.

I reckon McGlynn will go the same formation again though, and go hell for leather late on if we’re still on it.

Was it not Flanagan’s shot that led to the keeper doing a ‘Graham Smith’ ?

Did he score it?

I’m talking in general terms here. McGuffie generally looks to score, Flanagan tends to shite it.

Why bother following football if you're not going to make the trip to Dumfries?

You don't finish 9th in a terrible Championship, with a 40+ goal striker, because you're good at defending or able to cope with pressure.

This Rovers side is far from perfect, but neither are Queens. This tie is by no means finished.

I agree totally.

I don’t think home advantage makes much difference in play offs. You only need to look at the Leeds match (admittedly different standard of football) to realise that these games are effectively cup finals for teams. Players will give much more in these games than a normal run of mill league match.

If Raith get first goal we will be under huge pressure. A lot of football to be played. I would love it to be a stroll on Sat but when do Queens do things the easy way?

30 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It might happen.  I made it to Forfar last week. In terms of percentage chance it’s definitely not high. 10% or 20% maybe.

Daughter was ill last night, and the others were out at gymnastics. Another one for the big book of excuses. Think my wife is doing a beach clean Saturday morning, that’s about it. Right now i’ve got two kids at home after spewing up this morning. 

My morning has been: 6am - woken up by eldest daughter who has spewed everywhere. Run her a bath. Strip her bed and put in washing machine. Go back up to find out she’s spewed in the bath. Empty bath and refill. 8am - wee boy spews all over the Living Room carpet and Dining Room - extensive clean up required. 11am - get mother in law round so I can attend my cardio rehab course in Glenrothes.

When that sort of stuff is going on Rovers come second.

Thinking about it, your comment is about right, 10% chance of either happening.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I agree totally.

I don’t think home advantage makes much difference in play offs. You only need to look at the Leeds match (admittedly different standard of football) to realise that these games are effectively cup finals for teams. Players will give much more in these games than a normal run of mill league match.

If Raith get first goal we will be under huge pressure. A lot of football to be played. I would love it to be a stroll on Sat but when do Queens do things the easy way?

Don’t worry, we don’t exactly do anything the easy way either...

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

You saw our defence and ‘keeper. What did you think of them?

I didn't think your keeper was that bad but the defending was pretty poor at times. 

I was pleasantly surprised by how poor most of the Raith side were last night, Nisbet was more interested in trying to foul doyle all night rather than playing football.